1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[WOJ] Silas next Rockets head coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Oct 28, 2020.

1. OkayAyeReloaded

Yeah, I hope they have a great training camp and really high-quality practices to gel early as a team.

Also, if we can also develop a bench like Dallas, unheralded guys who contribute to a strong unit I would be ecstatic.

comrade and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

He has a great background... grew up in the game... father had him involved early... was an assistant a long time but still young enough to understand players perspectives... very empathetic but all very organized and prepared by nature... this is also a job he has been preparing for since Harden was in elementary school.

He is very likable and in his own way charismatic.

D-rock, Patience, Ramo$e and 4 others like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Been impressed with Coach Silas so far. Coach if you read this, Harden's behavior should give you a chip on your shoulder, please use it. He never gave you a chance, didn't believe in you. Make Harden earn your respect after he dissed you like he has. Hold his ass accountable in every way. Rockets fans have your back!

Ramo$e and ashleyem like this.
  4. Fantasma Negro

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Personally, I am a fan of Coach Silas thus far.

The dude already is growing bags under those eyes. He has a lot of **** on his shoulders right now. It would help if the Rockets figured out a deal for Harden or Harden got his **** together.

D-rock, JayGoogle, Denovo and 4 others like this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm so happy for coach, he paid his dues! I wish him all the success and YES you are the coach of the HOUSTON ROCKETS!

D-rock, seclusion and DVauthrin like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Congrats
    How did the offense look?
    How we feeling about the new look Rockets

Rocket River

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I loved that he noticed the offense got stagnant and wanted to do something about it.

Not just let it ride for 4 mins and watch a significant lead sift away.

hakeem94, BigM and seclusion like this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I have no idea how good a coach he is but I’ve liked everything about him so far. Glad to have him.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Since there's a ton of outrage, lets bump this thread. There sure are a lot of folks now suddenly on the other side

11. Rockets4Life13

So people changed their mind after seeing him do this job for 1 1/2 years. Big deal?

There was no reason to think he wouldn’t do well before he came. Now there’s plenty of reasons to think he isn’t doing well.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

there was plenty of reasons that people could say he wouldn't do well. yeah I mean it's not like 1.5 years isn't actually a short time, especially when it includes a shortened covid year

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

[​IMG]

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

“you get what you pay for”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Still happy it was Silas over Lucas. I believe Lucas should be fired with or without Silas. I think he creates strife intentionally. I don’t think he’s made for the NBA today

18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So because people had an opinion once, they're not allowed to revise it after more information becomes available? Utter nonsense, if we did things your way nothing in the world would ever progress. One of the most ass-backwards attempts at being "clever" I've ever seen.

Rockets4Life13 and treyk3 like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

considering how a ton of folks bypassed the covid year and pretty much took that into account for silas in his first season. now 15 games in, the outrage is pretty funny to me, especially when folks were adamant he was so good coming from dallas and it was a no brainer. How the rockets offense would be so good blah blah blah

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The scary thought is that if Silas is fired mid-season, wouldn't Lucas take over or would it be Weaver?

treyk3 likes this.