1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood... Would you trade him? (Fit seems off)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slabhurta3, Oct 7, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They'll never get a decent coach during the season, it takes tons of time interviewing them.

You probably get another assistant coach to fill in temporarily to finish off season which is about the same.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Clutchfans are Bots

EXECUTE CLUTCHFANS.PROG:
    IF AGE > 21:
    TRADE / CUT
    IF AGE <= 21 AND LAST_GAME_PERFORMANCE = BAD:
    Print("The experiment is over")
    IF PLAYER = BEN_SIMMONS:
    Print("Savior of the franchise")
    ELSE:
    Print(Sengun's_translator.jpeg)

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

we should trade or send wall home and not allow him to poison the youngsters...i see his signature all over theis team

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I've been against trading Wood for the most part but I do have to wonder what you can get for him .... and don't tell me Ben Simons.

Early lotto picks or no thanks.

D-rock, YOLO and dragonwill like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wow what a fantastic excuse to not fire silas!
    you are very creative....
    if youre a good GM you should already have your new coach interviewed, negotiated and ready to sign, if not, well then it is about the same.

6. napalm06

Dwight Howard faints

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am here to stay a beanstalk.

8. TimDuncanDonaut

Y U no indent your code?!

The catch all ELSE is pretty dope.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, only if you think it is an excuse.

Because every good guy is being snatched by rival teams.

You think they are all unemployed?

10. napalm06

Can't use tab on phone at lunch. Too lazy.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

It's been mentioned on a number of occasions. CW's age just doesn't align with this rebuild from scratch. It makes much more sense for him to be dealt at some point before he eventually walks anyway after next year.

larsv8 and ElPigto like this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Really? I don't see anybody playing like Wall played in his career. Nobody coming close to averaging 10 assists a game as the main facilitator in the squad. You are aware that Bradley Beal became who he is and got the stats he got playing with Wall, right? If KPJ fit the Wall mould then we already know that dynamic works for a slim, scoring 2 guard...

13. dmoneybangbang

I really do like Christian Wood and wish he had his head together when we drafted him in the Harden era….

But… leading the Rockets in all or most categories is like being one of the tallest midgets. Nikola Vucevic on the Magic had a similar impact on his team. I’m really uneasy paying Wood, which is coming up fast.

xaos, Corrosion and Dobbizzle like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, I would make sure he gets a shot in the first 2 minutes of every game - big men need to feel engaged......just let him shoot first. you need him rebounding and being involved.

DD

D-rock likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wood's got to go. His attitude is Toxic to the young guys.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Be realistic man, Christian Wood is a decent player that can put up good stats. He could be a really good complimentary player, but on this current Rockets squad, he is technically our number 1 guy, and he just isn't that type of player. No amount of good coaching is going to make him that number 1 guy. Green, maybe he will be a number 1 guy someday, but clearly he isn't ready for that role yet. KPJ, he will likely never be a number 1.

The way I see it personally is that we are currently in development mode. This team is not losing on purpose, this team is just not good enough. As predicted before the season, we will likely be in a lot close games, but our inexperience will prevent us from closing out many games, which is what has happened thus far (besides the blow outs). If I thought Christian was the future, I would be 100% with you, but he isn't. Whether you like it or not, and I know you don't, we are in re-building mode. That doesn't mean that we have to lose purposely, but reality is that because we are young and don't have the strongest coaching staff, therefore we are going to lose a lot.

I'm not necessarily a Ben Simmons fan, but I do realize that our biggest issue right now is controlling our turnovers (+missing free throws). Ben is an excellent defender, rebounder, floor general, etc. He is actually someone that we can use to avoid stunting KPJs and Jalen Green's growth. I think KPJ would be much better off as a 3, while allowing Green to stay as a 2, and Simmons to the 1. We could move Tate back to the 4, since Simmons' length would allow us to not be undersized and we can keep Theis as our 5 while Alp keeps improving. Wiggins can be the 6th man. My idea is to balance this team a little more and put Green and KPJ in better situations to succeed. Wood is actually a black hole in this offense right now, and despite his nice stats, is not really helping us out on the win column.

Wood is expiring next year, my guess is that this year will be the highest his value will be, considering that he can be a good complimentary piece to a team like GSW and that he will be on a value contract for one more year.

You can't always look at the present, you have to be able to envision the big picture. We aren't going to be a playoff contender this year nor next, so why not try to provide your young talent the best opportunity to succeed. We are stuck with Silas due to Tilman being cheap, I don't want to be stuck with Wood.

#376 ElPigto, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    D-rock, dmoneybangbang and xaos like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Hate to say it but I'm slowly moving towards that line of thinking ..... But I still need a kings ransom to get me to the table.

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Once again, thanks J.R.

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Christian Wood is smart enough to know how to say the right thing, and he’s talented enough to even lead a team at times, but there’s just something about his demeanor that is holding him back. He needs to get back to playing hard and with a chip on his shoulder, like he did when he first got here, and stop whining so much. And he needs to hit his mother ****ing free throws! Do that, and he’ll be back on my good side again.

D-rock likes this.