1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. csc177

csc177 Member

Was salty watching that game. Young Chris Bosh in the making ....AN EFFORTLESS 26 and impacted winning. The vets on the team definitely helping with his development but damn...the comparison right now with JG is lopsided.

Milos and DaDakota like this.
  3. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

But with Mobley Rockets wouldn't be able to tank successfully.

4. VoR

VoR Member

Mobley looked good tonight, but I still prefer Green. I especially liked that he stretched the floor with that 2-4 from 3.

5. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Mobley is nice but every time he does good, this thread gets bumped. I really hope we can just appreciate Green without all the silly comparisons every time one of the other top rookies does good

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Mobley leads the league in contested shots. He has a clear case for DPOY. The gap between him and Gobert is the gap between Gobert and #33 on the list.

[​IMG]

Milos, BigggReddd and clos4life like this.
  8. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I can't don't get how the Cavs can get LeBron, draft Irving (who is a pretty good #1 pick), waste a pick on Bennett , then luck into Mobley.

clos4life likes this.
  9. mario_v

mario_v Member

If he can consistently create off the dribble like a guard, then the rockets ****ed up.

Crashlanded19, palmsnbananas and Easy like this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My apologies to all the Mobley Mob in this thread.

tbf to me… lol… I did want them both, but definitely had more concerns about Mobley than Jalen. Even looking at today’s highlights in the Twitter clip above, I’m watching and thinking it just seems so “slow”, it’s like slow robotic type motion. Not that athleticism trumps things just that we’ve seen lots of bigs just really struggle with the speed of the nba.

but it’s clearly the opposite. He’s not fazed and his speed works for him. Jalens speed is working against him at the moment.

so @Bobbythegreat @D-rock … and whomever else …. remind me next draft to just say whomever you guys want :)

Caveats: I will change my mind and say I was right all along if JG tuns into a multi-time all star guard!

#2190 JayZ750, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Milos, JayGoogle, jogo and 4 others like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because the team drafting 2nd got played by people who watch YouTube Dunk highlights.

DD

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

this isn’t entirely true. JG … can’t shoot.

nothing on YouTube, g league, summer league or otherwise indicated that.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

But Sengun is playing better tonight

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

can't judge for another 5-6 years

15. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

you do realize he's still 19 right? And we are not even 10 games in yet. You can't say who the right pick was for another few yrs at the earliest...by your logic griffin was way better than harden, stephen curry, demar derozan

16. HRox832

HRox832 Member

You’re way too judgmental and forming an opinion already based off of 10 games is extremely premature. 19 year olds don’t always start off with a bang. Considering you’ve been watching the NBA for several decades, I thought you’d have a more open mind but nope.

King1 and DCHAMP like this.
  17. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I mean Mobley is making a lot of people look real dumb

I love the let’s wait until “x amount of time crowd”
    First it was its only one game, then it was 10 games then it’s all star break then it’ll be 3 yrs then 5 then they’ll pretend they wanted to draft Mobley to begin with

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Once again, we shoulda drafted Mobley. Hoping JG develops but right now he has no bag and Mobley is a defensive unicorn.

19. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

People that are saying "wait this amount of time" are not denying mobleys talent..all that is being said is its still far too early..by the logic youve applied to say mobley is the better overall player because they look better earlier is like saying blake griffin will be a better player than harden, curry, derozan because he looks more polished so far..not saying mobley is griffin just saying you cant say any of that crap yet because its too early...mobley will be a star

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

We should have drafted Mobley.

tycoonchip likes this.