1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be the better player in 5 years Sengun or Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 23, 2021.

?

Who will be better in 5 years?

1. Green

47.6%
  2. Sengun

52.4%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ah yes, those that criticize others, then run like cowards when confronted claiming they are the victim.

If you can't stand the heat, get the HELL out of the kitchen chump!

DD

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This right here!

hakeem94 and harold bingo like this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Please stop making up narratives no one is scared of you, no one ****ing cares. Get over yourself. you sound crazy as ****. Is this really how you post? you dont like what I said about Jalen so now your ****ing harassing me because I dare say something good about Jalen Green? Why are you so obsessed? Its weird. Im just gonna ignore you.

#103 Joe Rocket, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    Dobbizzle likes this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Cure for cancer? Trade house!

DeBeards and tycoonchip like this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sengun will be the better player in 5 years, he came to the NBA to ball... That's it, that's all Sengun wants to do... He does not care its the NBA, he does not care about Cade or Mobley... He does not care for being famous or looking good.... He comes in to games and just does the little things stars don't usually want to do. He is almost in his own world when on the court...

6. DaDakota

No I am calling out your little b**** ass for running around making up excuses about his poor play, and how you troll anyone that has any criticism about your favorite player and whine about it like nobodies business.

No one HATES Jalen Green, but it is OK to say he is not that good and he has **** to work on, you don't need to run to his defense like you are white knighting him.

And FFS stop making excuses - Ja Morant didn't need them as a number 2 pick - why are you excusing his terrible shooting and PUTRID defense?

The Rockets are literally BETTER with him not playing - it doesn't mean it will always be that way, it doesn't mean that he is a finished product, but lordy how many houses Green could build with all those bricks......

He should be called ACME GREEN right now........he is not close to a finished product.....but, and listen closely kid - we are all CHEERING for him, but some of us would like him to EARN it...rather than have to watch him run around like a clueless chicken on half the court.

And you can't ignore me, I live RENT FREE in your head.

DD

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Batman and Superman.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Bravo, DD

GotGame15 likes this.
  9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

DD with the verbal keypad assault... lol I love it though I 100% disagree with it ...

conquistador#11 and DaDakota like this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LOL

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The whataboutisms from the Anti Green think tank are just too funny. Watching a "celebrated" member go completely batshit crazy has completed the civil war here. Irate because people like to look at positives and keep things even keel. SMH.

It will never get better. Underhanded compliments and trashing rookies is how fanbases become irrelevant. We are well on our way.

DeBeards and Joe Rocket like this.
  12. DaDakota

It is not so much about Green as calling one particular love monkey out for his trolling.

DD

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Sengun has a higher ceiling and higher floor. The best players in the league are all savants with extremely high basketball iq. Athleticism is dime a dozen, I thought we learned that already with Slowmile Swift, apparently the young kids on this board haven't yet.

Sengun is already one of the best rookies in the league and hes the 4th youngest player in the entire league. Primo, Kuminga and Giddey are the only players younger. One of those guys is also very good. One doesn't play at all. One barely plays and may have a fake age. The only thing Sengun needs to do is stay on his current trajectory and get older, wiser. (And maybe another coach)

It's crazy to me to hear people say Green just needs to get stronger, after all that we have seen is that really his biggest issue to reach greatness? Maybe getting stronger is all he needs to get to a average player level (which would be a massive flop for #2 pick) but to reach his "upside", his biggest weakness is - learning how to play basketball. His lack of feel for the game, iq, awareness offensively and defensively. It's glaring. Also there is no guarantee how much weight he can put on that tiny dainty frame of his.

GotGame15 likes this.
  14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think Green will be better. Green will be a Lil Kobe and Sengun will be Lil Joker....great future. We just need Holmgren or Pablo to finish the REBUILDING. We will have three STARS: Green, Sengun and Holmgren or Pablo. Honestly, Porter is not part of the future and maybe not Wood....maybe

DeBeards, cmoak1982 and Joe Rocket like this.
  15. CXbby

CXbby Member

The chances of Green becoming anything close to Kobe is a fat 0.00%. Let's just nip that one in the bud. The only people delusional enough to ever believe that was...himself, and the fans that got conned into it.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I think KPJ can be a solid role player we just need to take him off the pg role. I could be wrong though I hope he comes back and is an excellent point guard. It just seems doubtful and like we're doing more harm than good.

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Let me remind you people what Green's comp was prior to the draft - Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant.

LMFAO. The greatest con never told.

Hopefully he can be as good as Jordan Clarkson and stay in the league in 5 years.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The biggest issues the fanbase has currently are "player only" fans, incompetent coaches benching the good players while overplaying the worst players on the roster for non-basketball reasons, and the GM wasting the #2 overall pick.

They can make up for a lot of that with rotation changes and by picking a competent player with the next top 4 pick they get next off-season. The "player only fan" cancer will die out eventually as those players fade away.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ is still the most likely young guard to be a core piece of the team going forward. Right now the guard spots are absolutely pathetic, Eric Gordon is the most competent guard we have and he's likely gone at the trade deadline.

If KPJ can cut down on turnovers, and work on chemistry with Sengun, they could be 2 of our top players....hopefully along with whoever they pick in the top 4 of the draft next off-season.....a few years from now.

A solid 2 way combo guard and an amazing point center is the start of a decent core. I think KJM could also be a major part of that core going forward.

Brooks could also end up being a decent complimentary guard to KPJ going forward since he helps space the floor by being a competent shooter. He doesn't play any defense, so it's not optimal, but he's not as bad defensively as some other options.

20. DaDakota

Green's biggest problem is not his size, it is his lack of SKILL.

He is a poor shooter, he is a poor defender, he doesn't know how to play off the ball - it looks like he has just gotten by with elite athleticism all his life, and now for the first time he is facing guys of like athleticism and it is simply a **** show of poor play.

What Green needs is not size, Green needs to work on his skills, his understanding of the game, his work ethic of movement to understand where he needs to be on both offense and defense at each moment. His skills are lacking, and he needs a TON of time to work on it.

1. His handles are mediocre - needs work
    2. His passing is mediocre - needs work
    3. His defense is putrid - Needs MASSIVE work
    4. His BBall IQ is avergage - needs work

It is impressive that he got to the number 2 pick being this bad with his skills being so poor. He needs to get in the gym and work - on everything......

Most of the players people are comparing him too at a young age had much better overall Skill - Kobe, Beal.....only Levine is someone that grew from the same lack of skill position that I can think of.....

DD