1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Simmons value is in the tank, it shouldn't require those picks. EGo or Wood straight up I'd be down for I think, probably not both

2. fattz

fattz Member

Simmons
    For
    Gordon / Wood / Porter & Protected FRR.

works for everyone

Wall / Green / Martin / Simmons / Sengun

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'd be happy to trade both of them.
    It's win/ win/ win in terms of player development.

For all the criticism, Simmons knows how to run an offence. He can play off the ball in the half court sets. He is an outstanding defender at almost any position.
    Trading Wood and Ego opens up minutes to develop Sengun, and sees Simmons tasked as on-court general to help the development of KPjr as a PG and setting up Jalen Green for open shots.

Obvious con = refusal to shoot.

hongxingli likes this.
  4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Trading Wood and Gordon, and 1FRP would be enough but Morey is looking for the moon. Morey would love to have Gordon and a potential All Star in Wood would be good. But he will not trade him to Houston, i do know one thing he will not trade him to a Eastern Conference team....because Simmons would eat that team alive. Simmons can really shoot and working with Coach Lucas would be the BEST!! So, he is going to trade him to the West...we have the draft picks and skill players...

fattz likes this.
  5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Very thoughtful and realistic... Augustin is from NO, but played HS ball in Mo City & college ball at UT

I would also consider making it a 3 team deal by sending Satoransky to Memphis for Tyus Jones. Might have to include a SRP or two to sway Memphis because Tyus is playing great for them right now.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Give him the moon in Porter. He would fit well as their 6th man.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Porter has only got 86 games NBA experience - you don't just flush that based on what he showed last year. There have been nice glimpses this year amongst all the TOs... If you get a Simmons, it reduces the pressure on him a LOT. I could see the benefits...

I'm all for bringing in someone to take a bit of pressure of KPjr and to help get Jalen some open shots.

8. fattz

fattz Member

I think the moment he is paid big he will check out. I don’t have any faith in Porter at all. Moving on from Porter and receiving any kind of value in return is the way to go. Porter may have a stealer career but his inconsistency is more than concerning.

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, but I think there's a real chance someone bites on John Wall near the deadline here. The Knicks, Celtics, Clippers, Nuggets and Lakers all come to mind as possible candidates.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Where did you get “Simmons can really shoot”?

Corrosion likes this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Why will he check out. He has been nothing but professional since he got here. His defensive improvement is astonishing and even if he is not the answer at PG he could be a great combo guard. His turnovers have been going down, he’s at 30% 3 pt, but has been better in the past and has really nice form. His handles are really good. He is running a totally inexperienced team who are learning to play with each other.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I like Tyus a lot he'd probably be my first choice, but one advantage Sato would have is definitely size. Jalen Green has a body structure very similar to a young Curry, he is getting routinely abused on defense, Tyus Jones and Green would be a pretty tiny backcourt, Sato and Green on the other hand might be able to hold their own more often.

Sato has been a very solid player his whole career, a really good facilitator at 6'7, he's just not fitting in at all in NO right now, he could be a good target to help run the offense since Green/KPJ can't take 2 dribbles without turning it over.

Here's a trade proposal I saw for Tyus Jones today on RealGM that looks good

Toronto trades: Dragic/Watanabe/26 TOR 2nd
    Toronto gets: Augustin/Culver

Houston trades: Augustin/better of 24 BKN/HOU 2nd
    Houston gets: Jones

Memphis trades: Jones/Culver
    Memphis gets: Dragic/Watanabe/24 Bkn/HOU 2nd(best)/26 TOR 2nd

Raptors cut 8 mill in salary, move an unhappy Dragic, vet depth in DJ, kick the tires on Culver

Rockets get Jones

Grizz kick the tires on Dragic for a playoff run, lands a couple of 2nds

jch1911 likes this.
  13. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Bulls get:
    Gordon
    House

Rockets get:
    Coby White
    D. Jones
    Troy Brown

14. dmoneybangbang

How we feeling about Ayton? Suns may have to trade him instead of maxing him. I’m not sure what the market is for him. From Roxs perspective, I think he is a floor raiser and would somewhat lineup with the OKC pick situation.

I think we’d be swapping out Wood + pieces/picks for Ayton + cap fi.

#754 dmoneybangbang, Nov 10, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    steddinotayto likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'd be all over an Ayton trade but I doubt the Suns are going to trade him this season since they are in their own "Run it Back" season. Now things might change of course....untimely injury to Chris Paul or Booker...the team continues to underperform relative to last season's success....Sarver and his wife continually making the franchise look bad....

I'd trade them Wood and two 1sts for Ayton easily. An Ayton and Sengun front court is pretty interesting to think about

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I would rather just wait and get Duren in the draft who I think will be just as good as Ayton and has a higher ceiling. Then we can trade Wood and 1sts for a veteran all-star that is disgruntled or that would be a good fit at SF or PG (not giving up on KPJ though).

17. steddinotayto

Man if we're acquiring a disgruntled veteran I wonder how "gruntled" he'll be as the lead dog on this rebuilding team ;)

Corrosion likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

Yea, I think the Suns would prefer to go through the playoffs with Ayton.

That sounds like a reasonable trade but I’m just not sure if another team would offer more.

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

By the time we are trading for veterans we will be a destination. We are young, but have a boatload of talent and at least one high draft pick in 2022 and maybe another in 2023. If one of Green or KPJ pans out (Segun has already panned out) we are very well positioned to be contenders in 2 or 3 years.

20. steddinotayto

Oh I have no doubt the offers will come in for Ayton if he's available. Teams like the Warriors, Mavericks, Clippers, and Blazers in win-now mode and who also need an All-Star level center would enter the fray for his services. Rebuilding teams like us, San Antonio and Sacramento could use him as well. That's just only looking at the West. But in terms of returns to Phoenix, Wood is a pretty good bargaining chip as Phoenix gets in return a big man. I mean, if you're going to lose your starting center and you're in a win-now mode, you gotta either get a big man in return or have the chance to draft an NBA-ready big man right?

Some of those teams (like Golden State, Dallas, and Portland) might give some pause because they'll have to give him an extension next summer thereby putting their teams in the luxury tax realm.

dmoneybangbang likes this.