1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pistons @ Rockets 11/10/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 9, 2021.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

EG needs to be shipped soon...while he's healthy. Josh needs more PT.

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Stephen Silas Sissy Pushover Friend way for Veteran Players to Bully them into the Lineup.

Rafael Stone needs to trade the Veterans and Especially Wood.

KPJ I think needs to be traded

KJ, Armoni, Josh, Usman all are better players

The Rockets can win games with a younger and more unselfish group

DeBeards and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If they were saying something intelligent, it might be worth a serious response. Green fanbois crying because their favorite player ONLY got 20 FGA's is just a joke.....even if they don't realize it.

5. Damion Laverne

12 missed free throws!!!

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  6. Damion Laverne

FREE THROWS, BRO

FREE THROWS, BRO

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Depends on who I'm in the room with.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Only thing I’ll say is kmj should be playing over house .

Now lemme proceed to give a 1 game scouting report

effort level was good.

Dumb mistakes were made .

I like nwaba and Gordon .

Theis gets out-talented too often and wood’s game is super inconsistent and usually weak on D .

If Garuba and sengun come along quickly that would be nice , but we need some more bigs .

kpj is 60/40 .. the way he moves on the court is quite nice . Shooting is janky , can sometimes finish . occasional brilliance in passing game . He set up house for a beautiful missed 3 .

Tate needs to work on ball handling and shooting . Really solid . Best player on team IMO .

green had a nice game . Was worried on a fall . Can mature into a star player .

Christopher gets an incomplete

and house gets a D ... gotta grade on a curve since first game back

anyone else play ?

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I thought Green showed plenty of potential tonight, had a good game. Wood started strong but then later on he went pretty bad and very greedy at times. If EG could play at his peak intensity when he's draining those long 3's more consistently he'd be so easy to trade. Porter had good moments, also had bad moments. He also needs to realise that Theis is not capable of catching a 2 ft no look pass and stop throwing them. Again, the main issue I've seen is with coaching, there's just no visible plan to anything we do.

D-rock, i3artow i3aller and BigM like this.
  10. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This is a team full of individuals playing for themselves with an imbecile as head coach. No good.

DeBeards, D-rock, Dobbizzle and 3 others like this.
  11. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I honestly feel bad for Wood in certain aspects. He is an elite PNR and PNP and vertical lob threat. He needs to be on a team with elite spacing and guard play. He’s ImO an excellent escape valve for any elite guard. But he just doesn’t do the things you need to win from the big spot. Instead of complaining about involvement in offense and touches he needs to set screens, play in space contest hard at the rim, move the defense and rip rebounds. Of course he’s not the showcase for the offense, we have new young guards that we need to develop. You shot jacking and going solo isn’t going to help them develop. If you’re going to win with them you need to let them initiate and you finish. But honestly it seems like he cares more about stats and role on offense than that.

D-rock and Dobbizzle like this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

because you are a KPJ fanboy. Numerous boneheaded plays that were inexcusable, bricking a bunch of free throws, and not running the team. He is a "PG" but our offense is dysfunctional.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The only shot attempts Green took was a lay up that was called a charge where Cade's heel was on the circle and 2 possessions we're the ball was dumped to him with like 3 seconds left.

That's why they meant. Green in none of the possessions in the 4th was involved in the play BEFORE the play broke down.

Is that explicitly stated enough for you? Or do you need me to break down in more simple terms?

BigM and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It actually could be. It’s something to watch out for. Will they? Probably not, but it’s definitely possible. This is a legitimately terrible basketball team right now.

D-rock and houston19519 like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know the stats but Sengun is our best rebounder, easily.

I understand Wood not being a good rebounder but Theis man...

D-rock likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you'd have had more empty possessions just so he could chuck a bit more?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I enjoyed myself at TC, so I’ll take it

the team just looks so disjointed and discombobulated on offense, it’s very apparent

KPJr has terrible body language after turnovers or when he messes up in general

Green had his moments of excitement and production…wish he had a better 4th quarter tho to cap off his night

Cade will be very good…all that talk about him having zero athleticism, but he can get to where he wants, and he creates better looks for himself on a much more consistent basis than Jalen does, and Detroit is another team with terrible PG play and atrocious shooting/spacing…the only starting PG worse than KPJr is Killian Hayes

on to the next L

Ramo$e, Dopamine, Os Trigonum and 3 others like this.
  18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'm worried Silas is going to lose this team, and its not like we are contenders. We have a bunch of young guys who want to play and Silas doesnt really show authority and stability in whatever system hes trying to build.

Maybe a coach with more maturity is what we need, dunno...time still left for Silas to adjust

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think Cade have super star potential. He plays a really smart and methodical game. He made a lot of good passes that just didn't convert. He's very much in control, he needs to clean up his shot, and shot selection a bit.

20. BonziWellsGOAT

Context is for losers. Doesnt matter if he had to throw it up at the end of the shot clock