1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone else terrified of a win streak?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Mar 31, 2021.

1. jayland

jayland Member

We need to let tank commander Wall play before its too late.

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

I didn't suffer through last year just to watch the Rockets pick JG over Mobley and then join the mediocrity wheel. I want chet/bantero/Jabari.

3. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

I'd sooner let JayGup run point than let Wall's sorry ass off the bench.

Hell, bring back Bruno if we're that desperate to lose, maybe he's finally ready?
    What other Rockets Legends should we bring back to tank?
    Gary Clark? Chris Clemons?
    Did Gary Payton Jr. not get a fair deal?
    Marquese Chris is only 24...
    Zhou Qi????????????

Looked for Hartenstein, turns out he's a decent backup big for the Clippers, good for him, one of Morey's better 2nd round picks.

Corrosion likes this.
  4. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm not terrified of a win streak. But I do worry about hitting mediocrity purgatory. Basically, ending the season with a pick in the 8-13 range where you're out of range from drafting the real stars when one more possibly takes this team over the top for the foreseeable future.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Note to Steven Silas:

Please send Garrison Mathews back to RGV
    Give Green his 30mpg back that he didn't earn.
    More minutes for Josh Christopher & Martin jr.
    Put the two big lineup back

.... all this winning is not having fun , save it for next year when we take the world by storm.

HMMm ....

sydmill and palmsnbananas like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Silas benefits most from a long winning streak.

And then Mathews, Tate, Brooks....

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

These guys are playing like they are making a final four run … the hustle, the energy, the hard fouls. Gotta love it :D

8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Go be a Magic fan, they like to tank year after year, I think you'll be a better fit there.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what makes you believe these will do any better than JG in NBA?

groovemachine and ApacheWarrior like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this reminds me of when a heroin addict said i ll just take just this last shot of heroin today and then ill quit tommorow

groovemachine likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what!? sir you couldnt be more wrong, sengun is pick no 16 and hes been worlds better than our top 2 pick despite not being given half his minutes and opportunity...hes basically ROY and arguably already the best player on rockets

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol so many losers mentality around here you gotta wonder are these the real rockets fans or other teams bots sent to give the rivals franchise a misdirecting fans feedback

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand your logic here. This team literally just lost 15 straight games. What is the point of winning now? If they were gonna win, they shoulda won from the beginning. I don't get why you think Magic tank every year. They were in the playoffs 2 years ago in the bubble. Then realized they weren't good enough and started tanking recently by trading Vucevic to the Bulls.

you really want those Aaron Brooks Scola Rocket years again? Constantly 8th seed and no lottery picks? We won't luck into another James Harden trade. Patience is what fans need right now. Look at Astros. How did that work out?

clos4life and palmsnbananas like this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

How is this a loser mentality? As a fan you want your team to win a championship. Making the playoffs is not the goal. The best way to do that for us especially with a cheap ass owner is to tank. 2 more years at least. Chet and Emoni with Jalen and Sengun is a dynasty in the making.

We don't want to be the kings. Constantly trying to compete but never actually competing. But never bad enough to actually get a number 1 pick so they are stuck in whatever they are doing.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I just don't remotely subscribe to the utter nonsense that losing and getting high draft picks is the best way forward. There's been way too many teams who've been absolute trash for years, barely improving and then back to absolute trash. There are way more teams that have been in that cycle than there are teams that have tanked and then won a championship. Deliberately throwing games isn't sport, it's actually disrespectful to sport. If we lose because we suck, cool. If we lose deliberately, that's pathetic, unsportsmanlike and complete loser mentality. Anybody who actually wants that should just stop watching sports, they'll never understand them so it's a wasted endeavour.

groovemachine, cmlmel77 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

whats with this championship or bust mentality...does all 27 teams that realistically have no slightest chance of winning the ring should just forfeit all the games for the year to get a high pick and just let the 3 top teams fight it out in 2 weeks?

and yes i still believe rockets could win it all this year despite losing 15 straight....
    if they do, losers will think it was just luck or injuries...

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not tanking only works for big market teams. Cuz free agents and owners willing to spend make it possible. It will never work in Houston, we aren't a free agent destination. Some teams have to do it differently. Yes tanking doesn't work all the time. But that is more on teams with bad GMs and drafting poorly. Kings are one of the one worst drafting teams I've ever seen which is why they are always in the lottery. We have to hope Stone is better than that and give him a chance.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Wow you really believe we can win it all this year?? Take the homer glasses off man. You have a better chance of winning the lottery.

19. MystikArkitect

Players like Mobley are the literal walking definition of being on a mediocrity wheel. Go back in time and be a Pelicans fan when Davis was there. Or go be a Timberwolves fan now.

Some folks here really think a plodding center with minimal offensive skills is the key to a championship formula. The 80s called, they want their team construct back.

20. StevieCrossover

Dear Rockets, please suck this year.......we need the top picks to secure the Rockets human race for generations to come.

dmoneybangbang likes this.