1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nonsense, Jalen Green's -30 net team ratings while he's on the court is absolutely killer. No team could survive a player that detrimental getting those kind of minutes.

GotGame15 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

To the first point, I didn’t originally say people were claiming he was the next Jordan. I said people were making comparisons. Which they are. And in some cases people are saying he’s the next Jordan.

To the last point, you do not know why people were comparing them. You might think it’s because of “work ethic”. But when you start talking about size, athleticism, build and other physical traits along with mentality. That’s a lot more than “work ethic”

3. dmoneybangbang

It’s 9 pages.

Jalen Green is comparing himself to Kobe…. Maybe you should actually read the interview.

4. xaos

xaos Member

Jalen Green set the expectation... anything us clutchfans members say before the draft doesn't carry much weight -- whether you thought he'd be a scrub or the next Jordan. His standard (which is really high) is how I believe he should be criticized. If he said on draft night "I'm young and my body has a lot of strength to add before I can become the player that I believe I can be" I think there would be less negative criticism. Personally, I like that he wants to be compared to Kobe and wants to be great. He already has Tesla type speed, has a nice pick and roll game, is aware of his weaknesses, and has a lot of the ingredients that it takes to be great. It's up to him to put it all together.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

6. dmoneybangbang

I guess I feel like all of this is being used to denigrate Green because he has been disappointing so far.

Going to have to agree to disagree.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t care about his interview. I don’t even know why you’re bringing that up. Posters here, on Reddit, YouTube and scouts have compared Green to MJ and Kobe. This is fact, end of discussion.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not trying to denigrate him in any fashion. I was simply stating a fact. That people are making the comparisons.
    Not what my opinions of him are.
    I like the kid, I think he has extreme upside. I also think he needs to worn on his jump shot mechanics and handle to take the next step. I also think Sengun is a better basketball player right now. I think those two are our future.

xaos likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Idk why people are trying to deny it…Jalen Green being the next Kobe/MJ or having that potential was a thing on here for sure pre-draft and during SL

Bobbythegreat and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

I bring up the interview because it’s Jalen Green’s own words about how he views himself and to show that it was Jalen Green that started Kobe comparisons.

Which scouts?

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah man. I don’t get why people are denying that. It was everywhere

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He isn’t responsible for people making those comparisons. That would mean everyone that has said that has watched all his interviews

13. dmoneybangbang

I guess my point was that the Kobe and MJ were never serious or mainstream comparisons.

I don’t understand why they are being brought up except to as a “you were wrong”?

14. xaos

xaos Member

Without bringing up another player, you don't think the last minute or so vs the Lakers (first nationally televised game vs HOF top 75 players and Lebron) showed some killer instinct from Jalen? Hit a three, gets blocked by Anthony Davis on a 3 attempt then comes right back and drills a 3 over Anthony Davis to bring us within 2 (?). This is after struggling to shoot well for almost every game...

15. dmoneybangbang

It wasn’t everywhere….

It feels like you are trying to make it seem like it was a mainstream comparison when it was the opposite.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Green fanbois have moved on to new talking points so they have to pretend like their previous talking points never existed.

Since Green is the 2nd worst player in the league, the talk of him averaging 24 points per game and being ROY and the next MJ have to go away and they need talking points that suggest that OF COURSE he's struggling, he's 5 years old and that no one ever expected him to be any good year one.....despite the fact that we have a younger player on the roster who is playing significantly better.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know why they’re brought up. People were saying they didn’t happen. All I said is that it absolutely did happen.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ok man. Whatever you say.

19. dmoneybangbang

You also said it was “everywhere” which it wasn’t….

20. dmoneybangbang

“Everywhere” implies that it was his main comparison or a major one …. No?