1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green suffers left leg injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

There have been many instances throughout the season where Green was on the floor and there was only one big. It just didn't happen to start the game.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

FIFY.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Either would have been better then crooked Jalen

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You honestly believe I'm Green only fan? I know you're trolling because it's impossible to be that clueless. I took the bait so well played I guess

5. King1

I agree with that. He was definitely overlooked. I still don't think anything of Mobley and admittedly am disappointed in Green. I'm admittedly hoping for Vince Carter out of this point. I think that's optimistic. I'll stick with my Mobley-Camby comparison

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly? Yes.

Otherwise it's weird to have such an emotional connection to the worst player on the team. Any criticism no matter how valid, no matter how slight, is seen as if it was an insult to your mother

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  7. King1

Well then this conversation is absolutely pointless. You obviously can't read considering I've said how terrible he's been. I think it's more fair based on posting (that is easily searchable) you're in that position with Mobley. Show me my praise of Green beyond preseason and a few decent flashes. When you can't I'll accept your concession of defeat . Good luck with that failed search

To add, you won't find a single other poster that would even label me a Green fan so far let alone your assessment. On Mobley everybody sees it with you. Be more self aware

harold bingo likes this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

Here is the “Silver Lining”. A lot of the NBA is mentally taxing in addition to the physical. Green has a an opportunity to understand the game without any consequence. Michael Jordan said on many occasions him being injured at the beginning of his career helped him more than anything he ever did in the gym. I hope he and Lucas or Weaver become best friends. Maybe he will grow in different ways because his perspective will change as he learns the “why” vs the “how”.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that you bring up Mobley is just weird. Like I said, projection. Mobley isn't a Rocket, I don't care what he's doing.

In the draft, I wanted the Rockets to not waste the #2 overall pick, so I wanted them to draft someone good, instead they drafted Green. Since then, my concern has been Green being the worst player on the team and arguably the worst player in the league.

The fact that I point that out leads to Green's fanbois throwing temper tantrums and talking about Mobley as if a player on a different team is relevant. It's weird.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  10. King1

But I'm not a Green "fanboi" so how is that relevant. Not even leading up to the draft. Now, you have a multitude of posts tied to Mobley. Now you're just trying to get out of the way of them with is disingenuous.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, "posts tied to Mobley"....sure kid, in the leadup to the draft. Pointing out that the Rockets blew the pick has nothing to do with Mobley, there were several players they could have taken that were better than Green....hell, they ended up taking one later in the first.

bmelo likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Im still mad they lied about height…. There is a big diff between 6’6 lanky sg with top athleticism and barely a 6’4 one. I wouldnt pick him knowing he is just small

13. King1

There's no point in having a conversation with you. I'm done. Enjoy making up something about getting the last word and bragging about it..kid

14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah man this really bugs me too. This isn't the WWE, we should have definitive official measurements for every single player.

bmelo likes this.
  15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You are relying to a post that said Green hasn’t been a very good player. I’m not debating that and it wasn’t my point. As to the strawman bit, I didn’t make that up unfortunately.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

How can you write Green off as blowing the pick 19 games in? He is 19. He has room to grow/fill out. He has elite physical attributes. He seems to be a decent person.

He has been bad but all of the above is true.

King1 likes this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Anyone that insinuates that the rockets blew their pick 19 games in is a idiot.

jiggyfly, cmlmel77 and everyday eddie like this.
  18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

His height measurement is at 6'4 is without shoes, which isn't the standard many players are using at the moment. Kobe for example is 6'4 without shoes, and Harden closer to 6'3. The NBA does not have a standard measuring system enforced and many players go by height with shoes whereas some go by height without shoes.

Also he is 19 years old, so there are decent odds he'll grow a bit more before he is done.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

There is a particular poster that has psychosis of grandeur that exhibited within the D&D section of this message board for years. I believe was kicked out of the area because I believe making fun of another poster's child that has autism.

So now Rockets fans (which of course is the point of this message board) get to witness the fascination the poster has with arguing with anyone that has a different opinion as him, all the while insulting others' intelligence with derogatory remarks.

It is fascinating actually.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

boobythegreat calling any posters that calls him out for his intense green hatred fanboys. M3anwhile joins the rest of dem oblivious haters that celebrates an injury to a 19 year old player on our team. Quite disgusting behavior.

I dont even think the green fanboys are as obnoxious as the mobley folks