1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have to get rid of KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen Green has been horrific, and yet KPJr who has had 2 offseasons to train, get stronger, look at film, etc is just as garbage, but it’s excuse after excuse for KPJr while they eviscerate Green

KPJr will go 4-11 with 5 turnovers and they’ll be like “he wasn’t that bad”

o_Oo_O

Dopamine, vator, cheke64 and 3 others like this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Kpj is mad that he’s in the 70’s on 2k….ok “scoot”

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm not even convinced Green is as horrific as everybody thinks. He usually gets either late-clock garbage passes or left on an island with all the defenders swarming him, no rookie will succeed in that situation. When he actually gets good looks he can put numbers up pretty quickly. The only place he really looks horrible is defense, and that was the scouting report so people shouldn't be remotely surprised. The big difference between Green and KP defensively isn't their skill levels, it's that Green might suck but he still actually tries, KP only tries when he can be bothered, the marginally better skill is irrelevant in the face of the attitude tbh.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

what I’m most disappointed in with Jalen Green is his jumper so far…definitely didn’t expect him to be a sniper, but his misses can look really really bad…some of those rainbow bricks have me hoping the rims have good health insurance

HP3, palmsnbananas and Dobbizzle like this.
  5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

KPJ doesnt even at this point fair better than most rookies from last year so using the 88 games as an excuse is stupid.
    12.7 points 36% from the field 30% from 3 63% from the free throw line 5 assists to 4.2 turnovers per game. Lets just take a moment to look at this **** let it soak in LMAO. If someone told me 2 years ago that this would be a stat line for our 3rd year player starting point guard and not a rookie I would think they were lying. Atleast Jalen shoots 80% from the free throw line which suggests that he's just going through a shooting slump from everywhere else. KPJ's 63% from ft for a guy who has the ball all the time is unacceptable.

#425 Joe Rocket, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    Dopamine, vator and TheRealist137 like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen Green dunked and yelled at Cade which ended up looking lame since Cade made plays in the 4th and Green’s night was pretty much done after that moment as his team lost again…KPJr fanbois were all over him for that

meanwhile, KPJr just gives up and doesn’t run back after a missed layup or turnover multiple times every game, and not a peep from these people

the way they try so hard to try and prop up KPJr because of their bias against Green is too funny…some of these posts have me blowing the whistle…that KPJr prop up post is a personal foul, stop reaching

7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Oh for sure, he needs to correct some of his form and get consistent, but it's not like nobody's ever done that before, it's common. The way he actually moves though you can visualise exactly how he'd look as a star. A tighter handle and a rehabbed jumpshot and he's already pretty special even if he doesn't show any playmaking or d, and he shows potential in the first and effort in the second, can't ask more than that. KPJ has definitely showed tons of potential in the past, I just don't think he shows near the same flashes of potential greatness though if I'm honest.

Reeko likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, so do I.......and for SURE when he blows a layup and sulks that IS a problem, and IMHO he should be benched when he does that....and then have it explained and put right back in.

But his on ball defense is massively improved....which the stats show.

Why are you and others trying to make this a WAR between Green and KPJ ?

They are both ROCKETS they can both SHINE.....it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Credibility - lol - like any of that matters when we are just fans whooofing about our shitty team.

DD

TimDuncanDonaut, HP3 and Denovo like this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Cole Anthony has played a total of about 50 games and somehow at the exact same age as KPJ went from 39% fg and 12 ppg to 44% fg 20 ppg. Again there's no excuse for KPJ regressing. 88 games is a bullshti excuse.

Dopamine and cheke64 like this.
  10. Denovo

Denovo Member

That same logic can be used against Green since other rookies in his class are playing significantly better in the same amount of games played.

Idk why this is even a KP vs Green thing tho. Both have been complete trash but both are young enough to make major improvements.

There are plenty of late bloomers in the league. I wouldn’t write off either of them tbh.

HP3 likes this.
  11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

On ball defense is pretty worthless if you don't get back to our half until posession's changed. The worst thing Morey ever did was convince Rockets fans that advanced stats matter more than character when playing sports. Ridiculous.

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

HE'S A FREAKIN ROOKIE. Cole IS MY GREEN LOGIC. Cole sucked last year HIS ROOKIE YEAR. Most players suck their first year then they start to improve. THATS THE POINT. KPJ is not improving. He's worse than last year.

13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I believe Porter is a legit NBA starter. However, this is his 3rd year and he needs to improve from last year. He is not a Point Guard and he is hurting our team. We need a young, legit Point Guard who can setup the offense efficiently and no careless turnover. I'm surprise the Rocket's Brass is pushing Porter to be a Point Guard. Porter needs to be a Small Forward or sometimes he can be a Point Forward on some plays. Right now he needs to work on his DEFENSE and his offense skills. He should be averaging 20 plus points a game at this time ....like Tyler Herro and JaMorant. I think we should trade for RJ HAMPTON!!!!
    Orlando have plenty of Point Guards....Cole Anthony, Suggs, Michael Carter Williams, Markelle Fultz(who they just paid last year big money). We can trade for RJ Hampton and this tandem of Hampton and Green and have Porter on the WING! Hampton can shoot and make great decision on ball handling. I remember Green and Hampton went Head to Head one time in High School....these are very elite talented guards.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yup this is what I suggested. They can proabably use Wood.

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Actually its KPJ fans like you who are trying to start a war between the two. You got called out on this very thing just a week or two ago. It was clear by the way you were talking about Jalen that it was to divert attention away from KPJ lol And you guys are the ones who brought up Jalen in this thread when its supposed to be about KPJ lol

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

There's a huge difference between outperforming somebody over 12 games and over an entire or multiple seasons. So no, you can't use that same logic at all, that's not how logic works.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  17. Denovo

Denovo Member

There is no linear path to development. Players have shown regression then bounce back the following year. Careers have ups and downs.

He’s only 21 and played only 90 games with 0 continuity in role and position. Two different teams and 3 different positions in just 90 games. It’s not like he’s played 3 full seasons at point guard with no improvement.

Kyle Lowry for example went from a irrelevant role player in his 6th season to a championship level point guard and fringe hall of famer.

Late bloomers exist you don’t have to have it all figured out by your third season.

Patience will be required with both KP and Green.

DaDakota likes this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Reasonable post. Anybody writing off KPJ and Green after 14 games are just idiots. Who knows how either of them would be performing with a real coach.

Denovo likes this.
  19. Denovo

Denovo Member

The logic is flawed either way. Your comparing players development over extremely small sample sizes. It’s the same logic.

12 games and 90 games are both miniscule amounts of time in a players career.

Tyreke Evans was better than Harden and Steph their rookie seasons. We see how that turned out.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

OH its both now. LMAO thats what people who know theyve been proven wrong revert to "both". So we got all of these people on this thread attacking Jalen but now that youve been proven wrong, the ones who were defending Jalen saying he's just a rookie are the ones who need to have patience... now lol Well Im glad we agree on something... now. I dont advocate getting rid of KPJ simply moving him to the 3 or 6th man role. KPJ fans started attacking Jalen and acting like KPJ's play is Jalens fault lol. Attacking Jalen actually lessens the point on being patient with KPJ though because if you're not gonna be patient with a 12 game rookie what right do you have to tell anyone to be patient with a 3rd year player who has regressed?