1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood expected to get "significant trade interest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2021.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really wish we could have seen Wood with a prime CP3/Harden/Ariza/Tucker...

2. VoR

VoR Member

Wood for Sacramento 2022 first round and another piece sounds nice to me.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Do not trade him, we don't need YOUNGER players, we have 4 FRPs that need to develop, we need some veterans to help lead the way.....Tate & Wood are keepers.

DD

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Davion Mitchell would be cool, but I don’t think the Kings do that

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You need to quiet down.

Some on this board don't do well with common sense.

6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

People have a really distorted view of Kuminga. His offensive efficiency was in the bottom half of the G League. He was a poor shooter (including FTs) and was especially poor in isolation or off the dribble. In the minutes he's gotten with the warriors, he has shown nothing to dispel those worries. His best trait is his athleticism and rebounding, but that's not enough to justify trading Wood for imo.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Do you think Wood is the 'veteran' the youngens need though?

Serious question.

Personally, I don't envision Wood as a veteran I want rubbing off on the youngens on this roster, especially Sengun.

8. VoR

VoR Member

I don’t want Mitchell.

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Why not? Just curious.

Not that we could ever obtain him.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

There ya go again, always wanting to rub your Wood off on our Youngens, especially Sengun. Can't blame yuh I guess.

#230 RudyTBag, Nov 30, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  11. dmoneybangbang

Also we don't need 5 FRP for 2021.

jiggyfly, hakeem94 and Dobbizzle like this.
  12. jacoby

jacoby Member

Wood was bouncing around the league building up a negative reputation for years before he started to show he was NBA caliber. He's only been useful on the court for 2 and a half seasons. He's not someone I'd trust leading a locker room.

The league is filled with older vets that we can acquire/sign for cheap if we're worried about leadership. Rockets are in the middle of a tank, they'd be foolish not to cash in on their most valuable trade asset right now.

IvanLCPM, jiggyfly, jboslett and 6 others like this.
  13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Leave it up to the Rockets to trade their only front court player that plays above the rim and can block shots. Again.

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

We're in the middle of a rebuild not in the middle of a tank, wtf is wrong with you people? The 2 things are not the same, you all need to ****ing realise it already and drop the pathetic ass loser attitude. Quit being a sports fan and play the lotto instead, leave sports to people who actually enjoy and understand them.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

We need to try to sign him to an extension in the offseason. People don’t realize Wood is a special talent. Players with his skillsets are hard to find.

Only consider trading him if he refuses to sign an extension or we draft Chet. Trading him in the trade deadline would be a mistake.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This, as good as Wood might seem on the surface, he is a guy that has bounced around too much to have that calm presence.

He is a young player at heart himself and will continue to be in the next years, until he matures when he is close to 30 or something.

I saw no Playoff records at all, not 1 game.

17. jacoby

jacoby Member

We are 4-16 on the season or something absurd... worst record in the NBA. Last season we traded Westbrook, Harden and Tucker and this season it's known to everyone in the league that we are fielding offers for Eric Gordon and Christian Wood. It has nothing to do with my "pathetic" attitude, we are literally tanking...which is good. Another top 5 pick this season puts us on the right track.

Green, Sengun and KPJ are the cornerstones to our franchise and it's way too early to know if they can even lead a team yet.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I completely disagree. Cash in for what? He has 1.5 year left on his contract and teams understand it’s a rental. They are not going to overpay for Wood. We should absolutely try to extend him.

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Just because Wood isn’t leader material doesn’t mean he isn’t worth keeping. His skillsets are unique.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cool, it is called a forum, people tend to disagree.

It happens.