1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall informs the Rockets he wants to return to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H. Christopher, Nov 27, 2021.

1. H. Christopher

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

There was no way this could last the entire season. I was surprised Stone went this route unless he felt confident he would trade him by February.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

no trade was imminent, and I can’t see a player just willfully sitting out a whole season when healthy minus the pseudo-intellectuals with their 3rd eye open like Kyrie

jiggyfly, bmelo, tmoney1101 and 6 others like this.
  5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Would love to see him come back! There certainly is room on a 2-16 team for a former all-pro point guard.

ak99999 likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think the Rockets want him to take a bunch less money, and may like play him deep off the bench, to keep him frustrated, so that he takes a massive paycut.

I mean what do they have to talk about? He is on the active roster, just play him......unless there are hard things to discuss.

DD

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Wall+Theiss= Banchero

[​IMG]

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and people asked me to retire this gif?!
    [​IMG]
    its juts not possible with the news like these

Joe Rocket and juanm34 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if he comes back i am boycotting rockets games... stone better not give up and let johnny the ballhog further keep destroying this franchise... may he rot forever in basketball hell

juanming and juanm34 like this.
  10. Sengun

Sengun Member

Unlike most, I don't like KPJ's game and I don't see him as part of the Rockets' future. That's why it will be fun to watch the Wall and Sengun duo.

red5rocket, Rashmon and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Given he will make us worse, I say go for it. But it will take away from some much-needed development.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why you need banchero when we already have jalen green and hes no good

tanking doesnt work, losing just leads to more losing...se 76ers... minny etc

13. opticon

opticon Member

I think Wall had some nagging injuries starting the season which is why they agreed for him to "Not Play". In that BTS workout video with him and Green, he said he was only at 70%. We have lost enough games now that we are still 2 losses behind the other bottom feeders in the league. Wall playing well and helping us get a few wins is good for the morale of the team and for John Wall's post Rocket career.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

Who is Woj's soure? Did Klutch Sport / Wall leaked or someone under in the front office gave the tip.

FO is a faucet, don't want it to be leaky, unless a controlled drip. Maybe Stone's camp tipped Woj off to prepare fans mentally. Let Silas have the option of using Wall as a PG so KPJ can be a 6th man / scoring wing. And show Wall's value for trade suitors.

#14 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    wlekfjv923n likes this.
  15. Mattician

Mattician Member

All he really needs to do is facilitate. I'm okay with that.

16. vator

vator Contributing Member

I wanted to see Wall with Green and KPJ now that I’m leaning to the idea that KPJ as a PG is not his best position nor the best way to actually maximize his potential. Gordon, KPJ, Green looked solid in the Bulls game. KPJ can still facilitate at times, but it doesn’t have to be his primary responsibility. Just play free and loose.

I’d love to see him back. He was arguably the most impactful player on the team last year in regards to wins and losses. I don’t want to jeopardize our top 5 pick status though. Hopefully he’s just good enough to make us more competitive, but not actually good enough to translate to too many more wins, similarly to last season.

17. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

We need a pg I hope he plays tonight

18. a time to chill

Tanking is overrated. Play John Wall until you can find a suitable trade. Let KPJ come off the bench or play him at shooting guard while Green is recovering his hamstring.

19. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

He needs to play and stay healthy. It's the only way to have a chance to increase trade interest. I wasn't for this sitting out stuff. If he gets hurt they can just buy him out.

Westbrick the dumbest trade ever to appease entitled Harden just keeps giving. I was a huge Morey fan but CP for crap Westbrick trade screwed the Rockets.

ak99999, coachbadlee and Htown Stros like this.
  20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah - as if he's going to do that!
    He will be out to show teams that he still "got some fuel left in the tank" (ironic phrase considering last year).

Full credit to Stone for trying to have him sit out the year and somehow have Wall think he could be moved. It would seem everyone has figured out he isn't moveable now, sooo, oh well.

JayGoogle, Nook and D-rock like this.