1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to replace SIlas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by juanming, Nov 13, 2021.

1. juanming

juanming Member

I believe Silas has lost this team. Last week you had wood complain about wanting more touches. You had theis telling the media "we can't put our heads down it's a long season" . You have green saying "we get stagnant sometimes" . These are all red flags from three different players.

Throw a coaches name out there that you would like for this team. Mine is Mahmoud Abdelfattah of the vipers.

I'm sure alot of you want a top-notch coach with a lot of experience. But it has to be a coach that is willing to play our kids at the expense of wins. Not too many coaches want to do that because losing looks bad on their resume.

I mean i believe we have lots of talent, we seem two deep at every position, and yet I would not be surprised if we end up with the worst record of all time this year.Thats coaching.

My reason for abelfattah; Number one he was able to utilize Porter as a point guard correctly I thought. Porter didn't look lost and he actually look like a leader and budding star in that system. Porter actually outplayed green in the gleague. Porter looks like he has regressed since last year and I blame Silas. Abdelfattah is young , affordable. All of y'all saying "kpj is not a point guard", funny, he looked like a fantastic pg in the gleague. Kpj made Brooks and even lamb look great. That's coaching.

As much I respect Jeff Van Gundy I don't think I want to see a bog down offense scoring 60 points a game I think the new nba might has passed him by. He also does not like to play young players.

Bottom line I would to see a motion offense instead of a vanilla predictable offense like we have now.

Jontro likes this.
  2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

MDA is probably free?

But Theis and Wood are too tall to play

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

But seriously, let Silas finish what he staryed, and maybe give Weaver a turn next year. He has had success in his fledgeling career, and if we succeed for a 3rd year straight we still have our pick. Weaver has a high pace offence, so should see guys stat padding to increase value.

After that the conversation becomes more serious.

Emtenndo and Ramo$e like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a Kenny Atkinson believer, it's who I wanted initially when Silas was hired.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He really wouldn't have a choice if he were to take over this team. Also Thibs evolved. His Knicks are doing work right now. Still early but he is doing work. He does however burn out his players real fast.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Why we dont hire legends like Zidane in Madrid, Xavi in barca… i want Sam Casell, Juwan Howard or Tmac

Squirtle, hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm still in camp JVG...
    You can get an assistant to run the offense - just like Bzdelik ran the defense...
    The main thing is getting a strong leader - someone that can build a culture.
    I'd go to war with that lil terrier!

[​IMG]

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Mark Jackson

9. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Hakeem?

lw17, hakeem94, Ramo$e and 1 other person like this.
  10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

yes, because lampard at chelsea and ole at man u were such amazing hires... lol

magic johnson coaching the fakers was abysmal... not all legends make great coaches... and i just can't see juwan howard, tmac, or cassell becoming great nba coaches.

shane battier would be a rocket legend i would consider for coaching... if he ever has an inclination to want to coach. sadly, i don't think he does.

11. 34to11

34to11 Member

No one.

You can't cheat the process.

12. fattz

fattz Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wood complaining about touches is a no go.

A normal intelligent player would know that you have to give up touches to prospects to have them develop, it is in the best interest of the team.

Not a team player regardless of what happens to Silas.

majicdonjuan, Plowman and Squirtle like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You already know

Stevie Francis3 !

lw17, juanm34 and Jontro like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

I mean Silas is bad if we are to be bad give s chance to a legend and maybe they pan out. Atleast they got high bbiq

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

kenny the jet smith

18. Sengun

Sengun Member

This.

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

I just want someone that achieved anything in basketball world… Silas is nice person but he was assistant for 20 years for a reason

raining threes and hakeem94 like this.
  20. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Silas is indeed in danger of being fired if the team doesn’t start getting some W’s soon. The obvious choice is to promote Lucas to HC for the remainder of the season with the inside track to retaining the job if he can show improvement in the 2nd half.

lw17 and juanm34 like this.