1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about alt coins? V.1 [discussion]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Asian Sensation

I picked up a little bit of Wilder World after looking into it yesterday and I was doing some research on Sand last night with the hopes of it dipping and picking some up today. Nope. It’s up over 40% and I hate FOMOing normally but I don’t see this train stopping anytime soon. Picked up 25 just to have some and I’ll buy the dips if they happen.

https://coinjournal.net/news/sandbo...se-and-potential-partnership-with-adidas/amp/

ramotadab and Xerobull like this.
  2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

On @Xerobull recommendation I bought $1k of MANA about 10 days ago and I’m up over 70%. Wish I would have listened sooner and bought when it was under $1….

Going to hodl for a few years and see what happens.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is a strong metaverse token, which SAND has actually flipped in value and has 3x the token circulation of SAND (meaning SAND is probably a better value, but MANA is still strong). I would watch carefully as it's an emerging field and there may be companies that just kill MANA with better business as they come out. Still, it has name recognition and hype, so it's good for short-mid-term. Again, keep an eye on it! :)

ramotadab likes this.
  4. Xerobull

This is good, any Metaverse/Crypto Gaming is hot right now. As I said above, it's early days and the next wave might kill the early adopters but for now, these fields are gold, Jerry, gold.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yup. lol. College Bowl games named after dotcoms that eventually go bust, companies that promise all kinds of stuff down the road, but really haven't sold much of anything yet and are probably years away (if at all), buzzwords causing stocks and crypto to shoot vertical (it didn't take long for everything to be "metaverse-related"), FOMO, buy cheaper stocks/crypto because .... they're cheap (nevermind that if you spend $100 on something, you'll still have $100 of it whether it was $.01 or $1). The difference here is that even more retail is involved so the prices seem to be able to stay afloat longer because more people buy from other people repeatedly. There are still "forums" used to pump them just like back then. There are still institutional investors making a mint off of this whether they believe in it or not. There are still retail traders selling and buying at the wrong times. There are more rug-pulls and scams for sure nowadays because ... Internet. A lot of similarities, but I think a lot of good, useful, grounded tech is buried in the mess, too. Stay safe. :D

6. Xerobull

There was an online store called Value America that sent out $100 of $200 coupons, that essentially made everything on the site 50% off. I built a badass gaming computer for half price that way. In retrospect, I could have gotten filthy rich dropshipping items from that store or just buying the inventory at half price, shipping it by the pallet to a storage unit and flipping it for an additional %25 markup (which would have made me roughly 50% on my money).

Then there was Toys.com and Pets.com that went under, somehow. Amazon weathered the storm and is the biggest store on the planet now.

Good times!

Two Sandwiches and ramotadab like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That was like when Macy's (or Dillard's, I forget) always accidentally had stackable coupons and people were buying $400 leather jackets for under $100. That was a field day. I remember I bought enough crap to where my apartment management was asking me if I was running a business. I just said "nope... coupons... here, let me show ya." They thanked me afterwards. lol. Another store I can't even remember the name of, I ordered so much soap and shampoo, I had to figure out if soap and shampoo had a half-life because I didn't know if I would ever finish using it. I had about 200+ bars of soap at one point. My apartment always smelled Zestfully clean during that period. Come to think of it, that period had all kinds of great deals on computer equipment, too. On uBid.com I bought a $700+ enterprise router for under $100, I think, and a $3500 laptop for about $1400(?).

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol knew cro was gonna pump a while back but just watched. Should probably stfu since I didn’t do anything. Too many couldas in crypto

Two Sandwiches and ramotadab like this.
  9. Xerobull

@Asian Sensation watch this ASAP, take notes.

I bought a little opulous and thetan arena today based on what he said, and have notes to read up on several others.

#1189 Xerobull, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    ramotadab and Asian Sensation like this.
  10. Asian Sensation

Will watch it now thanks bro!

11. Xerobull

Black Friday sale!

ramotadab and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

I bought 3 helium miners back in May but then cancelled the orders a few months ago because they were not gonna be shipped until next year. I also signed up to be on the waitlist for the 5g Helium miner. My turn finally came and now I can order the miner for $2500. Should I go ahead and order it?
    Helium mining rewards are much less now since the Heilum halving back in August. But it is a great project and I really believe in it. Also it is one of the only cryptos coins that make sense to me.

13. Xerobull

You can always resell.

Check out Awair.

https://www.getawair.com/products/element

ramotadab likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Hope you guys got your deals!

ramotadab likes this.
  15. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

My order from a few months ago finally shipped. Excited to try this.

ramotadab and Invisible Fan like this.
  16. Xerobull

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This nft and gaming wave is too much newness for me to latch on.

In the meanwhile, Matic exploded while ada tanked. Should probably harvest some gains but not sure when people start selling off for new years....

ramotadab likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

These must be Cyber Weekend sales going on for the last 3 or 4 hours... lol. :D

Xerobull likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Typical weekend bloodbath

20. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

How big of an issue is this for the US crypto exchanges?

Cryptocurrency: Most trades may be people buying from themselves | New Scientist
    An analysis has found that wash trading, a form of market manipulation, is rife on unregulated crypto exchanges

As many as seven in 10 cryptocurrency trades on the world’s most popular but unregulated exchanges may be people buying from themselves to artificially inflate prices, according to a new analysis.

A study of 29 cryptocurrency exchanges, where people buy and sell the virtual currencies, undertaken between July and November 2019 has found significant volumes of “wash trading” within cryptocurrencies. Wash trading is where an investor sells and buys the same asset to create artificial interest in an investment, often distorting …

ramotadab likes this.