1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Dubose AKA The Cat deleted his Twitter account?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Awww ****. Get your pistols ready

2. ragnarh77

ragnarh77 New Member

LOL Twitter isn't for the faint of heart. Don't wander into that space if you can't handle it. And if you do, why would you care what rando internet tough guy would say?

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Perhaps you missed the part where he said people get so butt hurt about someone disagreeing with them they go after their employment and even make up lies in attempts to get them fired…for mere disagreements. It’s actually those people that have no business on social media. Social media is terrible for our society because humans are generally pretty terrible when given any degree of anonymity. I don’t blame Zuckerburg or Jack though. It’s on us.

Invisible Fan, jiggyfly and The Cat like this.
  4. ragnarh77

ragnarh77 New Member

Oh, I got that part. Society is awful. People get in fights over chicken sandwiches, what do you then expect would happen in a place where people can be anonymous? I'm not justifying it but it comes with the territory of the online world.

5. Xopher

Xopher Member

Wait. Hold up. Dogs can get pacemakers? Damn I learn something new every day. Much respect you would do that for your dog.

6. Xopher

Xopher Member

As little as Joah is playing right now you would have 30 seconds of the same content over and over.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Dude can be terribly annoying. I know fandom is all about being a "fanatic" and whatnot but he takes blind homerism to obnoxious levels. Pretty sure he blocked me on twitter - a fellow long time Rockets fan - like 5 years ago for suggesting that perhaps blaming the refs for our playoff departure was a little hyperbolic.

Come to find out I wasn't the only one... shocker! No wonder he doesn't find twitter a productive place for his content - he blocks half of his own fanbase haha

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Lol, I know we're way off GARM subjects, but it floored me, too. I had no idea. Long story short: It's a senior dog who was having some near-fainting issues, we took her into the clinic, and we were prepared to put her down once they told us that it was a heart issue that wouldn't resolve itself.

She perked up immediately when they put her in one of the oxygen units, which certainly made it harder for us to put her down... and they told us that if we were interested, we could talk to Texas A&M about a potential pacemaker surgery. We were super skeptical, but we figured we might as well make the call and listen, and they told us that the prognosis is close to 100% normal if you do it. The only downside is that as with "human" pacemakers (it's basically the same thing), they typically run out after 5-6 years, and then you have to do another surgery to replace it. But in this case, since the dog was 12, that initial 5-6 year span is pretty much the rest of her life, anyway.

So it was basically either do the surgery, which has a near 100% chance of a positive outcome, or put her down. Insert "just take my damn money" meme, and to this point, she's doing perfect with it. Blew my mind, too.

ApacheWarrior and Xopher like this.
  9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Good lord, so many things to correct here.

1.) I don't think I've ever solely "blamed the refs" for a loss in my life. That's you putting words in my mouth. There are literally thousands of variables that determine the outcome of any given game. Let's take the classic 2018 WCF Game 7 as an example. If someone fires off a 280-character-or-less tweet criticizing Scott Foster, it does not mean that they do not also see 0-for-27 as being a factor in the result. This is not a zero-sum debate. You may not agree with the proportion to which I discuss the officiating variables on social media, and that's fine. There's people that annoy me, too! Just ignore/mute/block and move on.

Just call me annoying and leave the whataboutism strawman out of it. (For the record, I often emphasize the officiating errors because there's far less investment and transparency into how those mistakes are handled, relative to traditional "team" miscues.)

2.) LOL at acting like Twitter is unsuccessful for me. With over 22,000 followers, there aren't many on the Rockets beat with more. None bought, no "trades." My engagement metrics are as good as you'll find among Rockets media personalities. Many of those followers clearly enjoy having me on there. What I was saying is that Twitter is not the holy grail for news content referrals. This is not shocking or new information, and it applies across the board to content producers. Thus, if anyone reaches a point where Twitter is having a negative effect on them (even a media person), you can take a break without it significantly impacting your numbers. Spoiler alert: My bosses are quite satisfied with those numbers, which is why I've been in my current position for well over 2 years.

https://blog.parse.ly/facebook-continues-to-beat-google-in-sending-traffic-to-top-publishers/

3.) Yes, I do block a lot. I think more people should. None of us are paid to be on Twitter. It's a hobby that takes the place of things we could otherwise be doing with our time, so why not make it as enjoyable as possible? You said yourself that I'm "terribly annoying," which is certainly your prerogative to feel. So why do you need to tweet at me? Ignore me, unfollow me, mute/block if I'm still showing up on your timeline and annoying you. It is such an easily solvable problem! Quite frankly, blocking is a good thing for the person blocked, as well, since it lets them know that they shouldn't waste any more time on it.

Above all, I want Twitter to be a positive experience, and I think that should be the goal for anyone who spends time on it. It's clear that my presence wasn't positive for you, so what's the problem? There are plenty of people who have blocked me, it isn't a big deal. If it makes them happier, good for them.

There are undoubtedly people in "real life" who find me annoying, too. Yet, I don't think anyone has told me I'm "annoying" in 20+ years. They simply choose not to be friends with me, and life goes on. There's no reason that online needs to be different. If my style isn't for you, that's totally cool. There's no reason you need to scream it at me. Just follow and interact with who you like instead, that's all.

#89 The Cat, Nov 5, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh we don't need to confine it to what Josh Christopher does on the court. It can be content about who he's dating. What shoes he just bought. What his favorite meal is. How much his grandma loves him. I am up for all things Josh Christopher.

11. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

@The Cat destroying @Reeko on this board still an all time great moment. Dude literally ran way.

Squirtle likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Still making sh*t up alt account troll? Get off my dick loser. Yet another lame alt account who I live in their head rent free.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

topfive likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Who the **** gets a dog a pacemaker? Talk about white people problems.

Squirtle likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dedicated furbaby parents

16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Breaking them fools off my man. Nice.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Man, I get it. Twitter for me is about a few things…Spreading positivity, talking sports, and having fun cracking jokes. That said, I got into it with Frankie the Yankee a couple of weeks back because I just couldn’t take anymore of his nonsense regarding the Astros. I actually hated that it came to that, but I lost it.

Surprisingly enough there were a few Astros Twitter peeps that sided with him, and they tried to clap back too. I didn’t entertain them, my focus was on FtY, and I definitely got my point across.

You can only take so much before snapping sometimes.

The Cat and Squirtle like this.