1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/6/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

We dont have to lose every game. You dont want rookies who we want to be good someday to give up.

Manny Ramirez, roxallways and cheke64 like this.
  2. Iknako

Iknako Member

Wtf... why can't anybody throw mid range shot in this team? Silas what's going on? Why didn't you take timeout? İn the end Lay up and block..****.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Sengun

Sengun Member

Someone says KPJ has tons of potential. Since I signed up for this board in the summer, I have read this kind of messages for him many times. Actually, he has tons of joke. Really waste of time. It's nonsense to try make a point guard from a player whose has low BBIQ. The maximum he can be is a backup shooter.

Sorry about your hopes but these are facts.

Crashlanded19, vator and ashleyem like this.
  4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I was expecting a timeout right after the miss. It actually felt weird watching that last sequence. It was like when Tmac scored 13pts in 35seconds and he got the ball from Devin Brown but this sequence I just knew this wasn't going to end well. lol

Also I want to state for the record....I wasn't even mad or surprised when Aaron Gordon hit that shot, it's really been that kind of start to the season.

#964 Ramo$e, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    Joe Rocket, BigShasta and vator like this.
  5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I have a big issue with the no timeout. You need to draw a play there and get shooters into the game.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the offensive genius!

7. conquistador#11

Rockets once up by 5 like, yeah we know how to play basketball
    [​IMG]
    only to follow it up by a1 minute of wtf moments.
    Should be 4-5 with a legit pg.
    Growing pains.

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Pick and pop shooting
    Pick and roll
    Open 3 pt shooting

Do not do anything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bad possessions at the end killed our chances - at some point the team has to realize that (1) KPJ is not a PG and barely a basketball player and (2) Silas is not a head coach. This team will be awful until these two problems are fixed. As far as I’m concerned, I’d trade KPJ for any 2nd or 3rd string PG just to watch us run a decent play in pressure situations.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

@Jalen Green OnlyFan

DeBeards likes this.
  11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Players can call timeouts.

12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

NOW THIS IS WHERE THE TEACHING STARTS ON GAMES LIKE THIS. IT IS NO SUBSTITUE FOR HUSTLE AND GOOD FUNDAMENTAL PLAY. Rockets have earned free-throw attempts but they have to convert them 16 of 24 tonight. They have a resilient attitude they gave the Nuggets more than they were expecting. They played good defense however the lack of execution on missed layups and dunks by our starting backcourt plus some untimely Wood turnovers were there undoing. Theis,Sengun and Tate played solid today. Silas needs to go and give the team to John Lucas so that he can teach them they way they need to play. The assistant coaches don't appear to do anything in the game to coach these guys hard

Ramo$e and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'm still having a hard time expecting this team to win at the most 20 games. A game like this one actually gave me some hope that there's enough improvement that maybe they will win closer to 30 games than 20 games. But reality called and said that is not going to happen. Count me as another person who is ready to move on from Stephen Silas. It's bad enough that we are going to be bad but we don't need a guy like Silas trying to develop these dudes. My 12 year old son probably could do just as well as him.

hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

midrange would be perfect here!

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He can but coach told him not to

Ramo$e likes this.
  16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

right on

17. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Rockets fans really out here wanting 1-81.

Phillyrocket and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  18. Rockets4Life13

94-89, you take Green out to try and get a win and then you go scoreless and lose.

I‘m not mad we lost, we should never be in a position to win this game. But taking away those moments from your #2 pick is inexcusable, even worse that we lost anyway. Silas once again looking like a fool.

Mr Woods, hakeem94 and Manny Ramirez like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Theis played great in winning time, but sengun is the brain of the team. he has to be out there because everyone is so dumb.

20. WestendMassive

Silas had the opportunity to give Green more reps in crunch time against a good team with a chance to win and he decides Chris Wood fumbling the ball all the way up the court in slow motion is the best chance to win.

Good job, good effort, *******. Dent the confidence of your #2 pick and lose the game. But hey, at least Steve is such a nice guy, we've still got that going for us, which is nice