1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

My father asked me to make a photocopy of my vaxx card for him so he wouldn’t have to wear a mask at his work meeting. Because it’s uncomfortable.

I told him to grow up.

2. PeppermintCandy

My friend's grandmother got covid and within a week she passed away after her lungs completely collapsed.

He does, obviously, and good luck convincing him otherwise.

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Except for that long covid thing. I'm still feeling heart issues since last Feb

FrontRunner and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

keep letting them jab you sheep

Gioan Baotixita and coachbadlee like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I have an annual flu shot. And haven't had the flu in over 20 years. Go figure...

No Worries likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I told them. The shots will never stop coming.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Do you bother reading what you post or do you just scan for headlines? Once again, you post a positive article about the vaccine.

Now on to the question of how long boosters will last. That’s a tough one.

It’s possible, says Justman, that the months-long gap between initial doses of the vaccine and boosters will help the immune system maintain a strong response for a much longer period than the initial regimen did. But we need more data to have any sort of definitive answer on that, she says.

Monica Gandhi, an infectious disease expert at the University of California, San Francisco, says it’s important to keep in mind that even without a booster shot, the vaccines are still providing strong protection.

The vaccines are doing an amazing job in preventing severe disease, even through the delta variant,” she says.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I've never had a flu shot and have had the flu maybe 3 times in my life.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Where does it say that they won't be giving shots 4+ times a year? Because they will and they will blame the deaths on all the new named diseases they have thought up. New variant here, new variant there. Marsburg, etc.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Where does it say they will?

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Only sheep read, apparently.

These vaccines have been an amazing success. Given millions of death already, it was smart and completely understandable that we are going through some process to figure out the optimal boosters and also how long we should wait between them. Antivaxxer/conspiracy junk heads see conspiracy in that - that the gov pushed out a vaccine and now will forever boost you. That's possible that we end up with regular boosters (which btw, was a possibility from the very start). However, as more data come out about lasting immunity, especially T and B cells, it's very possible we won't.

Heck, maybe we end up with some like the below a year or two from now.

- For SARS-Covid-2 previously infected, under 65 and healthy, 1 shot
    - For SARS-Covid-2 previously infected, over 65 or immune-compromised, 1 shot then booster every 8M
    - For SARS-Covid-2 naive (not previously infected), under 65 and healthy, 2 shots, 8 weeks apart, no booster
    - For SARS-Covid-2 naive (not previously infected), over 65 or immune-compromised, 2 shots, 6 weeks apart, and then booster every 8M

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

14. Gioan Baotixita

I’m 46 and soon will turn 47. I’ve never had a flu shot. I don’t honestly remember when was the last time I had a flu. I don’t even get the common colds. Strong natural immunity is a great thing. Go figure.....

This is how I’ve developed my strong immunity in addition to having good genetics. My parents are extremely healthy.

I don’t smoke, drink, do recreational or prescribed drugs of any kind. In bed by 10pm and up at 6am. Trying to eat foods without preservatives as much as I can. Take plenty of good supplements. Drink plenty of good water. Exercise everyday and especially the breathing exercises taught by Stig Severen.

IBTL and coachbadlee like this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Getting ready for they're next scamdemic.

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yikes!! I'm around the same age. I smoke, drink, stay up all night, eat all of the wrong things and rarely exercise. The only medicine I have taken over the past couple of decades is Tylenol or headache powders for headaches but that's it. Everything else is juices and water.Yet I rarely get sick. I caught Covid (the flu) though and handled it quickly (within 48 hrs). I do need to start drinking more water though.

Gioan Baotixita and Roc Paint like this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is what the PCR tests were really for. Because they were never meant to be used to diagnose infections per the creator of the tests Kary Mullis.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Might be time to turn that around breh

coachbadlee likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why being middle-aged with a completely unhealthy diet and lifestyle has never led to any real problems.

coachbadlee likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You do all that and the specimen that Tinman of a man is could still demolish you. It all feels rather futile doesn’t it?