1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Travis Scott Astroworld festival disaster

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ferrari77, Nov 6, 2021.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

More footage of him performing even after seeing the ambulance trying to get through.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vegas had 100K for EDC and those kids were way more drugged out
    Nothing happened like this

I hate to blame the kids and the artist and the today’s culture but it’s true

the dumb tiktok video for being at the front row to an autotune rap show ain’t worth it

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Not a fan of him personally, but I cant really blame him. Im sure hes done many shows and has seen many people pass out and get carried out in his time as a performer.

My question is why wouldnt Houston Police storm the stage for the sound engineers to shut off the music for a brief time while they tried to get it under control.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yep.

I think a lot of it depends on the drugs, though. Seems like you hear so many stories of bad batches out there nowadays.

Sounds like a terrible time, all around.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Drugs and alcohol are at every large festival, and have been since the sixties. But, you rarely see a disaster like this. It’s the organizers responsibility to do what needs to be done to keep people safe. From the moment the gates opened, crowd control was a problem.

Lar and tinman like this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Shutting the concert down would have caused a riot
    You got to know your crowd
    It’s not Dolly Parton

RasaqBoi and Xerobull like this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

I agree. I think the crowd was a huge problem. Not organizing. Not keeping it under control, and then, as I said, sounds like some group had a bad batch of drugs that caused a mass panic with an already unruly crowd.

A concert like that, you're standing there, and you see people dropping, you're gonna think there's a shooting in this day and age, and you just didn't hear the shots, because loud music, after all. Then, you're gonna panic and run.

It was definitely crowded and poorly managed, already, but the rest of a recipe for disaster. At least it wasn't as bad as it could have been, thankfully.

As I said, you hear about so many bad batches of drugs these days, this was only a matter of time. All it takes are those things for something like this to happen. (Poorly managed, overcrowded concert and a mass OD incident)

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

+1.

The problem with street drugs is that they aren’t regulated and manufactured under dubious circumstances. The only control is reputation. You can get anything in a pill when shady character x sells it to you. If one guy comes in with 1k bad pills and sells them all, you’re going to have a disaster.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Also the ugliest venue of all time
    Basically the parking lot of NRG

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. Xerobull

I’m not up on my street slang but doesn’t drip = bling?

I need to go to a Travis Scott festival and investigate.

[​IMG]

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

RIP to those who passed. Read that a 10 year old died. Just tragic.

Scarface281, King1 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Exactly.

Without stepping into D&D waters too much, regulate the drugs, get some taxes from them, and it'll fix some things. Less ODs, less crime.

Phillyrocket and Xerobull like this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Wow, that's an awesome auto correct. I fixed it. Should have been "dropping". But I think you're right. I'm basically Steve Buschemi in this context, as well.

14. Xerobull

Right. Most (unadulterated) club/party drugs are less harmful than alcohol but I’ll digress.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

I’ve never been to one of these events with 50,000 people standing in a parking lot with the mosh pits and crowd surfing. I know I’m old and all, but that’s not my idea of a fun time.

Rashmon, JayZ750, Squirtle and 5 others like this.
  16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

travis scott is going to get the s*** sued out of him. i cant believe he continued to perform when he clearly saw ambulances going into the crowd and people being carried out. what a stupid a***hole.

hundreds of gate crashers that i saw on that video - how many more got in? it was clearly over capacity and the staff had no control over the crowd.

and all those stupid a**holes jumping on and blocking EMT vehicles trying to cart people away.

scenes like this give me little hope for the future - its unbelievable that there are this many stupid, selfish a**holes out there.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Doesn’t explain the bum rushing of the security lines
    It’s the intersection of today’s hip hop and social media and the entitled youth
    You paid for a ticket to a show so you feel like you don’t have to follow the rules
    Failure on many levels

Rodman23, Xerobull and Two Sandwiches like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I think of the name "Astroworld" I think of as a kid riding rides and eating cotton candy or as one of my first jobs selling foot long chili dogs. Very very sad that so many will now think of that name with death and tragedy.

RKREBORN, NewAge, Scarface281 and 3 others like this.
  19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's also a tragedy that any parent would bring their 10 year old child to a Travis Scott festival

20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The whole thing was a gigantic failure. Sad for the victims.