1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Woj Report: John Wall increasingly likely to sit entire season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 11, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and juanm34 like this.
  2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

of course there hasn’t

Who has the contracts to match? Nobody has even seen him play. Athletic PG’s with no jumper fall off quick, and he’s already 31.

How am I gonna trade for John Wall when he has yet to step on the court?

payaso, Dobbizzle and amaru like this.
  4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Mr. Stone, tear down this Wall.

harold bingo and pippendagimp like this.
  5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I think the Wall-Russ trade was a clear win-win. The most important thing that that trade gave us was the ability to tank. It got us the 2nd pick along with the one pick we got from it initially. So what if we can't trade Wall now? His job is done. The tank has been commanded. What would happen if we kept Russ and traded him for that same package? Kuz, Harrell, and KCP wouldn't do **** here. They have Beal and Dinwiddie, we don't. A supporting cast is useless without a centerpiece.

#145 lakersuck2, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I think sitting a healthy John Wall and paying him that contract is probably the single dumbest thing I’ve ever seen an NBA team do. Especially when this team desperately needs help at PG. I know he’s not an ideal fit and we aren’t exactly trying to win, but it ain’t healthy to lose this much either. He should be on the floor.

7. verysimplejason

The rest of the new guys won't develop with Wall inside. They might even get infected with Wall's selfish game.

lakersuck2 likes this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Is Wall even healthy?
    In that video with him going against green he said he’s 70%…

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Tell me you never watched basketball before last season without telling me...

SamFisher and Hank McDowell like this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Let him continue sitting on his wad of cash. **** him and continue the tank.

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Think about this. John Wall makes more than half of what the Oklahoma City Thunder is paying their entire team this season, and he doesn’t even have to play.

What. The. Actual. ****?!

And he’ll probably get to do it again next year.

Nice work if you can get it, but the Rockets are absolute fools to agree to this.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I wonder if Wall is actually planning to retire completely after this contract tbh. 2 years out of the league is very difficult to come back from, regardless of how good your career was. It just makes no sense to me that they've got this far and no offers are coming in and yet he still wants to sit. He's sacrificing any chance of a career despite the huge payout.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  13. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

And OKC had the same situation with Horford last year.

Who gives a **** how much Wall is paid? It doesn't matter, nor should it to anyone here. The only recent comment here that makes any sense is what @lakersuck2 mentioned: the Wall-Westbrook trade was a win-win.

Wall was a hail Mary after Westbrook demanded a trade, and it didn't work out (nor did the disastrous Oladipo acquisition). The Rockets blundered, but "righted" the ship -- and certainly had a bit of luck with how things eventually went down with Oladipo and the #2 pick.

The Rockets are not contending this year or next year. Who cares whether Wall plays or not or how much he gets paid?

He's either washed up and will stifle the growth of the younger players or he'll be a great mentor to them...which is it?! He can't suck and be great at the same time.

He won't be a Rocket all the way through next season, we know that. It literally does not matter whether he plays or not.

14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Are you the one paying for his 40M? Are any of we? I'd rather let John Wall steal that money than have Tilman burn it on a helicopter or something.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

For **** sake get him the **** off the bench. If he wants to stay in shape hoopin he can go to the Vipers, this **** is embarrassing

Rockets34Legend likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Keep him benched. Stay true to the tank. Keep working on KPJ.

Bench Theis too for Darwin’s sake.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

From Tank Commander to Armchair General.

Hope he don't sprain thumbs from his PS5.

Gotta keep that value high.

18. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think when teams get geared up for the PLAYOFFS, they will be looking for Veterans to help them during playoff time. At the trade deadline, like Chicago and Denver did last year they are going to give away young talent and draft picks. Wall has a career average of 19 PPG and 10 assists. He average around 20PPG for us without help.....he can play. Gordon can score and shoot and has one of the best FG% and 3's% in the league.
    We just have to wait for Clippers, Warriors, Lakers, 76ers, Hawks, Brooklyn.....to call because they will. We should not accept draft picks but young talent from last year draft and the year before.

19. verysimplejason

What??? Nevermind. I've watched Wall since he's a rookie and he's still the same. He's not exactly a winner you'd like to advocate to the team. It's better to let the young guys develop and tank for next year.

20. sogood.

sogood. Member

Do you not understand that John Wall is getting paid 41.5 million and those teams needs to send back enough cap to make the trade work? Players still on the rookie contract is not enough, and playoffs team aren't going to tear down their team for John Wall.

He averaged 20pts per game on terrible efficiency last season.