1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disney Rejecting Woke Approach

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

About time the pendulum swung back the other way. While I love Marvel movies, they haven't been great since Endgame (and including Captain Marvel) in a large part due to pandering to the PC Woke brigade. And we don't even need to talk about the SW movies....

I'd say removing the 'Men' from X-Men, one of Marvel's biggest and best IPs, is the straw.

Home » Movie News
    MARVEL CRUMBLING: DISNEY'S BOB CHAPEK REJECTS KEVIN FEIGE WOKE APPROACH
    Matt McGloin Posted: 11/08/2021 - 20:36 161 Comments

[​IMG] .

It's claimed that the head of Disney, Bob Chapek, is butting heads with the head of Marvel, Kevin Feige, over the woke approach to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The rumor comes from YouTuber Doomcock who previously offered up information about the problems surrounding Captain Marvel and Brie Larson, and then as we saw with the sequel, "Captain Marvel" was dropped from the title and Feige brought in two new actresses and characters to star alongside Larson who appears to be trying to rebuild her image. Doomcock has also gone in-depth about the problems surrounding Kathleen Kennedy and Star Wars, and just today it was learned that the Patty Jenkins Rogue Squadron movie has been delayed indefinitely, which is among a host of previous problems with the franchise.

The following information was also released prior to it learned this weekend that Feige's Eternals movie has underperformed at the box office and is the second-worst opening for an MCU movie, which follows both Shang-Chi and Black Widow underperforming as well.

As I wrote two years ago, Feige's woke approach is going to destroy the MCU, and according to this rumor (and box office receipts) that is exactly what is happening which has seen Disney CEO Bob Chapek react who is now feuding with Feige over Feige's ideas to destroy and replace the original Marvel characters with new versions of characters.

Evidence of Kevin Feige's agenda can be seen in the Captain Marvel movie where classic comic book characters are replaced with woke versions and where the film takes an obvious anti-male approach to things while at the same time retconning the history of the MCU to inject that woke content.

Further evidence comes from how both Hulk and Thor were used in The Avengers: Endgame, which saw Hulk and Thor become goofy, lesser versions of their previous stronger selves, with rumors also offering Banner can no longer transform into the Hulk in the She-Hulk Disney Plus series (She-Hulk replaces Hulk), Renner gets replaced as Hawkeye in the Disney Plus series, and of course, Thor 4 features Natalie Portman as the female Thor. We can also add that in Black Widow, Natasha was made fun of and made to look bad by her replacement character, Florence Pugh's Yelena Belova. Also recall how Marvel producer Victoria Alonso, whom Feige just promoted, is against using the title "X-Men" simply because it contains the word "men," how Doctor Strange was dropped from WandaVision because he is white, and how Robert Downey Jr. and The Avengers actors and characters weren't used in Black Widow because they are male.

[​IMG]

Disney CEO Bob Chapek feuding with Marvel's Kevin Feige

Doomcock claims a high-level source says Disney CEO Bob Chapek and head of Marvel, Kevin Feige, are feuding, and that the following leak may have actually been sanctioned by some high-level person within the Disney organization, where we can guess the source is apparently unhappy with Feige and the current state of Marvel (possibly a Disney investor?).

"This source confirms as well that Bob Chapek may have had it with the whole wokeness thing particularly when going woke means going broke," says Doomcock. "About a year ago the Walt Disney board was holding a meeting. This was about the time when Bob Iger was still attending meetings and of course, Bob Chapek was there as well, and they were getting pitches on upcoming shows, development updates, and what not. Things were moving along, and when it got to be Feige's turn, he started his spiel and during his presentation, Bob Chapek interjected and asked Feige, 'So now that you killed Iron Man off, who are you going to replace Iron Man with and when are you going to replace him exactly?' Kevin looked at him a moment and then replied he was going to replace Tony Stark with Riri Williams. To Kevin's shock, Bob Chapek knew who Riri Williams was and how badly her comic run had done."

Regarding the comics, the last ten years or so, most likely to sync them up with Feige's woke plans for the MCU, Marvel Comics replaced original characters with woke versions, something which David Gabriel, Marvel's Senior Vice President – Sales and Marketing, confirmed back in 2017 had been a big failure for the company, with titles including Ironheart and Ms. Marvel.

"Chapek expressed skepticism about the move to replace a proven successful character with one that couldn't even sustain a series past twelve issues," explains Doomcock. "According to my source, Feige was surprised that Chapek knew the score. Feige essentially told Chapek, 'Don't worry about it. I can make it work.' But this was not the end of the discussion."

[​IMG]

Bob Chapek and Kevin Feige argue over Riri Williams and Iron Man

Doomcock goes on to claim that this is when Bob Chapek and Kevin Feige began to butt heads because they began to argue over Riri Williams as a big loser to invest in, as Feige's big plans involve using Riri Williams as the replacement for Tony Stark and Iron Man, and argued about Star Wars and what was happening to that franchise. They also argued over Feige stating using characters such as Riri Williams and Kamala Khan is more economical than using characters like Iron Man and Captain America, and when questioned about it, Feige in his arrogance said because it's him and Marvel, it will work (but again, the box office for Shang-Chi and Eternals suggests the opposite).

"So Feige was trying to pitch this kind of crap hoping the Disney board wasn't aware of the bad sales of characters like Ironheart and Ms. Marvel in the comics. Well, Bob Chapek was on the ball. He was already aware of Feige's plans. He had done his due diligence and knows this a losing strategy," says Doomcock. "[Chapek] called Feige on it, but Feige still had too much juice to be derailed in his disastrous course but Chapek is, according to sources, taking the long view and playing for [inaudible]," says Doomcock. "Chapek knows Feige is trying to use the original heroes to prop the underperforming third-rate heroes that appeal to SJWs and no one else."

2. Xerobull

continued....

[​IMG]

Bob Chapek doesn't want Iron Man to be another The Last Jedi

Regarding Star Wars, it's further claimed that Bob Chapek is dead set against Kevin Feige ruining the Marvel characters similar to how Star Wars ruined Luke Skywalker, that Chapek didn't particularly want Tony Stark and Iron Man destroyed (my thought: Chapek may want to "James Bond" Iron Man with another actor instead of replacing Iron Man with a woke substitute) and that Chapek may be using a recent copyright lawsuit to block Feige's plans.

"So apparently, Chapek is using the lawsuit to prevent Feige from artificially inflating the success of these projects by incorporating and exploiting the actual star characters, ruining them in the process," explains Doomcock. "For example, Chapek reportedly doesn't want to see Tony Stark degraded in an Ironheart series like Luke Skywalker was degraded in The Last Jedi, in order to artificially boost the status of Riri Williams as a cheap shortcut to popularity. For one reason, it doesn't work, and it just leaves the original popular hero degraded, damaged, and devalued. In other words, Kathleen Kennedy and Ruin Johnson wanted to degrade Luke Skywalker, make him grovel and suck on space manatee teets and bump him off as a way of making Rey the 'bestest' ever. And so degrading Tony Stark with a flashback, a hologram, or a simulation to make Riri Williams the 'bestest' Ironheart ever isn't going to wash with Bob Chapek, if this rumor is true."

Doomcock continues, "So Chapek is taking steps to foil Feige by pointing to the recent lawsuit involving ownership of the original Marvel characters to say, 'No, Kevin. You can't use the original heroes to prop up the shitty characters you're bringing into these movies until this copyright lawsuit is settled.'"

It's claimed that while Tony may be featured as a hologram in Ironheart that he won't be referred to as Iron Man in any way until the lawsuit is settled.

"Chapek gets cover for what he wants to do, protects the integrity of Iron Man, and foils Feige's plans to pull the 'bestest' ever over on Tony, and thus the feud is allegedly raging on," says the popular YouTuber.

[​IMG]

Scarlett Johansson backs Bob Chapek and Disney

Doomcock's source also suggests the recent lawsuit filed by Scarlett Johansson against Disney may have originated because of this feud in a "kind of 4D chess that Chapek is playing."

Doomcock's source says: "And just for fun, let me add one more thing in what I told you guys about ScarJo. Let's suppose Kevin and ScarJo's agent told Jo, 'Hey, you are going to lose a lot of money because Black Widow is on Disney Plus.' And let's say, instead of Jo being an idiot, she called Bob C. and they may have had a meeting, just those two, where Jo told Bob C. what Kevin and her agent had told her, and Bob C. told her to go along with it, and Kevin walked right into a carefully placed trap which he is still in."

Doomcock adds, "At which point my Hollywood source is asked, 'So you are saying Jo backstabbed Kevin?' To which the source replied, 'You guys are just going to have to figure that out [heh] for yourselves.'"

Worth a mention is that Scarlett Johansson and Disney have resolved the lawsuit and it was recently announced the Tower of Terror movie is still happening.

“I’m very pleased that we have been able to come to a mutual agreement with Scarlett Johansson regarding Black Widow,” Alan Bergman, chairman of Disney Studios Content, said in a statement at the end of September when the lawsuit was settled. “We appreciate her contributions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and look forward to working together on a number of upcoming projects, including Disney’s Tower of Terror.”

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

4. Buck Turgidson

Oh, well if Doomcock says it's true....

Andre0087, Lar, Deckard and 20 others like this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Woke
    SJW

I don't understand these terms?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the war on our entertainment needs to be over

don't want to see Speedy GonzalX

blue_eyed_devil, cmoak1982 and King1 like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Since I haven't really watched any of the movies yet, what exactly are people pissed about? I'm reading that article and I can't tell if it's the movies are just bad or that they're too "woke" (lol). It sounds like the article is blaming everything on "because they're too woke". Like, what was really bad about Captain Marvel? Just the premise that she was a female and beat up on some dudes? Or something else?

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dr. Doomcock?

Is it all burnt and shriveled up to the point where it's hidden behind mask and magic?

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. Xerobull

It's funny, but he pops up with a lot of good insider info.

10. Xerobull

Go to Target, find Fritos.

Deckard, Buck Turgidson and Blake like this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Doomcock sounds like a loser raging keyboard warrior. "Ruin Johnson" wow so funny.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I did not like the casting of a human to play ultron. Total bs. There are more than enough ******* robot actors out there who need work.

Lar, Amshirvani, OmegaSupreme and 2 others like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Mark Zuckerberg was in talks but dropped out when Disney shot down his plans to make Ultron the good guy

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What a stupid thing to write - As I wrote two years ago, Feige's woke approach is going to destroy the MCU, and according to this rumor (and box office receipts) that is exactly what is happening - as if Covid-19 never existed. Only people that turn off their brains when they digest "news" would take that seriously. You know... the Babylon Bee crowd.

TV/Movies aside - I think the stockholders and park enthusiasts hate Chapek don't they?

Whether you like the direction or not (I kind of don't generally) - Feige has made too much money to be stopped. Not that he CANT be stopped (Lucas was stopped). But he shouldn't be.

This "phase" wont last forever. It's just the latest part of a story that might last another 20+ years.

Reeko, Kim, FrontRunner and 4 others like this.
  15. Roscoe Arbuckle

Box office receipts don't lie, and that's the bottom line. Sorry your fake news tells you otherwise...

Yung-T likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Woke
    Broke
    Woke mob
    SJW
    Cancel culture
    Witch hunt
    Blahblahblahblah

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Domestically, for 2020 :

Shang-Chi is the #1 grossing film this year.
    Black Widow is #3.
    Eternals is #12 (and it just came out a week ago)

In 2019 :
    Captain Marvel was #5.

What receipts are you referring to?

18. Buck Turgidson

Love this

followed by this

dmoneybangbang, Ziggy and dookiester like this.
  19. Roscoe Arbuckle

Apparently y'all didn't read the article. Both Shang Chi & The Eternals are well below what was expected of them. FYI, The numbers won't have an uptick...

And Captain Marvel was so well received that the sequel will be called "The Marvels."
    And her screen time was 15 minutes in the 3 hour Endgame, ahead of only Valkyrie, Okoje and Wong.

Yeah, really looking good. But y'all keep thinking what you think.

#19 Roscoe Arbuckle, Nov 11, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    Entropy and Xerobull like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kevin Feige brought Marvel out of the rubble... im sure he knows what he is doing. whenever I hear the word 'woke" I want to log off the internet.

Reeko, Deckard, OmegaSupreme and 6 others like this.