1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WAPO OPINION PIECE] The NBA pitches itself as progressive. But its stars won’t talk about vaccines.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Gioan Baotixita

It’s hard to say, but the disturbing part for me when you’re following someone like Lebron says a lot about a person’s character. I’m not saying they don’t have the right to do it, nor Lebron has the right to be a jerkoff that he is. This is America, you can be who you are or follow anyone you wish.

This is strictly my opinion only. The masses can follow whoever they want, I just don’t do it.

2. Gioan Baotixita

It is funny because TDS is a real epidemic now and you are the proof of it. Since you believe so much in vaccines and the Keebler Elf is always pushing for some types of vaccines or another’s. I just thought it is kind of comical if he did come up with said vaccine, and the next administration will have a mandate for everyone who is suffering from TDS.

3. Gioan Baotixita

There is no mandate? Brandon says “ hold my oatmeal “.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Isn't LeBron doing exactly what you want? Isn't the media complaint that he is NOT using his platform to encourage vaccinations?

5. Gioan Baotixita

I do not care what Lebron is doing. In my world, he is irrelevant. I just find it is disturbing that so many people are following him. Pretty sad for this great and declining country if you asked me.

6. bobrek

I believe you say he should shut up and dribble which is exactly what he is doing with regards to the vaccine.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

couldn't LeBron silently (i.e., without words) engage in some form of symbolic action to encourage people to get vaccinated? kind of like kneeling for the national anthem, only better. That way he wouldn't have think logically, but he could inspire just through his actions.

probably deserves its own poll

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Mission accomplished

11. Gioan Baotixita

I’m not telling him to do anything. He is irrelevant to me, he can do whatever the hell he wants to do. I do not care for him. I’m telling you my feelings about the people that are following him.

12. Nook

Nook Member

You know......

He is a Republican....

[​IMG]

13. Gioan Baotixita

He’s a Republican just like bobrek is. Bwahahaha

14. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

OATMEAL? ****!!!!!

15. Nook

Nook Member

That is who I was talking about.

bobrek is a republican..... he just doesn't have a mental illness.

I say we lock Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump in a railway crate and let them scratch each other's eyes out.

bobrek likes this.
  16. bobrek

Again, I challenge you to find the posts that you claim that show I'm not. You continue to shy away from doing that. Why is that?

17. Gioan Baotixita

Yes, that what I meant. He has said it to me on several occasions which is why it is so comical. Not sure which Republican Party that he belongs to. He likes Charlie Crist, the guy who jumped ship to become a Dem in 2012. Charlie Crist Is running for governor in Florida next year. Who you do think bobrek will vote for? DeSantis...yeah right.

18. Gioan Baotixita

No, I am acknowledging you as a Republican, your brand of Republican. Lol

19. bobrek

I like Charlie Crist as a human being as I had a very pleasant conversation with him at the airport in November. Doesn’t mean I'm going to vote for him.

I'll wait until the candidates are official and then make an informed decision based on their platforms.

And if I don't like either as a candidate to be my governor, I'll write in a candidate.

Gee.. what a novel concept.

20. bobrek

I am proud to be a non-Trump Republican. You know, the kind that is for candidates who don't think the election was stolen. The kind that think representatives like Boebert, Green, Cawthorn, Gaetz, Gohmert have no business being in Congress. The kind that think Cruz is a spineless coward.

Os Trigonum likes this.