1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paolo Banchero vs Chet Holmgren

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MystikArkitect, Nov 9, 2021.

?

Chet "The Jet" Holmgren or Paolo "The Lambo" Banchero?

1. Holmgren

2. Banchero

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I can understand having the opinion that Chet has higher upside and Banchero has a higher floor, but I'd have to disagree with their offensive capabilities being equal.

I think both guys have a ton of skill for their size/age, but Banchero is far more polished as a scorer and his frame allows him to capitalize on his skills more consistently than the rail-thin Holmgren. I think Banchero has 28-30ppg upside (potentially), while Chet strikes me as a guy likely to top out around 20ppg. It's obviously early to make those predictions, but I'm pretty certain Chet's frame will always hinder him in that regard.

Think about Porzingis, who's taller and not as thin as Holmgren. After his first few seasons flashing a ton of skill for a 7'3" guy, people assumed he'd eventually grow into a legit #1 option...but he never has, and a large reason is because he's never learned how to get easy buckets on a consistent basis, which goes back to his lack of strength/physicality. He is a solid #2 (maybe best suited as a #3?), but I see Holmgren having the same problems, as his frame is even skinnier.

But yeah, I'd be happy with either. If Jalen Green starts showing future #1 option potential, I'd be fine with Chet. But as of now, I'd lean Banchero, who has franchise player potential.

Astrodome and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. Harlem

Harlem Member

Bates will be 2023 draft. Bates vs. VW vs. Lively for that one

LCAhmed, palmsnbananas and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Porzingis doesn’t have the handle and drive capabilities that Chet has. Chet has guard/wing like potential on that side. Similar to Paolo. Paolo is more refined at this point, but I’m not seeing 30 ppg. I could see them both being lower to mid 20 ppg.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

To add to that. I just see it differently, Paolo isn’t a franchise player imo. Strong number 2.
    Chet has top 3-5 player in the league potential. Giannis/KD hybrid upside

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm down to draft any player with the name Chet. Destined to be a star.

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I don’t give a CHET if we end up losing every game this year.

The Real Shady likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Buck Turgidson

You're stewed, buttwad.

The Real Shady likes this.
  9. futilman

futilman Member

Did I tell a fortune? I gave an opinion on a board..

10. Buck Turgidson

3 is the magic number. De la Soul said so

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Who do you prefer? I’m leaning toward Holmgren. He’s an absolute freak of nature body wise. If he can bulk up some, he’s gonna be a problem.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I’m leaning towards bringing back John Wall so this team can win 33 games and might get into the playoffs. F*** tanking; embrace mediocrity!

/s

13. TimDuncanDonaut

Q: Chet Holgrem or Paolo Banchero?
    A: Yes.

14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I just hope we get a top two pick. Lottery system is so frustrating.

15. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

I personally like Banchero, but I think Chet may be better for this team because of his potential on defense, though I was very impressed with Paolo’s defense on the perimeter. But I have to admit the main thing that scares me about Chet is his size, he just gives me Porzingis vibes and I just have a feeling he may have injury issues down the road. It’s tough to be injury free when your that tall, lanky, and talented

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree man, but when you watch him play he’s got some dog in him. Now that could lead to more injuries. We will see how the season plays out. They have a legit schedule.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Chets a ****ing dog. I love his attitude to the game. He’ll challenge every shot and let you hear about every make he puts up. The kids a hooper. We’d be lucky to have either. Would help open up the game for jalen going forward.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I think he fits it great with Green and Sengun personally

i3artow i3aller, burlesk and BallaDoc like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which one has the most toxic fanbois? That's the one I want for the lulz.

20. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I keep going back and forth. Chets ability to completley lock down the paint and play the PNP/ Hub would pair insanely well with the both of them.

but Paola is so freaking smart. He hits every defensive rotation correctly. His footwork to get into his moves is exceptional. He also can pop out and hit the three. He’s smart and strong as **** with a shot.

whoever we get we’ll be lucky. This draft is full of big wings and bigs. Guys like Jabari Smith, pat Baldwin, AJ griffin, mark williams are others to watch outside of 1a/1b