1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

We have to get rid of KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 7, 2021.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Holy F'n ****... Green was -37.
    Make him earn his minutes already. The kid is not NBA ready! At all!

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

The guy who played the most minutes, we sucked literally every minute we were on the floor. Do you expect that statistic to look any different?

3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Porter has given up trying to be a Point Guard or a traditional Point Guard, He has said this many times that he is going to do his way. That mean pound the ball 22 times then turn it over. If you tell him that we are moving to SF he is going to ACT UP. We need to trade Gordon for Kuminga or Wiseman, Golden State needs a veteran who can shoot and has experience who can come off the bench. I do not like Golden State at all but I do like their talent and I know they like and know what Gordon can do. Wood needs to get his confidence back but I would trade him at the trade deadline if someone can give us some great young talent.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The guards after 14 games

Total +/-

Green : -197
    Porter : -94

Net Rating

Green : -20.7
    Porter : -9.8

Green AND Porter(~340 minutes) : -14.9
    Green NO Porter(~106 minutes) : -36.1
    Porter NO Green(~90 minutes) : +7.1

Yeesh

palmsnbananas, Bobbythegreat and HP3 like this.
  5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He won't we are wasting our time I fear. I also didnt realize how many KPJ only fans we have here and they really hate Jalen LMAO.

cheke64, hakeem94 and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yup he literally said I am not a traditional point guard ill play my game now and though he's averaging less turnovers now he still completely sucks. Now Im fine with rookies sucking there is a ridiculous amount of evidence that rookies who have the skills that ours have and i mean all of our rookies have skills they get better. KPJ in his third year is worse. There isnt any excuse for that he should atleast be a little better or the same. SO that tells me he is not a point guard and we need to stop wasting our time. He needs to be moved to the 3 or the bench and we need to stop ignoring our rookies for the sake of KPJ's development its stupid and getting us nowhere.

slothy420, CHAMPBOY and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

You do know his turnovers are down now right? they are getting lower this month

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

love them both. Fans want them to be 26 already with 7 years experience..................and that is how they are treating them

eliefor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Asian Sensation

Fax. People aren’t gonna like hearing that and they’ll deny it but he’s not a point guard. He’s just not and he never will be. At least not a good/productive one.

I like KPJ and I want to keep him but he’s playing out of position. Either bring him off the bench as instant offense or let him start at the 2 and bring Green off the bench. Just cause these kids have nice crossovers and can make a flashy pass here and there doesn’t mean they’re a point guard. Forcing both these guys 2 start in the hopes that something will click and or that they will get it is being stubborn and stunting both their growth.

palmsnbananas and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Wait, you like Porter? I am surprised. he is the type of player you normally do not like.

I am not saying Green is playing good. He is not. However I do have more faith in him becoming good at his current role than Porter becoming good at his current role. Green is younger, and only played some games at this level. Furthermore his skillset fits with a off the ball shooting guard. I have no Idea how good he will be. But I am willing to see how he devlops.

With Porter I feel like he should be a sixth man. He can be instant offense. He is however not good at leading an offense. Our offense looks terrible when he leads it (the only time it looks repectable is when Sengun is directing the offense.

I would be in favor of getting a experienced floor leader that can set up our young guys. And move Porter to a sixth man role. We will still not win games. But our players might pick up on some good behavior, and not run around like headless chickens.

Also please please please do not play House anymore...

Easy, slothy420 and Joe Rocket like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's honestly weird that Jalen Green fans are even a thing, he's literally the worst player on the Rockets

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm amazed honestly his teammates haven't jumped him in the locker room.

How any of them pass the ball to him is amazing.

How the coach doesn't run onto the court and scream in his face 15 times a game is beyond me. Don't worry though, coach running on the court won't effect the game. Because they other team are already attacking, while KPJ is still walking back sulking at his 15th terrible shot attempt that didn't touch ring.

The thought of watching him in a Rockets future for years is downright scary. And not in a good way.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm honestly wondering is there a worse player than him in this draft class?

As each game goes by the more I lean towards 'no'.

I can't think of many players worse than him in the entire league.

palmsnbananas and hakeem94 like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

honestly i didnt see worse looking player in nba in my entire history of watching nba...perhaps capelas first games when he was extremely jittery....i hope its just the jitters...

kinda reminds me of when a hyped up kid comes to the playground trying to do fancy moves he practiced and then nothing works for him because hes too bad at fundamentals and you cant pull the moves like that vs real players like you could in an empty gym

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Porter is showing signs of improvement. He's also taken leaps in being a better defender.
    There were stats posted in another thread that shows KPJ and the Rockets are a positive offensive rating when he's on the floor and Green is not. Two players are weighing the team down and one of them isn't KPJ. Theis should never put on a Rockets uniform ever again and Green needs to be moved to the 6th man role.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Reminder that Cleveland didn’t give up on him and give him away for no reason at all. The Nets were able to get a 1st rounder for Twill too that Cleveland couldn’t even get. On top of that his play is actually regressing.

The fact is the best he ever looked is when he went to the gleague last year and came back up. That tells me he needs stops and starts in his career for some time and the Rockets need to realize they cannot just keep allowing him to regress like this. Pull him now and do a reset or he’ll be off the team and you spent all this effort for nothing.

As for Jalen ….. ugghhh… he’s just awful, and like KPJ needs a season reset, but at least the Rockets have a another season to experiment with him. At #2 though in a deep draft… yeah… huge miss and someone in scouting that pushed him should get fired. How they didn’t see how not ready he is scares me with our future as a rebuilding team.

19. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

These are fake stats
    +/- doesn’t mean anything
    Faake neews

Am I doing this right?

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Need um... good experiences... not experiences that doom them to be this generation's Flynn, Griffin, and White.