1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 11/29/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 28, 2021.

1. juanming

juanming Member

I just want to say I think my post above I just left ,this very long post above, should be nominated as post of the year, I just don't see how you guys can top this

sirjesse and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This was borderline unreadable. If its not a joke, it should be.

jiggyfly, Bo6, palmsnbananas and 2 others like this.
  3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

What the **** does that have to do with my post in any way? Don't quote me unless you're actually responding to me, it's just a waste of time when I'm then faced with an incoherent jumble of nonsense I don't give a flying **** about.

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes got ok optics but what we do really know about him? any in depth analysis of his coaching approach?

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@juanming
    dont get discouraged that was a good piece of writing...need to hear more

Ramo$e and sirjesse like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Go Rockets!

DD

sirjesse, Chasing_Chase and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. conquistador#11

I loved the interaction between Wood and KPJ during the post game interview. Remember that Wood had been a curmudgeon to KPJ from the moment KP got here up until that ever important gathering at the strip club with the knife fight. Maybe some of you posters need to get in some knife fights to come together.

burlesk, 13 in 33, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

LMFAO Wood will be on the 1st thing smoking if the deal is right. Don't get too attached. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Pro-tank and anti-tank fans are both fans man. Stop throwing so much shade lol. There is not a perfect formula to building in the NBA. Sometimes you get lucky (think Spurs landing Duncan, or cap space adjustment allowing Warriors to land Durant), sometimes you have to be bad (think the current Suns, multiple lottery picks, look where they are now, how about the Warriors, they were bad for a few years and then got Barnes/Curry/Thompson/Green all through the draft, granted Green was not a lotto pick), what about the 76ers, yeah, they are hurting right now, but they definitely got better through tanking. Not all ****ing teams are lucky like the 2012-2013 rockets that landed James Harden, the only reason we got lucky was because Washington did not come through on the offer OKC was pursuing from them, otherwise, we are probably still stuck in mediocrity, maybe.

You can't just look at the Kings/Pelicans/Magic and build your anti-tank case from that. There have been plenty of teams in the past that decided to lose in order to better position themselves in the draft. Look at the Rockets, we decided to win a few dumb games at the end of the 2005-2006 season, and for what, we moved down two spots in the draft (from 6 to 8) and we ended up losing out on Brandon Roy. Granted, Battier was not so bad, but yeah, Brandon Roy at that time would have been pretty bad ass.

So yeah, you aren't a much better fan just because you want to win. There is a bigger picture here in mind and as I fan, you better damn hope that your team executives are thinking of the long term picture, not of the short term. Granted there is no guarantees, especially with the lottery being a little tougher to win after the rule changes, but that doesn't mean teams should not position themselves to get the best draft position possible IF their team is far away from playoff contention. Also no guarantee that the player you draft will be a franchise player, however, if your team looks like the Rockets looked last year or look right now, you better think long and hard about your future.

Imagine if last year we continue trying to win. The scenario would have been ending up with 18th pick. We definitely would not have acquired the talent we have right now (whether you are believer in any of the guys we have or not).

There is such a thing as being strategic. I don't want to trade talent for the sake of trading it away, but Christian Wood falls under that category that you start thinking LONG AND HARD about where you are going to be 3 years from now. Depending on the trade packages offered, is it worth it to ship him off. He literally is at the highest value he will have right now, especially if he continues playing the way he is right now for the following reasons:
    1. Cheap contract
    2. Has an additional year left on his contract at cheap price
    3. He is not an all star, but seems to be a really really good complimentary player that in the right scenario could potentially have an all star stint.
    I don't have a problem paying Christian Wood max money because after John Wall comes off the books and EG is likely traded, we really won't be paying anyone a lot of money and we do have a minimum cap we have to meet. However, is paying Christian Wood max money my first choice, right now it isn't. So we won 3 games in a row, big ****ing deal. Last year he looked great during that 10 game (??) winning streak, but once he came back, he didn't lead to any wins (granted team wasn't healthy at all).

Some of you guys are overrating the talent on this team. We aren't good, so naturally we are going to lose. We are not bad enough that we should have been losing as much as Silas had us losing earlier in the year, but trying to make a play-in round should not be the goal. I'm not saying throw away games, since our guys are likely going to do that on their own anyways, but I am saying that towards the end of the season we better not get cute and lose out on franchise altering talent.

#871 ElPigto, Nov 30, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You know I'm never going to read that much waffle trying to justify deliberately losing games, right? If we lose because we suck, cool. Deliberately throwing games is b****made anti-sportsman bullshit. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY advocating for that is a massive loser, and doesn't even deserve to watch sports.

13. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I got to talk with the OG/99er Committee if we will do posts of the year. We might have to create an online awards show for that category.

14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

If you want to be stuck in mediocrity you are not a fan. No one wants our scrubs. We are not getting a star in trade. The right thing to do is rebuild. Perpetual mediocrity is not rebuilding. Also it won't do use any favors. This team was never going 0-82 they were going to win a handful of games. I refuse to take this team seriously until they are at least7 games above .500.

If you wanted to cheer for an underdog with an actual chance to win against prime Lakers Mobley/Franices/Yao were the era. You're off by at least 15th years. I know some posters are young and haven't experienced multiple generation of Rockets ball. This team isn't even a good as the Battier/Scola/Landry /Hayes bunch. Like come on guys don't be a r****d. Do you want to win or not?

OR JUST LOSE competitively? lol

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Just finished the last nights game stream-
    1-Good win against a crappy OKC team !
    2- Wood can not guard the paint-
    3- No plays ran for Sengun -
    4- 4 more wins till our 8th win!!!!

aaquaa and DeBeards like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Cool man. This is a business. This isn't little league, where yeah, it would be dog **** to throw games. We are talking about a ****ing business trying to better your product to maximize your profits and bring in fans. Yeah, short term you may suffer some (suprised @Reeko went to a game lol), but long term, you'll reap the benefits of having a really damn good team (although this is still Houston after all :oops:). Yeah, no guarantees, but the roster is not so hot right now, ESPECIALLY if J Green doesn't work out (crossing my fingers that Sengod is the MVP we all deserve).

Rockets championship years are a direct result of being losers ("anti-sportsmans bullshit"). You were probably too young to celebrate those champioinships anyways, I know I was.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I honestly don’t even get the point of this tanking vs not tanking debate

this isn’t some 1st round exit or even play-in squad that people are like “no, don’t care, we need to lose instead”…at this point, you’re basically saying I’d rather see 22 wins instead of 17 or 18, because those are the options

it is in the Rockets best interest to maximize their draft position because we just plain suck…that doesn’t mean u go out their and just bullsh*t and not try, but I doubt anyone is advocating for that anyways…it’s simply that at the end of the day, after all the losing that is inevitably gonna happen, the Rockets need to emerge with a top lotto pick…your chances of selecting a star are simply higher the higher your pick is…sometimes the top picks suck and it is the guy picked 7th, 10th, 15th that is the real star, but we are talking about simple probability here

even if Jalen Green was the wrong choice and it should’ve been Barnes or Mobley instead, you’re still not getting either one without a top 4 pick

jiggyfly, Ramo$e and ElPigto like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You were a notorious Harden hater.

And now you hate Wood.

You have been begging for rebuilds even when Rockets were contending for the championship.

CF already knows you for the cockroach you are.

clos4life likes this.
  19. Space City

Space City Member

Maybe you’re looking for @Mr. Space City

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member