1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

What would Daryl Morey do at this point?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingLeoric, Nov 26, 2021.

1. futilman

futilman Member

Would've kept Chris Paul and we'd still be top 4 in the West. Thanks for f*cking everything up, Tilman!

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this is the most accurate post here.

I don't get why people are mad that morey said he's leaving to spend time with family then agreed to work for the Sixers. sure, everyone knows he wasn't leaving to spend time with family. was he supposed to say he doesn't want to work for tilman anymore? should he have aired all the dirty laundry between gm and owner? should he have gone on ESPN and said I'm leaving because he backed china, cut costs, allowed his son to force a dumb trade that ruined our future? I doubt any owner in the league would've hired him after that. so he says im taking time to be with family. and somehow some rockets fans feel they caught him in a lie and are angered he did't want to work for the team anymore lol

would anyone want to work for an employer that gets in your way, impedes your from succeeding, and throws you under the bus? of course he wanted out. I would too. and if I ever wanted to get hired again I wouldn't site the boss as the reason I wanted out. I'd make up something like spending time with family.

futilman, xaos, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

trade away all our picks for the next 5 years?

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If it would've helped Houston in any way get rid of TIlman Fertitta sooner, yes, he had a moral obligation to air the laundry.

AroundTheWorld and tycoonchip like this.
  5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I don't think it would've. would've only torpedoed his employability. coming out and saying he's cutting costs and not making basketball decisions during harden's prime in the middle of the championship window, would've have forced the league to remove tilman. plus everyone already knew that's what was going on. everyone already knew tilman sided with china and threw morey under the bus. what was there to gain by him saying all of that? he could only scare off other owners.

fact is tilman ended up just under the LT every year even at the cost of important players, ariza, capela, etc.. pushing us further from the championship. harden realized it and wanted out, morey realized it and wanted out. I don't blame either for wanting out. tilman cleared out the front office and the coaching staff, opting for the cheapest replacements all around.

YOLO, napalm06, Monkeychef02 and 2 others like this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well he's employed now. 76ers definitely not firing him. Maybe Morey, Tad and James could have a live sit down in front of the Camera. "Houston Rockets, the untold story".

HP3 and harold bingo like this.
  7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Morey would have whiffed on the 4 first rounders we had back in June and we would really be screwed.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Would treat Jalen Green as an asset, while he's still valued as one around the league.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Won't be sponsored by Landry's lol

HP3 likes this.
  10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Real question: what would Carroll Dawson do?

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  11. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Morey was a fan of tanking. It was only Les that stopped that plan. So imo we would be doing what we are doing now.

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Morley would keep them Double Cheeseburgers coming!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

J.R. likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hmmm. Tough choice.

Contender with no picks.

Or the laughing stock of the NBA and high drafts pick with 10 win seasons?

Yeah your right Morey was a sucka MaH dRaFt PiCks

#33 Downtown Sniper, Nov 26, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sign Garrison Mathews to a massive contract and then try to bring in Pau Gasol and Dwayne Wade

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tweet about ping pong

16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Contender with no cap room and no assets no future and poor drafts during his tenure who just couldn’t beat the Warriors? With no solution, a murky future, a flawed basketball theory and no head coach resulting in the GM architect leaving the mess he created and bolting town? Is this the same Morey we are talking about or are you referring to someone else with the same surname? You used the possessive “your” incorrectly btw.

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

He would sharpen his daggers and start targeting people's backs. Back up plan would be finding nearest bus to throw people under.

Stephen_A likes this.
  18. xaos

xaos Member

Honestly Morey is probably a little jealous that the rockets are tanking and getting high lottery picks. I think deep down he always wanted to do that

dobro1229 likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He would have fired Silas already and promoted Bickerstaff as the head coach.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think Morey likes draft picks.