1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 3, 2021.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Jalen Green getting 32 mpg and Sengun 19?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey***********************************************************t.

EDIT: JVG wouldn't play Sengun at all. "You 5? Me fired."

#1341 ROXTXIA, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

I love this man. Going into the draft there were questions about Sengun's defense and whether or not he would even be average, defensively, in the NBA but it looks like he's got potential to be a plus defender. If he maintains that level of defense and continues to get acclimated to the NBA on the offensive end....just wow

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Alperen Sengun, Jaesean Tate are All NBA Defense

Alperen Sengun deserves All NBA Rookie Defense this year

Also Rookie First Team

His hard work and diving on the floor, drawing charges, rebounding, passing

Dovahkiin, hakeem94 and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

At this point he's looking like an efficient 18/10/4asst/2blk/2stl (on 14 shots or less) with better strength/fitness and decent defense by his 3rd season which is so promising for us. He looks like the perfect future 3rd best player on a championship team, great IQ, efficient, adds another dimension (high post, low post plus passing from there). Who knows maybe even a second best player, the kid is motivated and talented.

jayydela, Dovahkiin, DaDakota and 6 others like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thank you man, its soooo encouraging, i was wondering what the graph meant

i hate theses graphs and never understand them

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

More Sengun fun:

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?f...e=Base&section=teams&sct=plot&CF=dsc*R*sengun

Takeaways:

1. Watch the clips where he finds Wood for an easy dunk. Dude just has awesome awareness and, with his height, he's able to get passes to only where Wood can catch them.
    2. Just like what I and some others have wanted: Put Sengun at the top of the 3 point line and let him go to work. He'll find the open man coming off of the baseline for a corner three or he'll take it into the paint and find an open teammate around the 3 point line.
    3. Of his 24 assists so far, 9 of those resulted in a made 3. That's 38% of his assist total right there. The other bulk of his assists? 13 of the 24 were to teammates around (0-5FT) the basket, 54.2% of the time.

Corrosion, Dovahkiin and hakeem94 like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Sengun falling to where we could nab him......so awesome.

Makes me less concerned that Jalen Green might not, might not, live up to the #2 pick status.

#1349 ROXTXIA, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

IT WAS A MIRACLE

HE MUST BE A CHOSEN ONE

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

He's the reason why I'm not hitting the panic button on Green after every bad shot or bad turnover or when Mobley or Barnes has a good game. Sengun could very well be the rookie that develops into our franchise player or maybe be the 2nd one with Green. Who knows but at least Sengun has shown everyone that he's going to be, at the very least, a very good starter in the league.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Sengun is...
    T H E
    G O O D S

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Hire LUIS SCOLA as a big man's coach..ASAP !!

DD

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Scola isn't the only person I'd be throwing money at to help develop Sengun, if I was Tilman I'd be throwing as much money as I could at Dream now we have a prospect with the footwork and instincts to learn what he can teach...

hakeem94 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Ouch. Jalen. Only the other Jalen is struggling even more.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep, but Dream was an elite athlete, neither Sengun nor Scola were great athletes they are both just smarter and play harder - they compliment.

DD

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

did i read the graph well if i understand it to mean JG is the second worst rookie both offensively and defensively?

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Of course Dream was an elite athlete, but that's not what he'd be teaching Sengun, we don't live in a world where only people with identical traits can learn from each other, that'd be silly. What Sengun has shown he has the potential to learn is how to operate effectively in the post and use his footwork to get his own way. Considering how little post play is used these days (and how little anybody has to defend elite post play) I think if you had Dream teaching Sengun how to play the post the way the greats did with real counters and fakes, he'd be pretty unstoppable. You can see by the way he moves in the post that he has the instinct and timing for it, why not get him direction from the best?

edit: forgot to add. Sengun might not be an elite athlete, but I bet he'd do a million times better at learning how to use his footwork to score than "elite athlete" Dwight Howard did learning from Dream...

hakeem94 likes this.