1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is a great day for Houston Rockets fans.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by juanming, Nov 25, 2021.

1. juanming

juanming Member

Hey what's up baby yes I called yall baby.. Happy Thanksgiving

Okay so last night the Rockets and the coaching was completely different than the previous 17 games

It is a great day because Silas and all the fans now know that playing theis(let alone starting him) results in a discombobulated offense and confusion , especially at the point guard position with Kevin Porter. No spacing and resulting in a loss

Also playing theis not only causes the worst offense in history it also prevents sengun from getting enough minutes

Now onto the elephant in the room Daniel house.. normally I would be upset that he's playing however after sleeping on it I realized that if he doesn't play then the coach goes "big" and plays theis instead.

No matter how much you guys hate Daniel house he's actually a better option than theis, simply because it means more minutes for sengun and more spacing for our guards

kind of funny how the last two or three weeks everybody was saying Kevin Porter is not a point guard and then last night theis doesn't play and Kevin Porter looks like an All-Star point guard immediately

Now going forward here's a problem we now have three centers. We now know using two centers at the same time causes problems. And we all want sengun to start. And we all know Christian Wood will not accept a backup role to sengun

So here's what we learned from last night

1. Daniel house is a better option than theis(although I still think Mathews or Martin is better than house but I digress)

2. Christian Wood needs to be traded no matter how much you like his contract in order for sengun to start and for there to be enough spacing for the guards

3. Garrison is a stud. Keeper

Amazing how one roster change in one game can change the whole complexity of the roster

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yall do know Silas just gave Theiss a day off right? He'll be back to his regularly scheduled 30 uneventful minutes next game

aaquaa, wlekfjv923n, juanm34 and 4 others like this.
  3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I think the main lesson is make a bunch of 3's and we win :D

aaquaa, PuzzledFan and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJr looked like an All-Star PG? LOL

if 5-13 shooting, 9 assists, and 6 turnovers is looking like an All-Star PG, then young Brandon Jennings must’ve been an all-time great

the way people get hyped on here is too much

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i mean... happy thanksgiving i guess

6. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

Can't do that without spacing. Our non-shooters need all the space.

One big lineups (Sengun, Theis, Wood) and keeping at least one shooter (Brooks, Mathews, Gordon) out there all the time should be the takeaway.

raining threes and groovemachine like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I smell a championship!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Silas even said in the post-game interview that going forward there would be no set starting line-up -- he's going to just change it based upon who we're playing. So... Green some benchtime? Theis some benchtime?

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He wants to be nice and give everyone some playing time but the reality is you can’t play everyone and you need to have a regular rotation in order to develop chemistry. It’s not going to work.

He should stick with 1 big and 4 positionless guys and refrain from playing anyone who can’t shoot 3 except Tate.

Corrosion, burlesk and harold bingo like this.
  11. vator

vator Contributing Member

This man got that gas. For real. Too bad I don’t do drugs or else I’d hit his inbox.

juanm34 likes this.
  12. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Yeah he pretty much lost me in this line too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

good points, I’m a huge proponent of running the offense thru the high post with a guy like Sengun. It’s an error not to be playing him 28-32 minutes. Theis can start but should be in the 15-20 minute range

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

juanm34 likes this.
  15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

So what do you do with the guy who's shooting 27% from 3 and averaging 31 minutes a game ?

raining threes likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it was A GOOD WRITING BUT i stopped reading here...i didnt think he looked like a star poing guard vs bulls NO WAY..... too hesitant to drive, soft when driving, not good finisher at the rim, NO RELIABLE MIDRANGE(?!).... i wont even mention he almost never looks for sengun...thats a discussion for another time

aaquaa, NewAge and raining threes like this.