1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood expected to get "significant trade interest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Amen, he is going to b**** and moan, but the Rockets are years away from contending so no matter what he says, you just stand firm......if he wants to leave badly enough he can take less money.

It is a cruel decision, but that is the way it is.

I don't want to trade Wood, I like his skillset, bigs who can score so easily at a high percentage and shoot the three ball? How long have we been looking for that? I would rather sign him to an extension - and we can always trade him later, but if we are only going to churn, churn, churn, we will never get there.

DD

RoadWarrior and ashleyem like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If wood and segun can play together then keeping wood makes some sense, if not you trade wood and drafts big that can play center against big nba centers. The only thing wood proved he last game is he is good against poor post defense. Silas has to play them together enough to find out

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you trade Siakim to get Wall?

Really?

D-rock likes this.
  4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Golden state and Charlotte are the teams that could use Wood the most. Wood would be a perfect fit next to a defensive anchor like Draymond. And Charlotte is desperate for a center and looking to compete now. Steph and Lamelo would also unlock Wood and make him a better player.

joshuaao and xaos like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Depends on how much he will want on the extension . . .. .
    He will want at least Capela Money 90/5 yrs

Rocket River

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Right but they've both said that before and I dont care what Porter is saying we are talking about Wood who was complaining just a couple of weeks ago about Porter not giving him the ball and he quit in the middle of a game several times. Interviews mean nothing its what they actually do that matters. Make no mistake if Wood and Porter always played like they did the other night I wouldnt be sitting here saying both of them can be traded but most nights they dont play like that and Wood has complained about Porter and he gets to choose where he goes 2023 and so your betting he stays with a rebuilding team and a guard he complained about 2 weeks ago.

rockets1995 likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I call bullshit.

Please provide links.

D-rock likes this.
  8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Trading Wood would be a mistake. He is criminally underrated.

D-rock and RoadWarrior like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Christian Wood is your typical nice player that a bad team pays star money to because he’s the best on the team and they’re not signing anyone better

not to mention we have Sengun and will likely be drafting another big

I do not have faith in Christian

YOLO, fattz, Williamson and 7 others like this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

Are GMs swiping right on Wood?

[​IMG]

Deuce, RocketsTerps, juanming and 3 others like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Who's fault is that?

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you want to tank to get another bust like jalen green?...and trade away the only established star player you have ? my goodnes will you people ever learn...its just the hype and these guys arent any good and only in their dreams theyll become wood caliber player....

13. DaDakota

And he deserves it....and that is a great contract to trade for a budding disgruntled superstar.

DD

BallaDoc likes this.
  14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Nothing the Rockets have said or done to this point indicates they will include assets to unload Wall. 2022 free agency just isn’t that important to our future plans.

Personally, I’d like to see another Nets package unless you just really believe in 1 or 2 of GSWs young guns.

Maybe the Celtics for 2 future picks and 2 swaps in years 2025-2028.

D-rock and Joe Rocket like this.
  15. DaDakota

Picks take 3-4 years to develop, I don't want this team to STINK for 5 years.....

DD

D-rock and fattz like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

See what I mean, this guy loves threading water lol. It's cool man, you believe in this team, that's great. Our Lowry/Hayes/Martin/Scola/Parsons team was waaaaaaay better than this product and the best they ever did was just above .500. We are lucky that Morey traded Lowry for a guaranteed lottery pick, otherwise, we would not have gotten Harden that offseason.

Some of you are way too short sighted, and I get it, you hate losing.

There is a bigger picture here in mind if you want to contend again. Calling Wood an established star?? That's ****ing laughable man.

jiggyfly, YOLO, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Obviously you trade Wood for the best offer. He is not a "cornerstone" and we have a young promising center who needs to develop. Wood is not going to be here long term. It would be monumentally stupid to give him a max type deal in the middle of a rebuild.

As good as he can look at times, remind yourself how long the list is of guys who can put up numbers on bad teams.

I think he could help a contender off the bench though.

#177 T for 3, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

KPJ and Christian Wood really gives bad vibes, very selfish.

KPJ always talks about Christian being a All Star it's like those two want all the stats the rest can have leftovers.

KPJ hogging last second brick shot while somebody is always open is not helping the team.

Crashlanded19 and juanming like this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If Christian Wood, JaeSean Tate, KPJ can get you more picks and younger talent, the Rockets must do it to rebuild around Alperen Sengun and Jalen Green properly.

A Real Point Guard who can organize the Team and Play next to Jalen Green, Small Forward, Tall Shot Blocker, that can defend next to Sengun.

Jalen Green and Alperen Sengun need better teammates than this Selfish group.

Ivey next to Jalen Green is a Perfect Backcourt

Alperen Sengun with a Dynamic Shot Blocker with a 3 point shot and can switch on Guards.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

OK and then he leaves 2023 then what?