1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So it wasn’t every other post. All it takes is a simple search and you can find it. I’d say that’s everywhere

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever you say man. This is a stupid conversation. If you can’t see that it was a common theme then just keep on shielding your eyes. The fact that Green himself made a comparison to Kobe should mean it’s “everywhere” enough

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Why anyone responds to Bobbythegeek is beyond me. I would say it sounds like Jalen Green ****ed his girl but that would require him having one(which we know has about the same odds of winning the lottery)

4. dmoneybangbang

Were the mock drafts putting Kobe/MJ comparisons? No.

I guess we have different views on what constitutes “everywhere” and “common themes” when Beal and Lavine were the everywhere comparisons.

#384 dmoneybangbang, Nov 19, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. alethios

alethios Member

And Mobley fanbois have the patience of a 5 yr old.

i3artow i3aller and King1 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am sure they did that on a numbers of SGs in the past.

There's only one Jordan and one Kobe.

Jordan upped it a couple levels with Detroit seriously roughening him up, his dad being shot, numbers of challenges.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's great, he aspires to be Kobe or MJ (both of whom were famous for their work ethic as much or even more so than their prodigious gifts)

I mean, what would one expect him to say - I aspire to be ALLEN IVERSON in practice and RYAN BOWEN in games and JAMES HARDEN at the club in my free time?

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

I guess I can separate what a player thinks of himself compared to what actual scouts think….

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't know about that, I don't know any.

Either way, preaching patience is probably the best way of attempting to defend the 2nd worst player in the NBA. Perhaps one day he'll become the 5th worst player in the NBA if he improves enough.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In the first 20 games last year Anthony Edwards had worse numbers than Green did, many people rushed to conclusions to call him a bust.

I know that you yourself have no issues making a fool out of yourself and leaving a history of posts which are wrong and can be easily pulled up in 3-4 years to laugh at you, but remember that we are trying to do you a favor by saving you from future embarrassment.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Listen, I think you know I've agreed with most of your criticisms of Jaylen Green. But this is a dumb take. And it's been a dumb take on KPJ all year long too. It's a lot easier to get assists when you have competent team mates. Our team is objectively awful. He ain't passing it to Steph Curry and Klay Thompson out there. Some allowances must be made for the quality of team mates. And I suspect the Rockets track "good passes" because no player can control if their team mates execute once the ball has been passed.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Edwards is also weighing 220-225 pounds early on (good for an SG) while Green his typical 180.

Edwards can body up.

Different body types at SG.

I think Towns is by far better than Wood and Towns can win them some games by himself, obviously not many.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

14. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Not sure who said it but someone mentioned they rather play House over Green? Come on man, lets not do that.

At this stage we have seen flashes from Green that I like. I think the two areas we need monitor going forward is his strength and his aggressiveness. Andrew Wiggins had all of the talent in the world but his lack of aggression really hurt him from being THAT GUY. I think Green wants to be that guy but trying not to step on a few toes.

15. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

I mean you are known for bad takes as usual, but I'm curious as to what makes you say Green is not a killer. He was clutch against the Lakers and towards the end of the last game, Green took matters in his own hands. Drew 4 fouls and had a nice finish in the paint.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I actually like the fight I see in him at end of games. I do think he gets a little disheartened when his shot isn’t falling too though

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is precisely the ugly part of drafting.

People go at each other because one side is right, one side is wrong, and some did not take part.

As far as I can tell, DD has been a decent entertainer. Entertainment is the word.

You have to take the good with the bad, also from posters of all types.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The team is made objectively worse due to Jalen Green being on the court.....and we're going to sit here and hear Jalen Green fans whine about the other players? Doesn't make sense.

If he wasn't literally the worst player on the roster, I'd have more sympathy, but I'm not out counting KPJ's "almost assists", or Sengun's, or anyone else's....either you got them or you didn't. When you have to go to that extreme extent to make excuses for players, you need to take a step back and ask yourself if you really should be doing that.

19. NewAge

NewAge Member

there is no fight whatsoever on defense, fighting through screens, finishing, boxing out. guy is soft as tissue paper. Slender frame is no excuse: there are slender guys who are dogs: Morant, Iverson, etc. I see no fight in this kid, with exception of several nasty dunks here and there.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Until he rapes a teenaged hotel worker in Colorado we won't know this for sure.