1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Iko] Rockets value KPJ’s development over Green’s.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Instead of that, move Green to the second unit and move Gordan and Sengun to the starting line-up. I made this argument in another thread. Green’s confidence will grow if he can be the main man playing against second units. If Porter is playing with a more solid unit against other team’s best, the Rockets would be able to better ascertain his progress.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Game recognizes game.

Especially if producing at NBA level.

Lebron stopped talking about Napier once he stunk it up in NBA.

None of the guys touting KPJ were trying to draft him for their respective teams.

Game recognizes game.

18pbr likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because all the thin players you mention have physicality to their game.

Green does not.

We all saw it in G League.

Great body control but he used it to avoid contact at all costs.

Stephen_A likes this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

So they can't coach up more than one player at a time?

Yikes.

cheke64, slothy420 and D-rock like this.
  5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Finishing the baseball season:

[​IMG]

Time to start regularly following the Rockets again and catching up on what I’ve missed:

[​IMG]

DreamShook and D-rock like this.
  6. CertifiedTroll

What if the development of all the young players was important to the 1-11 Rockets?

napalm06 and D-rock like this.
  7. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I just hope you're right, Some games KPJ looks decent then the next he looks like he should be on the bench, I really want the coaches to get on him about his body language during games because when he misses a easy lay up he just sits back there while other teams are running back and he gives up a 5 on 4.

dragonwill, 34to11 and cheke64 like this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Excellent question.... excellent indeed.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Oh no we're not benching Green, he's the franchise player. He doesn't have a confidence problem, he has poor catch and shoot mechanics and until his 3pter is a threat, teams will sag off him a bit. His defense against starting lineups needs repetition. His passing and PnR against starting lineups has improved and still needs repetition.

He's working on these things. To attack the rim relentlessly (and we know he needs to improve his finishing at the rim) would just bring back his high TO games, they're holding off on that. One thing at a time, this is what player development is all about. They're using him as a Klay Thompson right now and I really like the approach. He has to improve on all the things Klay Thompson is good at. There's a very clear reason his stats are performances are the way they are. You can see his shot has improved a tiny bit. Let them keep working, I have no interest in what he can achieve against second units I've seen him do well in preseason and summer league and listen to him in interviews he doesn't have a confidence problem at all.

18pbr likes this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If Sengun can play limited minutes off the bench, so can Green.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yes D rock i agree and that’s my point all along its not weight or whatever triangular theory that guy came up with lol. Its how a player attacks opponents. Jamal crawford is another example of a guy using his body effectively to score with a 6ft 5 175-185 frame. Its not weight.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not good to label someone the franchise player when they aren't a franchise quality player. Right now, Green isn't close to that, he may never be.

Make him earn it.

GotGame15 likes this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Character. As i mentioned before him and Wood are low character guys. Speaking of Wood why does he beat his chest and do all these antics after a put back or dunk. Really ridiculous and is a window to his lack of focus and boastful personality. Character matters. These two should focus on the craft the team and the sport as a whole.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

A lot of winning in that astros season though. I thought making it to the world series was an amazing achievement considering what they went through. The Rockets... we in hell, lol.

dc rock likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Who say it's not good? lol He's the franchise player. You can wait for more evidence.

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

Yep.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Uh, like every other NBA player. I hate it too, but he only does this occasionally. Harden did a thousand times.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If you are not seeing Green getting bullied all over the floor you are not watching objectively. I want very much for him to be a superstar, but he is going to have to put on muscle to meet that goal. If you want a sixth man, like Crawford, out of the second pick in the draft, then Green in his current body is perfectly ok.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would have worded more like, not more than one player but the right player for what they wanted to do.

It is unfair to pin all the PG blame on just that player but it is legitimate to look for help and bench that guy if necessary.

(or tell him the clock is ticking)

This is not to further alienate the part of the fanbase that has little patience, is not okay with volume losing.

20. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Give it time...KPJ and Green will be fine. These are part of the growing pains that we all discussed before the season. The fact that we are actually even in competing in these games and KPJ showing he can actually defend are encouraging. Slow and steady progress.