1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

The worst part is that Pistons were dumb enough to draft Cade first gifting us Mobley, except the front office overthinked it and drafted Green.

Green isn't some horrible prospect as he has shown flashes of volume scoring. But let's be real here, what is his realistic ceiling in the best case, some 25/5/3 guard like Zach Lavine? They pretty much have the same athleticism also.

Mobley is already an All-NBA level defender. Unless Green turns into Kobe or Michael freaken Jordan, this draft pick was a massive fail. We know deep down in our heart that Green ain't Kobe or MJ.

James.B.H, Scarface281, rhee and 9 others like this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

We might have potentially passed on an athletic Tim Duncan while drafting Zach Lavine. Sad.

rhee and BigggReddd like this.
  3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Hypebeasts and casuals drafted Green. Every single comment on every Rockets Instagram/Facebook/Twitter post for two months leading up to the draft was "DRAFT GREEN!!" "Smh if y'all don't draft Green I'm done" "GREEN BABY JORDAN!!!"

Tilman saw all that noise and made his move. It'd be dumb to think that Fertitta and Fertitta Jr. didn't have a hand in this. It was nothing but a media play, Green has the big star personality. Clutchfans can partly blame themselves for the dumb noise they generated. And I don't care if it's all part of a bigger plan to get Chet or Banchero, because when both of those guys aren't as good as Mobley we'll be stuck with our d*cks in our hands.

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

When I said that Mobley gives off Tim Duncan vibes before the draft I was absolutely dogpiled and spat on by this board. Now, the name "Tim Duncan" is thrown around when talking about Mobley on national television.

This board purposely misinterpreted Mobley (example: ass is too tall, mentality isn't there) to further push their boy Green. As if long legs and a Tim Duncan/Kawhi-like demeanor aren't positives.

5. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

He is more like Garnett on D, Bosh on O. Not too much like Duncan but regardless, his defensive awareness at this age is beyond absurd.

Duncan never really defended the wing like KG.

Mobley is leading the freaken league in contested 2's and 3's.

I love our boy Sengun who will be one of the better players in the draft, but if we asked him to contest like Mobley, he would be out of the game in 5 minutes with fouls.

Jontro, clos4life and BigggReddd like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wish Green was playing like Zach Lavine.

gah, Jontro and clos4life like this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's too busy eating to fairly evaluate a prospect.

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lmao. This is ridiculous

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yes let’s take Mobley while having Senguen and wood lol.

I like to see a coach actually run an offense or plays for green. Why is green relegated to staying the corner all the time?

Jontro likes this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

Talent over fit. Even then, Cavs have a really large front court: Jarrett Allen, Evan, Markkanen (6'11) and KLove. They're loaded in front court bigs and they're making it work. Cavs bottom 5 last year in league; this year they are #6 in the east right now.

I said this before; Mobley doing well doesn't mean Jalen Green can't succeed here. I don't know what the answers are, but Rockets and Jalen will have to figure it out. Not much we can do but be patient.

#2210 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Jontro and Roomba like this.
  11. clos4life

clos4life Member

I too hoped to get Mobley and so did many others. Nothing to do now but hope JG pans out.

Jontro and BigggReddd like this.
  12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Patience, every online sports fan's virtue :p

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The same people are the ones who proclaimed him a franchise altering player before.... wait for it..... not waiting for any time passed.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I thought always draft for BPA

jiggyfly and palmsnbananas like this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

First they need to focus on his shot. His shot form/mechanics doesn't produce consistently good results. So that's something to look deeper into. If he needs to change he needs to.

Then coaching staff needs to figure out where/how JG can get his good shots up. Like that floater looked nice.

Set up screen/movement plays for him to slash/cut to the basket and dunk

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

suggs is it. but i mean... mobley aint so bad either

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

don’t let Stone off the hook if this pick is a flop BigggReddd

jiggyfly, BigggReddd and mario_v like this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This thread makes me feel like I didnt invest in bitcoin at the beginning. Make it stop pls!

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We would have taken Cade over Mobley as well. You cannot blame it on us "overthinking" when we had two guys on the board above Mobley, both of which seem to look like they were mistakes.

20. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Mobley has a smaller learning curve than Jalen from his player position alone.

10 games in and everybody is decided on how these kids will pan out smh

csnerd84, King1 and fchowd0311 like this.