1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall tweets about his current situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 22, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rimbaud, I am not even sure what the point was because we were clearly talking about the Houston version of Wall and his arrangement to sit out games.

But if people want to separately discuss his entire career, okay, it was just me saying he did not live up to the hype and status of the Number 1.

You are definitely right that the Number 1 draft pick has lost its shine. There have been too many disappointments.

Too much of a crapshoot.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You currently have 706 posts less than 24 hours later. That's 14 posts in a day. @YOLO has 36,682 posts as of right now. At your current day rate, you'll catch YOLO in 2,569 days. That would be on December 5th of 2028. That's only 7 years from now. Yolo has been on here for 9 years. You actually post more than he does. Does that make you a clutchfans weirdo like myself, @Deckard , YOLO, @Monkeychef02 and whomever else you've decided to go full intoweb tilt with?

Maybe by that time in 2028 I'll know who you are? Weird on, weirdo! Looking forward to the day when things click for you and you finally figure out that this is a community, not some vacation spot on the internet where anger goes to find a fight.

Dopamine, Easy, Deckard and 4 others like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

kubli9, Monkeychef02 and YOLO like this.
  4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The post I quoted was talking about what Wizards fans would say about his career. Sorry I am an idiot.

5. don grahamleone

You're not an idiot, you're just a senile old fart 99er' with dementia. You might have returned to wearing diapers as well, but that doesn't make you an idiot. Just a diaper wearing old fart 99er' with dementia... and there's a pretty good chance you can't find your glasses.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Imagine trying to gatekeep others' opinions. I guess if you find joy in that, more power to you.

DC needed a LeBron type? Uh, hello? Every team needed a LeBron type. Not sure why you're comparing Wall to LeBron. Not all 1st overall picks are built the same, and LeBron is a generational talent. If we're to compare every 1st overall pick to LeBron, most of them wouldn't measure up. In Wall's particular draft, Paul George is the only player, today, that can argue that he should have been taken first overall. Looking back, it was a pretty weak draft.

But even Paul George, in his Indy days where the Pacers almost took out LeBron's Heat, PG had peak Hibbert (actually decent) and a solid team. It wasn't like George was out there with a bunch of scrubs.

Obviously if you poll the fans of a team, they'll be way harsher on that player than a person on the outside looking in. In general, I think people like Cade Cunningham. Ask a "die hard" Pistons fan, and they'll be wondering why he hasn't secured RotY yet.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was you that wasn't content with my comment which was not even my point.

This is not a One way street, and I reckon that you can have your own opinion about what a No 1 should look like and what not.

I was talking about Wall and him sitting out, and that he has left a lot to desire for, that was all. Including his career.

This is again not even the main talking point, the point was to talk about what to do with him.

We want him either gone or playing.
    By using words like gatekeeping, you show that you are more willing to complicate matters than solving. (Deliberately mincing words to your favor)

#167 daywalker02, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No.

theDude likes this.
  10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think people forget that he is holding the Rockets hostage, not the other way around. I am confident that if he were to go ahead and agree to decline his option, the Rockets could have him on another team in a week.

At some point next year, if he is still on the team, it will only make sense to buy him out. If the Rockets do so before that time, they are fools and deserve to flounder at the bottom of the league.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

No it’s mutual.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't blame Wall for HONORING his contract - the man should not have to give up on money owed to him, that was negotiated openly.

The Rockets are playing dirty, he is clearly the BEST player on the team and we are sitting him to try to force him to take less money.

DD

#172 DaDakota, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    amaru, vator, Victorious and 5 others like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would say so, but only because he insulted my "Mum," who passed away years ago. Definitely ignore worthy.

Dopamine likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[Wall] has to know: A trade isn’t coming. Teams are interested in Wall but only if he declines his $47 million player option for next season (he won’t) or wriggles free via buyout in this one (he isn’t). Wall looked remarkably good in returning from a two-year layoff last season. His All-Star days are over, but there’s no reason why Wall, at 31, can’t regain a place among the upper half of NBA playmakers.

Wall wants to play for a contender. I get that. But he has played 113 games since the 2017–18 season. The clock is ticking on the prime years of his career. The best way, perhaps the only way to catch the attention of a contender is to get back on the floor and show that the player who emerged as one of the NBA’s top point guards in Washington is still in him. And maybe make the Rockets respectable along the way.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Easy to say. Hard to do. Just another casual fan spouting BS.

16. a time to chill

John Wall should play if no team is willing to trade for him. KPJ can come off the bench at the PG position. The Rocket's main goal should be to get something back for him in terms of draft capital. You gotta showcase him to get teams interested.

RoadWarrior likes this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Wow, you REALLY don't understand math. Let me help you. This is my 715th post, I've been here 297 days. That's an average of around 2.4 posts a day. In 7 years from now if I carry on at this rate, I'll hit 6,857 posts. Imagine trying to use a single day as a reflection on somebody's posting habits. If you went to college, I'd ask for a refund haha.

18. VoR

VoR Member

Teams want him. They just want him with 1/3 of his salary shaved off this year.

19. don grahamleone

I did go to college, but have you been to let's say... high school? I took calculus, calculus II, differential equations, statistics, matrices & matrix, and teaching math at my university. I won't sit here and say I pwn'd college math, I didn't, but the math I used to show the results of your current posting rate was a basic freshmen level mathematics course from high school called "Algebra".

It was really simple if you don't mind me showing the equation I used:

706 + 14x = 36,682

14 is your daily post rate that I used because it was your current rate at that sampled part of time just as I stated. I simply solved for x and interpolated the results onto a calendar. I'm sorry if it was confusing. If I missed high school and went straight to employment at that age, I would have trouble understanding as well. So because of that possibility, I will try my best not to judge you. I tutored math all through high school and if you decided to go back to get your high school diploma, I would be happy to tutor you over zoom. We can talk about fees if you stay interested in math! I love excited children and students so please don't lose your enthusiasm for the subject! Also, I'd hate for you to make more uniformed jokes about something you are so clearly uneducated about. I'm happy to help people when I can.

Today you have 742 posts and that's within a duration less than 24 hours once again. Your new per day post rate is 742 less 706. What is your new per day post rate? Is that an increased rate, decreased rate or did you maintain your daily rate? (I don't want to insult you, but I'd like to assess your math skill level before I start tutoring if you should choose that route.)

I hope you can understand that your net post rate is not very indicative of your future daily post rate. I'm sorry if my sampling irritates you, but I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of posters on here start slow and increase their post rate as they go. You have an excellent rate! You are up there with the top of the class! Our top poster here has over 111,000 posts! He's been on here since 1999 and his post rate is approximately 13.97! You were higher than that yesterday, but today you're significantly higher than that! Congratulations, Dobbizzle! You're the Dobbizzliest poster on clutchfans in the past two days! Keep it up! Maybe if you post enough we can make this forum about you rather than the Rockets! People will love that!

If I were your teacher I would in red, circle the word I used, "current". Then I'd put an "x" next to the work you showed. I'm sorry to fail you on a one question quiz, but you did get a 0/1 and that's 0%. Luckily it's just a pop quiz. You'll do better next time with my help! Weird on, weirdo!

#179 don grahamleone, Nov 25, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wall should come back.

Green is out.

Who cares if he takes minutes from DJ Augustine

napalm06 likes this.