1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Wood?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm for "selling high". Where and when is high enough? I'd like to see him play for awhile, blossom a bit, stuff the stats, boost that trade value....then maybe ship him...the EARLIEST being the deadline. He MIGHT be worth that big money one day, but we're just not the team that wants to live with the consequences of that contract. Plus, Wood's attitude out there speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned. Lots of risk, as well as the timeline issue.

weopeo9744, Stephen_A and aaquaa like this.
  2. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I'm sure the FO will be listening to all offers. No one on this team should be considered untouchable.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun is the future. Christian Wood seems to play best as a 5.

His days are numberer here. He is a good player but would be much better paired with better talent. I don't want to pay him max money when he doesn't appear to be a long term solution.

I personally rather keep building his value and sell high by the trading deadline. Maybe now that Silas got his head out of his ass and is playing C Wood as a 5, we may pick up more wins and I'll re-evaluate my opinion, but as of now, I rather sell high.

weopeo9744, aaquaa and juanming like this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

The time is now. Will he continue to get better, yes or maybe. The more time on his contract the higher his value is. The other team want to play him not pay him. We need maximum return on him so do it now.

juanming likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

No rush to move him by the deadline, but we should be open.

Patience likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is playing great and is a great finisher.

DD

jimmyv281 likes this.
  7. anchel

anchel Member

I sill want to see him next to Sengun. Sengun is like a point center offensively, eventually will also be a good shooter. A good playmaker, good passer, good shooter, good post up player, should be much more complementary to Wood than Theis. What you can't do then is also start Tate at SF, you gotta choose. We have time to wait and see if Tate, Sengun, Green, improve their shooting.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I want to see the same thing. Silas is a huge obstacle for this though. He refuses to play certain line ups.

Anyone have the numbers for when Alp and Wood player together this season. I know it's limited data but would like to see it.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Big rush, he's only got 1.5 years left on his deal, you need to trade him by the deadline of his value plummets to a 1-year rental

fattz, juanming, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Fair enough. I think paradoxically that you also limit your trade partners when you have to move him mid season.

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

If a team offers multiple FRP’s you should take it

12. jogo

jogo Member

What can we get? Two first rounders and he's gone? A good young prospect and a first? I wouldn't trade him for one first alone. You have to get salary to match and I don't want someone's trash just to get a few firsts.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I’d be open to using Wood as a sweetener to offload Wall

aaquaa likes this.
  14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I don't think you're forced to sell here. He has another season under contract, and you want to get the highest return possible. Most teams willing to part with FRPs will not be in the top-10, maybe not even in the top-20, so you'd want a collection (two and a swap I think) as well as a young prospect.

GSW would be a great target if they'd be willing to part with prospects for win-now talent. Kuminga, Wiseman and FRPs would be a solid return.

fattz, IvanLCPM and juanming like this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Should have moved him at the draft, but there is still time.

Davion Mitchell, Kuminga, Wiseman, future picks. Need to be looking at all scenarios.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NO first you fire silas, then and only then you trade wood, he just needs an appropriate coach who will make him play more like he has lately...

juanming likes this.
  17. juanming

juanming Member

Am I the only one that thinks it would be cool to pair up kuminga with green?

I mean my gut feeling no inside information ,if we do trade Christian it will be to GoldenState for kuminga he played with green on the ignite last year

I know kuminga is a poor shooter but man he can do everything else

He's basically jaShaun Tate but seven years younger

fattz likes this.
  18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Such rubbish!!! The most terrible suggestion I have ever heard from a so called Rockets Fan.
    Wood is still our best player on the team! Yetti

Plowman and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

A great reply from you DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why not trade jalen green then?
    wood is a legit nba star player... jalen green may never be a more than corey brewer