1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood expected to get "significant trade interest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/...stephen-curry-kristap-porzingis-julius-randle

There is an expectation around the NBA that Christian Wood, who’s in the second season of a three-year contract, will receive significant trade interest and that Houston will entertain offers. Wood is only 26, so Houston could keep him, but he’s no sure thing to stay come 2023; one of the reasons he signed with the Rockets over other interested teams was to play with James Harden, and Harden is long gone. Wood can offer a lot more to a team with playoff hopes than he can to the Rockets.

Starting center Daniel Theis will also receive mild trade interest from teams in need of a steady veteran backup. Sengun is better than Theis right now, but he’s an imperfect frontcourt fit with Wood because both are lean bigs.

2. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

Very conflicted feelings about this..

Tfor3, diehardrockets, Ramo$e and 4 others like this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I kind of feel like that's just made up.
    I mean it should be true, so maybe he asked a couple guys
    "Hey, will Wood get any interest?"... "Sure.."
    And that was it.

In any case, being discussed a little bit in the random trade threads... what would be fair return for Wood to both teams?

Ramo$e, jch1911, SamFisher and 3 others like this.
  4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The key is to identify the team or teams that could really use Christian Wood and go from there. It's easy to say Golden State and Atlanta because they have young players that fit what Houston is looking for, but do they need CWood?

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Does say... New Orleans want him? I hate arguing over Chet and Paola.

[​IMG]

How much shots would Chuck Wood chuck if Chuck Wood couldn't chuck shots on his new team?

#5 don grahamleone, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  6. xaos

xaos Member

He's our best win/win trade asset that we have for a team that has young talent with high upside, but are in win now mode.

Tate is probably our second and Eric Gordon (contract) is probably third? It would have to be a really great trade for me to see Tate gone though.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

get him outta here Stone…if u pay him, it will be a big mistake

he’s not that guy

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I am in the camp of still wait and see. Properly used he is top 10 center in the league

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, sell high on this guy. He definitely can fill up the stat sheet, but he isn't that guy that's going to help us become a winning team once the younger guys are ready to take it to the next level. I guess the only reason I can stomach paying him max money is because eventually we will have to pay someone max money anyways. So if we keep him around, I won't be mad since I know John Wall will be expiring once he is due for a raise and hopefully Eric won't be here anymore along with Theis.

B-Bob, jboslett, aaquaa and 8 others like this.
  10. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Warriors could use Wood. Kuminga + Wiseman + salary filler (if needed)?

yao.zhao, banzai, luckyman76 and 16 others like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I have consistently said the Rockets need to dictate the market. The time to trade Wood is now unless he’s in the long term plans meaning extension incoming. Warriors are the destination. Kuminga and Moody or Wiseman. That’s the package. It starts with Kuminga and is supplemented by Moody or Wiseman. Warriors would unleash him and it will hurt but Kuminga has upside and that’s what we need.

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think sengun can play with anybody but he could play better with Chet or Blancheros. I think Jabari Smith is a SF like a Scottie Barnes, a good defender not elite and not a very good offense producer. If we land in the top 3 draft selections we should be fine.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You trade him if you get an amazing offer. If not keep him and hope he keeps up solid play for next season and see what offers there are then.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I feel the smart play would be to the Warriors for Wiseman, Moody & a first. Our squad is a ways away and we have nothing but time.

Ramo$e, RocketOrg and bumbum09 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the enemy is trying to cause disorder in our lockerroom now that we on our way to contention

juanm34, JaWindex, PuzzledFan and 9 others like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Since we aren't even competing right now, I think Rockets fans won't be hurt. Our irrational hate for the Warriors stemmed from our competitive years. Personally, I don't think the hate extends past those years, unlike the Jazz/Lakers/Mavs that we will always have irrational hate for.

I'm not even mad that the Warriors are doing well right and that Stephen is kicking ass.

17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Also theis? FIREWORKS!!!

i3artow i3aller and sirjesse like this.
  18. alethios

alethios Member

When is the soonest Kuminga can be traded? Dec 15?

19. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Yes, I would want a Kuminga and Wiseman, they do not care about Wiseman but they have high hopes for Kuminga. Wood or Gordon would help them to get out of the West but they need to trade off their future for this trade,

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I think the list is going to be small that has significant interest and has players/picks Houston will want that they are willing to part.

Ramo$e likes this.