1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot Henderson PG of the Future

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by i3artow i3aller, Nov 18, 2021.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Another Scoot who is the PG of the future?? What a small world

[​IMG]

3. xaos

xaos Member

Heard a lot of amazing things about him, his talent, athletic ability, family...

Dude belongs in the NBA TODAY.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

looking like a jaygup

clos4life, D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/11/29/nba-draft-stock-watch-paolo-banchero-chet-holmgren-jabari-smith

Scoot Henderson's arrival sparks Ignite

Hopefully you read Howard Beck’s recent feature on top prospect Scoot Henderson, who joined the G League Ignite this season as a 17-year-old who’s not even eligible for the draft until 2023. The 6' 2" Henderson made his debut for Ignite Nov. 17, helping lead them to their first win. It’s not a coincidence that their team has been much more competitive ever since. As it turns out, Henderson is not only precocious, but he’s ready to be a difference-maker: there was chatter that he was Ignite’s best long-term prospect, but it looks like he’s already the team’s best player. He posted a remarkable 31-point performance on Nov. 26 in an overtime loss to a Santa Cruz Warriors team that included rookies Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody on assignment. The NBA has been buzzing about Henderson behind the scenes for the past several days, and Ignite picked up its second win on Sunday. Henderson scored 22 points with 10 rebounds and eight assists.

Let’s frame it this way: Ignite has three projected 2022 first-rounders on the roster in Jaden Hardy, Dyson Daniels and MarJon Beauchamp. Henderson is a year younger than Daniels, about 15 months younger than Hardy, and more than two years younger than Beauchamp, and he’s already clearly on a different level athletically than all of them. He looks like the type of player where the hyperbole actually matches what you’re seeing: Henderson has grown-man speed and explosiveness and a handle to match, allowing him to get downhill with velocity and finish. He doesn’t make a ton of mistakes with the ball and is showing signs of improvement with his jumper. And there’s a distinct level of cool to the way he carries himself. Ignite has been bringing him off the bench, but it doesn’t matter: they badly need him to be competitive.

Henderson looks like an unusually complete prospect for someone his age, and the upside here is immense. I sat in on one of his workouts while in Las Vegas back in the spring and was impressed with his physicality, but seeing him put it to use in game action has been eye-opening. He doesn’t play much defense yet and has much more to add in terms of polish, but expect the hype around him to grow in a real way as Ignite’s season rolls on. France’s Victor Wembanyama remains the firmly projected top pick for 2023, but Henderson may be right behind him.

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Love this kid's game. He has the physical tools, mindset/aggressiveness, and skillset to be great. His mid-range jumper is smooth, but his 3-ball looks to still be developing. If that comes around (which is entirely possible with his hunger/form), he's going to be scary. Looking forward to seeing him in the 2023 Draft -- he's likely a Top-2 or 3 guy as of now.

The draft eligibility rules still need reform.

8. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Rockets are permitted to tank 2022 for this guy.

jcmoon, Dacamel, Possum and 3 others like this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Looks like Derrick Rose 2.0 in the best way possible.

xaos and i3artow i3aller like this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

11. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Is Scoot Henderson the best NBA Draft Prospect in the World?

Chad Ford and Howard Beck talk about who could be the best 17 year old out there right now.

I'm paying attention !!!!!!

#11 ickaruto, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  12. i3artow i3aller

Scoot squaring off against pros at All Star weekend?

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Paolo in 22 and Scoot in 23. Rockets should be ready after that

D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you want players drafted before they graduate High school?

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Henderson is very intriguing. Another less talked about guard that may be available this year would be Shaedon Sharpe. Considering how small the Rockets already are you would have to move some pieces to add any more backcourt prospects/talent - like moving KPJ to an off ball position (which I would be fine with, but is the team ready to start tinkering with their "alignment"?). Would have to seriously consider if the ROX get moved off the top 3-4 draft slots.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

18. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

I know the intensity and commitment to defense in these games isn't quite there, but Scoot going up against guys like Ant, Lamelo, and Haliburton is gonna be fun. If he shows out, the hype is gonna skyrocket.

D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I tried to look up his stats, g-league website b trippin, this was the only way I could find it

https://www.proballers.com/basketball/player/247476/scoot-henderson/games

7 games played, 3 really nice games, the others meh, only 2 three's made so far.

Dude was born in 2004 bruh... whats next we drafting 2010 babies? Life can go fck its self speeding by like this

tehG l i d e likes this.