1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood expected to get "significant trade interest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think Sengun has proven time and time again he can stay in front of guards. If he can do that, he can stay in front of power forwards.

aaquaa, burlesk and D-rock like this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

But it isn't just about that. Sengun and Wood both like to be in the paint. That creates spacing issues. It's why we've looked so much better with only one big on the court.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think Sengun is perfectly capable of playing in the high post or top of the key facilitating, Jokic style. That still leaves space for drives

DeBeards, aaquaa, stevel and 5 others like this.
  4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You keep referring to a PLAYER, I'm referring to PLAYERS. That's the difference. We don't have that PLAYER yet but we have PLAYERS who you can build around. I think we have a good nucleus; Wood, KPJ, Sengun and Green but it's going to take another yr or two and I think that nucleus will get us back to respectability and maybe a Championship.

Remeber, Wood hasn't really hit his prime yet and probably won't until he turns 28 or 29 but I think he will be good for a lot longer than his peers because he does not have as much mileage on his body. KPJ seems to be developing into a full time PG and Green had started to pick it up before he got hurt too. And with the addition of Matthew's, possible trades and draft picks, I think the Rockets can surprise within the next 2yrs.

5. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Let’s do the math (by let’s, I mean someone else do the math for me)

If we pay Wood 30 mil per, plus all the pieces we want to keep rookies and what not, plus KPJs next contract if we want to keep him, how much salary cap do we have remaining for the free agents we hope to acquire(only to be left hanging).

I’m sure we have at least enough for 1 max contract, ideally we should have enough to attract a kwahi PG situation.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Alright well now you're just changing your argument entirely. I'm not gonna argue against this one, all I was saying is that this situation is nothing like the lakers and it was a poor comparison. It didn't make sense and it still doesn't.

jiggyfly and YOLO like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

DeBeards and aaquaa like this.
  9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Except Jokic doesn’t play with another center. This is the 21st century, no team plays 2 bigs. His shooting is better than expected but opponents doesn’t really respect him as a shooter. Defense is going to sag Sengun off to cut off PnR connection between KPJ and Wood. He also doesn’t have the speed to beat his defender off the dribble.

10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I disagree with this entire post

aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U see how funny it is when u try to define Randle as one? Man didn't get traded around like a used tissue, and he chose where he wanted 2 play, same as lebron

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well luckily enough our coach is an offensive genius so i am sure he ll think of something to make it work....

Joe Rocket and aaquaa like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice and we dont even have to sign fa... superstar can emerge within and you justs extend him...wood you can trade anytime you want even if you sign him to the max... hes a diamond

aaquaa likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

• Unnecessary gifs of Hitler
    they can play on the perimeter 12 minutes(6 minutes each) a night because they are both capable of it, then you stagger the rest of the minutes and give them both 30 minutes a night

(Image removed)

#374 hakeem94, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    aaquaa likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I mean he has beat numerous players off the dribble already this season, he just had one for a poster dunk. The dude is not a poor athlete.

aaquaa and D-rock like this.
  16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

If a team offers 2 first round picks for Wood, do you pull the trigger?

PHX IN: Wood
    HOU IN: Saric and 2 FRPs

aaquaa likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think that’s enough for Wood

Mr Woods, Hank McDowell and DM'sVP like this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Get Theis out of everyones way and the game flows better.

D-rock likes this.
  19. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

What does it take for you to make that deal? 3 FRPs? 2 FRPs and 2 swaps? I don’t think they will be able to get a really good player plus picks and I think they should go for picks over players right now.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know how else to break it down to you. The Shaq and Kobe comparison to our current roster was AGE COMPARISON to show that players can develop and when a Championship and they do not all have to be 1, 2, 3 or 4yrs apart to fit a TIMELINE. Shaq and Kobe were 6yrs apart.

I am in no way comparing talents, just their ages. The basis of my arguement has always been that Wood FITS the TIMELINE and rather than trade him, the Rockets need to keep him and develop chemistry with KPJ, Green and Sengun

RoadWarrior likes this.