1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Silas positives, progress, improvement

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by harold bingo, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Is there something where they speak more about the one subject of him having to stick with the two bigs. Also was it or is it confirmed that they are purposely limiting Sengun minutes or is that just a Silas thing? I dont see a link to the actual podcast. If he was doing what they were asking why would his seat be heating up? Makes no sense.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol its not cocain its the winning mentality...nba champion kevin garnet said it best: ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

besides there are no strong teams in nba, its pandemics year, and its modern time where a lot of injuries happen...nobody thought suns would be in the finals last year, miami the year before...its a unique opportunity to win it all in nba

the difference between best and worst nba teams is nuances, psychology, home crowd..thats why the refs and 3 pt high variance have a great impact...20 points blowout is actually only 6 possesions game

aaquaa likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

FIRE SILAS ANYWAY!

aaquaa likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

clos4life and aaquaa like this.
  5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

OK SO THIS IS A LIE. I actually listened to the podcast and it says nothing that he was forced to. It says that Silas wanted to roll with them to make sure they wouldnt work It says nothing about Stone forcing him to run with that lineup. Its basically assumption the guy on twitter that they were saying Stone was forcing him. FINALLY IF STONE WAS FORCING THIS LINEUP HE WOULDNT HAVE SILAS ON A HOT SEAT. Most of this is speculation in the podcast. Nice try though. https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/32776788 The talk starts at 59 minutes and its speculation mostly.

Easy likes this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The exact quote from the podcast is "had to ride the two big lineup". What does "had to" mean to you? That doesn't mean he's forced? It could be speculation from McMahon like you mentioned but it's pretty clear.

HP3 likes this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Its clearly speculation but not just speculation he never even mentions Stone. Had to in this context means he wanted to see if they worked because thats what you do when you get a new player and sign him for years like that. It mentions nothing about the Rockets org or Stone and there are no quotes from either Silas or Stone or the Organization. But somehow we are supposed to make the leap that Stone forced him to keep the lineup and then considered firing him because of it. THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

8. harold bingo

Supporting Member

Make a leap? If a coach "has to" play certain players or lineups, where do you think that order is coming from?

Reeko and HP3 like this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

The term "forced to" is taken out of context are you reading what im saying? IT MAKES NO SENSE. Do you not understand that if you take it for the wrong context not only are you saying the Rockets forced him to play THeis but they also considered firing him for something you are saying they forced him to do. Christ lol

10. harold bingo

Supporting Member

Its not out of context, I listened to the whole thing. I see what you're writing I just disagree. McMahon says Silas "had to" play that lineup, and says he played it "longer than he really wanted to." To me, that context is pretty clear, that he had orders and it wasn't his decision. I think it does make sense. Like you said it does sound like speculation but he's also a beat reporter so it's his job to know these things, so maybe its speculation but it's probably based on something.

burlesk, Reeko and HP3 like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Brother you are wrong that whole convo was speculation im not sure what audio you were listening to. The context was that he needed to see if it worked because Theis was just signed long term. There was no quote saying he had to because Stone told him he had to. That is a complete and utter lie.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

media conspiracists rushing in and praising silas and making excuses for him so that rockets never see the daylight

Joe Rocket likes this.
  13. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Okay, here we go

1- He made adjustments that resulted in progress. Mainly Theis is out.
    2- Garrison Matthews is a success
    3- Using the screen with Alpi, we get so many open 3s. (not the proper topic but somebody should teach Wood to set a basic screen and that it is extremely useful to set a good screen)

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i remember an interview with a legendary euro coach i forget who he was because that day i watched a few( i think it was obradovic or maljkovic) and he said that he always corrects his players on the spot , no matter the situation , no matter the consequences, hes honest with his players and whenever he spots something he corrects it immediately!

no wonder this guy won everything... shitty wood screens wouldnt last 2 days with this coach
    COACHING MATTERS

aaquaa and clos4life like this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I would be furious if they fired Silas. Sorry, but look at the Rockets without the two big lineup. 30 assist a game, since. This team is well coached and the players play hard. Wood has for the most part cut down on the iso and this team has started following the lead of Mathews and Sengun. Keep going!!

majicdonjuan and jdjd like this.
  16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

i dun't know...
    lately i feel in my bones that Stone was the person pulling the strings all along and forced Silas inserting Theis and Nwaba into the first and second unit,
    only when Silas felt he was in the hot seat, as well as he had successfully used 15-L to prove Stone's vets signing and the personnel assignment is wrong, did he get a word from Stone to DNP Theis, Nwaba and tweak the rotations to get the ball rolling, i.e. a win streak.
    just kinda speculation, but many thing await to be deciphered, say why sent Garrison and Armoni to G league while we in badly need of snipers, why confine Sengun on the bench so on.

burlesk likes this.
  17. clos4life

clos4life Member

[​IMG]

...I kid, I kid. I actually like your positive attitude even if I disagree with your premise.

18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

One of his improvements is his timeout calling. That last timeout he called when we were up around 10 points to completely stop our own momentum and get the Magic regrouped to make it a closer game than it should have was a beauty.

I think Silas is such a basketball genius that he felt sorry for the magic and donated a time out to their coach because he noticed they weren't calling one when they should have. Nice guy Silas.

clos4life and harold bingo like this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This has to be a record number of days between new fire Silas threads so far.

clos4life and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. harold bingo

Supporting Member

Are there stats anywhere on coaches challenges? Silas has to be at the top of the league on these, it seems like he never misses and we get one every game. Most coaches barely use them.

don grahamleone likes this.