1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall informs the Rockets he wants to return to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H. Christopher, Nov 27, 2021.

1. hakeemthagreat

Has Sengun had a triple double yet?

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

If triple doubles all you care about, we should’ve jsut kept Russ over Wall

3. a time to chill

4. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I was on board with letting him play until we went ham on charlotte. Now I want the other noobs getting their time.

hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Let him suit up! So he can bench warm proper.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Wall would block minutes from Christopher, too. Though thats exactly what G League is for.

I'd bring back Wall straight up to have Green off the bench. Despite Green's recent flashes, he's just not ready, let him go against 2nd teamers. If Wall could go next game, would be perfect way to save face with Green. Not going to happen but its what I'd do

Ramo$e and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

let wall start for the vipers

Ramo$e, ThatBoyNick and Corrosion like this.
  8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Wall would be perfect off the bench if his giant ego would accept it. He brings more explosiveness, defense and playmaking than Armstrong, that would compliment the 2nd team. Would also be fun to see Sengun hit him on cuts to the basket.

This would also give him a chance to showcase his ability to play in a role different than he is use to. With Green out this is the perfect time to work him in the rotation. C'mon John be a good teammate and check your ego at home.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS and let him take his best buddy coach silas with him down the valley.... so Silas can (im)prove hes a good coach

BigShasta, fattz and pippendagimp like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you guys are SAVAGES

BigShasta, fattz and Ramo$e like this.
  11. hakeemthagreat

He literally was the best player last year, and the reason we won the few games we won. How quickly ppl forget

No Worries and hakeem94 like this.
  12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea but I think is best if he comes off the bench instead of starting and plays like 10-15 mins
    :)
    That way he doesn’t take minutes away from our young guys so they can develop, he gets to play some minutes and he can sit on the bench and motivate and mentor those young guys.

Win win for everyone

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Stone should tell him to go kick rocks.

There is no place on this roster for him - aside from being salary ballast to be above the minimum salary.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Last I checked, the GM and coach decides the minutes. The entitlement is a turn off. When the team was on that long L-streak, People (including myself), wonder if playing Wall might be the answer, but now that team has started to improve, I'm with Stone on keeping Wall on the bench. We featured him enough last year; there were no takers.

In that ESPN article, it says 'featured role', doesn't sound like he wants to be complimentary. This is the opposite Ben Simmons problem. Wall is like Carmelo when he was here, already a role player, but the player himself hasn't accepted it yet. Everyone else: the org, the fans, all see it but him.

It takes guys like that, 2 or 3 teams before it finally sinks in. Ideally fans want to be that later team, who gets the low risk vet. In Melo's case, it's Blazers and Lakers. The problem is he's not a cheap vet.

Stone and the org has been very polite to him. We're paying him star money, I don't think Rockets owe him any more. If we call his number, then fine; but no minutes is owed to him.

Team archetypes
    * Young teams want to play their young guys. If it's a vet; it's more of a role player.
    * Contending teams, may accept a guy like Wall, but those contending team most likely don't have the cap room.

Klutch sports want the Rockets to feature him; so maybe Wall can audition and get another decent contract after us. Him taking that many shots and not be efficient is not good for the Rockets. If KPJ don't work out, I much rather give the minutes for Josh Christopher than Wall.

I've nothing against Wall personally, and I've no idea who Wall surrounds himself with (yes men) or otherwise. Knowing yourself and your situation goes a long way.

--
    hindsight 20/20, letting Wall traveling with the team and including him in the practice on paper is a good thing. Rockets was being inclusive, I probably would have done the same.

But now, reading into Wall's personality, it seems like it only makes him miss the game more. If decision to sit him for whole season is decided, might be better to not him be that close to the team. He can still use the facilities and amenities.

Like in a relationship, that Ex has shown to be a clingy Ex, it might be better to be further apart.

#154 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 28, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    BigShasta and beardsanity713 like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This isn’t player empowerment this is just downright dumb

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Just start Wall and let him play bench minutes maybe 15 to 20.

Coach can sub him out after the first 5 minutes every game.

He can take 10 minutes from Gordon and all of Augustin's 10 minutes.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

John Wall can kick rocks.

I don’t give a damn how the Rockets look to NBA peons.

KPJ and JG need time without 2 Centers playing, and it is absolutely absurd that I have to say that. Also, look around. A METRIC TON of posters in here have been wanting to go big for years. You simply can’t play that way in the NBA today. D’Antoni understood this simple fact.

Also, Silas, stop playing 11 guys! It isn’t the National Junior Basketball League!

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

I might be OK for DJ, but even then I'd prefer a no. DJ Augustin, takes less than 4 shots a game, can Wall do that? DJ is about league average in 3p%, but still better than Wall (31% threes last year) as a floor spacer. DJ also lets Sengun run point-center half the time when 2nd unit is on the court. I don't think Wall is down with that, if he wants to be 'featured'.

Gordon is arguably 2nd best player after Wood right now. Can drive, can space and can demonstrate trade value. I would only consider EGO's minutes, if after Rockets trades Eric. Even then, Josh Christopher, Armoni, should probably get those instead of Wall.

19. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

The tank commander (Tilman) has seen enough. Wall received his marching orders and is ready to brick at all costs (order 66)

[​IMG]

BigShasta and Bo6 like this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Rumors are saying he wants to start or sit. If that is the case, it should be sit.