1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to replace SIlas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by juanming, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thinly disguised Fire Silas thread

HP3, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

o yeah, the process can be cheated its been done before...this is the lamest excuse...but it cant be done by an average coach...the fact that we discussing here and we dont even know each other nor see nor hear is a testament that the process can absolutely be cheated, but you gotta know the technology, and silas is a savant

D-rock likes this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Assumption. Players have said that in the past on several teams including great teams and there’s no real indication that Silas lost the team because a guy wants to be more involved and a couple players stating their opinions which has nothing to do with criticizing the coach. Not sure how you came to this conclusion without any substantiating or preponderance of evidence. Again like I said Silas isn’t forcing turnovers on green or Porter and he isn’t making them miss half their FT. If they made 75-80% of their FT in several of these games they would have either won or the scores would be much closer and In some games they would even be tied or hold the lead in the last few minutes. Like last night if they made 5 more FT they would’ve been tied at one point in the 3rd quarter. The outcome of the game may be quite different in these situations. Again it ain’t the coach. That’s on players. Players league.

#43 Stephen_A, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    HP3, lw17 and HTown_TMac like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Danuel House as player/coach

Jontro and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Your comment makes little sense. Do you not think he deserves an opportunity? His time to be coach was way overdue as he has toiled in the league for a very long time without getting an opportunity in a league and society where hiring a Black coach is very important and those opportunities didn’t necessarily exist 10-20 years ago. So yes he absolutely deserves an opportunity and for you to say he doesn’t or that there’s some reason he wasn’t promoted without even understanding or have any knowledge of his situation is disrespectful uninformed and judgemental. He’s worked and developed lebron curry and luka. He has character and a good name. He has experience in building offenses and smarts. These are qualities you look when hiring. Please stop the judgement and assumptions with little knowledge and information.

HP3 likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Folks, with a legit coaching staff, this team could be sitting pretty at 2-10 right now.

Bo6, HP3, the11mingdynasty and 3 others like this.
  7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Oh my. I’m not sure what you guys expect. We are a very inexperienced team. And they make very many mistakes. Y’all want to see wins, but we are working on winning the #1 pick.

I promise you an established coach can’t change that we don’t have a start to throw the ball too and get a bucket, we are trying to develop that.

I mean look at teams like San Antonio, Memphis, Boston who has decent coaches and established players (Not the Spurs). They aren’t at the top of the standings. Learn to understand we will stink, and there are times we will look GOOD. KPJ is still learning a new position, Green is learning to be in the NBA as a thin guard. This is a reason why I think Silas tries to play some vets.

HP3, SamFisher and Stephen_A like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Let's reset the stage for context.

Last reported deal for D'Antoni that I saw was $2.5 million with incentives
    to total up to $5 million. D'Antoni was insulted and said, bye, I'm out of here.

Harden/Westbrook endorsed John Lucas. I said hire John Lucas.
    Tilman probably "low-balled" John Lucas and Lucas said, "Thanks but
    no Thanks." Let me stay where I am.

What do people think JVG was asking for? Probably more than $5 million.
    Unless CF members are going to start a Go-fund-me account to help
    Tilman pay the difference.....get real.

Silas accepted the job. Who thinks he got the offer D'Antoni was given? Not me.
    It's probably $2.3 or less.

At the time Tyrone Lu was reportedly asking for $9 million for starters.

So if I may add to the OP's question: Who do you want to replace Silas.....
    for $2.3 million or less?

Good luck with that one!

HP3, D-rock, DeBeards and 1 other person like this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Why waste the money on a good coach when our team is trash. Just let me coach for free. I'll play the Rookies 48 minutes a game.

PeterKingX and Bo6 like this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Wisdom, tempered emotions and patience over impulse, anger, impatience

HP3, 34to11, Plowman and 1 other person like this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

All hypotheticals and assumptions.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I can link you the last D'Antoni reported offer.

Summer prior to him leaving. I believe it was leaked by D'Antoni's agent

Ty Lue request can also be googled

D-rock likes this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

And important piece is it ain’t coaching. It never has been. Coaching only prepares for opponents, dictate style of play, and make adjustments. There’s other types of coaches for conditioning etc. But at the end of the day it’s on players. This is a point many miss. That’s why the gap between great teams and bad teams is so big. Personal player decision making. Wood makes poor decisions as does KPJ for players who have more than couple years NBA experience. This isn’t cutting it. Will they be better? It’s up to them. Players league. Always will be.

#53 Stephen_A, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    HP3 and HTown_TMac like this.
  14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

JVG is soooo Houston now, like to the core, and maybe my favorite dude, but he’s always been a veteran’s coach and never much for younger players. As much as I love the guy, I just don think it would work with this bunch. But you’re right, he’s a phenomenal leader.

Plowman, kjayp and DeBeards like this.
  15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

you used words as probably man. Probably means it’s your deduction you came up with and not a matter of fact. You are drawing conclusions based on your limited info and your theory is they took the cheapest option. Ok fair that’s your theory but it’s not fact. I add that your theory doesn’t explain why.

Why did they offer MDA such a low offer if thats what they gave him. Why did lue sign with clippers? Let me remind you Morey announced his departure before Lue signed with Clippers. And there were no serious talks with MDA about an extension. These are great clues as to why they didn’t go with MDA and why lue didn’t sign. Just my deduction though not necessarily fact.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838897

That offer was made after a good showing for the Rockets in the playoffs....then a year later happened

All we have is limited info you jackalope

Everything is speculation one way and the other

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Why do you love him? He couldn’t take yao and tmac anywhere. His teams underachieved and played a boring predictable half court set. And as I recall many of you were calling for his head back then lol. Point is some people choose to complain and not be happy. It’s a choice. I choose to be positive and enjoy this young fun team instead of being negative and calling for a coach’s head instead of putting the onus on players. Just my opinion.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah if you considering yourself legit
    and stop pretending its the record and losing that we want silas fired for....

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

dude I’m just responding to what you wrote in your original post that’s all. Your original post didn’t mention this data as a matter of fact. Great you found the info after the fact.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol you’re getting sensitive and calling me names for what now? And your theory doesn’t hold weight with the info you yourself just gave me btw but I’m not even talking about that. You just gotta be careful in presenting your ideas as fact when you use words such as probably. i just brought it to your attention that’s all. Lol be well bro