1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall tweets about his current situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 22, 2021.

1. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

After KPJ injury it was clear to me he needed to play in these couple of games
    Having an actual veteran point guard (even as flawed as he is) it would be a new test for this team.
    Specially to think about future trade moves and what kind of pieces you should focus

2. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

By the eye test, team plays better offensively when DJ freaking Augustin is playing. Even if stats lie, at least its is more fun to the eye.

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah I'm really not a gambler, especially for something as idiotic as "tip jar" bets on a forum. Again, you're missing the ****ing point. It's not about gutting the roster because of space, how the **** else do you match $47m in salary? You either trade 5-6 of your scrubs, or your good players. Do you think you can just make up salary out of nothing or are you just that bad at math?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean tip jar isn't idiotic since it directly benefits Clutch and his website that you just happen to join. Supporting it is always ideal. And the tip jar is there for a reason

you seem to be pretty up in arms about this. It's pretty simple. He's going to get traded at some point before next season. Don't think so? then don't. The tip jar bet is on the table

Monkeychef02 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not really then insurance covers his pay.

I figured this would happen, no way he sits a whole year without blowing a gasket.

stone has to know it as well and is hoping he can negotiate a buyout.

DD

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Let Wall play a bit before the trade deadline to show his health and game. This might help find a trade. However, just say "no" to giving up too much to do so.

7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Let me illustrate how wrong you are by showing the maths if it were to happen this year with say the Heat as they have interest in him as a player. In order to match Wall's salary, the Heat would need to give us back approx 40 million. This is how they could get there:

Butler + Herro
    Bam + Robinson
    Lowry + Robinson + Okpala
    Robinson + Herro + Tucker + Okpala + Martin + Strus + Oladipo + Haslam

Basically, unless they include one of either Butler, Lowry or Bam, they'd have to give us basically the entire rest of their roster for us to trade Wall to them. So again, show me one ACTUAL trade proposal for Wall's $47m contract for any team in the league that you consider likely? I'll wait.

subtomic likes this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

God lets hope we dont have him after trade deadline.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

this doesn't have anything to do with the post. still no tipjar bet that you seem so sure that wall won't get traded? ok. cool. ill just be sure to re-bump when he does get traded though. I definitely don't miss out on these things

10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Again, not going to make a bet for a tip jar on a random internet forum. What the **** do I care about benefitting a website? It's a forum in 2021, if it dies (like pretty much 95% of all internet forums did a decade ago) then I'm sure I'll survive. I don't live here like some of y'all.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So basically, you have no argument so you're using a straw man of a tip jar? Cool, glad you admit you're an idiot and dead wrong. Imagine trying to use a straw man like a 6 year old kid and thinking you won an argument.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

you continue to post on it. that's why you should care lmao. you definitely seem like you do live here especially lately

don grahamleone and Monkeychef02 like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

basically you post but don't really want to backup what you post. argument? lol im laughing. You're arguing with yourself. I just know wall will be traded at some point. i don't need to argue that because it's true

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I have 692 posts, you're the one in the 30k range you absolute weirdo.

Rockets4Life13 and Joe Rocket like this.
  15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I did back it up, with hard numbers You ran away from the argument like a b**** with a straw man about tip jars. What a lil b**** you are.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah. bc cf's has been around for a long time. someone who freeloads a few months ago obviously doesn't know that. but you seem to want to catch up with how much you post since

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

you did back up. you backed right out of a simple tip jar bet. brokey. that's how i always know if folks just spew random stuff on the net, when they hide from the tipjar. it's ok. you're not the first and won't be the last.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

During this Losing Streak Only Jaesean Tate has Increased his Trade Value the Most.

I know he is fan favorite but why not trade Jaesean Tate to the Warriors for Johnathan Kuminga.

The Warriors Announcers Love Jaesean Tate.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would be great but I think GS has a plan with Kuminga and if I am right he could be more valuable than Wiseman if he can defend from 2-5.

I doubt they are dumb enough for that.....plus he could be a 15 ppg scorer.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

too many players from one draft class