1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Christopher and Garuba in the G-League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Nov 25, 2021.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Only 13 minutes for Garuba? That seems suboptimal.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Christopher and Kabengele just dominated. Fun to watch.

hakeem94, Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

DId Garuba get hurt?

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Josh finished with 29 points and 6 boards in 30 minutes. Shot 50%, 2-5 from downtown, 2 assists and 3 turnovers. Don't know what happened to Garuba. Saw just the last few minutes, thanks to @heypartner's heads-up. He played 13 minutes, grabbed 6 boards, 1-5 for 2 points.

D-rock, Bo6, gfab-babyboi and 3 others like this.
  5. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Send Jalen Green and Kevin Piorter Jr to G league for three months. Start John Wall and Eric Gordon.

fattz likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He got Kabengeled.

txtodd likes this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Don't know if been posted.

Shark44, D-rock, Ghost5Horse6 and 8 others like this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't watch much G-league but the refs in this game were better than any NBA game I have watched this season. Also vipers coach is super animated, calling out plays, and pointing people who are out of position on offense to their spots.

Other than the talent of the players not being NBA level it was refreshing to watch. If Vipers were stationed closer to me I would go to so many games.

If Sengun was on the Vipers I would watch them over Rockets basketball. Just imagine.

burlesk, hakeem94, Dobbizzle and 2 others like this.
  9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yeah Kabengele will crack a rotation on a bench somewhere in the NBA. He looked good. Sucks for him he isn't a few inches taller or people would be taking serious looks at him.

D-rock and coachbadlee like this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

I think he may have tweaked something. He had a noticeable limp at one point.

D-rock, xtruroyaltyx and DreamShook like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

D-rock and Dankstronaut like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

JC's handle looks tighter. He looks like he is really understand the pnr.

Bo6, Dankstronaut and hakeem94 like this.
  13. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yup almost at the end of the first after he scored the layup he was limping.

D-rock and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

An FYI - looks like the Vipers are playing the Austin Spurs at the HEB Center in Cedar Park, a suburb northwest of the city that’s relatively close in, at 5pm on Monday, January 17th, and again at that venue at 11am (yikes!) on Thursday, February 10th. The schedule isn’t very fan friendly if you work during the week. Rush hour (which starts around 3pm these days in Austin) on a Monday, and late morning at 11 on a Thursday.

Of course, many work from home with the pandemic. Austin has the highest percentage of vaccinated adults of all the big Texas cities, except for El Paso, so there is that. I’ll have to look into how the venue handles Covid. High risk here. Figures that the Spurs would have their G-League team play in Austin, although it looks like half their games are played in Edinburg in the Valley. The Rockets ought to see if they can finagle getting the Austin G-League franchise. Steal it from SA’s Spurs. ;-)

I agree. They’re fun to watch.

15. HeyBudLetsParty

JC has real upside, feel like they would give him minutes if they didn't already have 2 teenagers in the rotation. He’ll need to just tighten up his game but hoping we get to see him get minutes post trade deadline.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Why is there a limit on teenagers?

Denovo and DreamShook like this.
  17. HeyBudLetsParty

cause of their frail physical natures, I love Alp and Green but both need to get much stronger before they can reach their potential. I’d rather see Christopher too but unlikely before they trade Gordon

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Josh Christopher is a player. Just needs time. Makes one wonder how Rockets practices were going...

Corrosion, D-rock, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

im trying to figure this out too. I do think JC has looked better and better the more reps he gets as a pro though; he could have been bad in training camp as a PG. Summer league JC was all over the place on offense. The patience, change of speed, and floaters he is showing on these pnr is impressive and encouraging.

hakeem94, Corrosion, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

frail physical nature i wouldn't put in the same sentence with Sengun and JC.. JC is already pretty thick for a child.