1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pippen still jealous of Jordan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I'm not in his home so I don't know.... but what I can tell you is that a long time ago Scottie was known as a guy that regularly cheated on her and could be abusive at times.... and eventually she was cheating and abusive too.... so plenty of blame to go around, but it isn't like Scottie was sitting on the edge of the sofa with flowers waiting for her. Supposedly they do love each other to some degree but both want their own side deals... I don't know. I have an open marriage but haven't really ever used the pass so to speak.

Deckard and steddinotayto like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I mean . .. . look at his wife and her shenanigans

Rocket River

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Like I said months ago, you live a very interesting life @Nook

[​IMG]

Jontro and Deckard like this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

He's always projected small pp energy,

6. HardenVolumeOne

Anybody else think Christian wood looks like pippen

BigM, Jontro and Nook like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they bday’s 2 days apart too

8. Buck Turgidson

Great 2nd/3rd man on the wing, great defense full-court....

Big nose tiny penis.

9. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

You have a biased hate for his time in Houston, and not fairly solely looking at his run with Jordan. I guess you don't comprehend the blatant disrespect and mud slinging Jordan did on 'the last dance'. We can all have old transgressions brought up from the past. Anyone with a backbone would be highly offended with Jordan narcissistic criticism. Stop the immature hate.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well
    All Rockets fans who are real Rockets fans don't like Pippen

That's just a fact
    @Jontro
    @Os Trigonum

11. i3artow i3aller

12. Nook

Nook Member

Right, except the Last Dance should have been very Jordan centric..... because Jordan was by FAR the best player on that team and is the greatest basketball player to ever play. No one would give a damn about Pippen or Grant or Kerr without Jordan. That team wouldn't be remembered without Jordan. On the other hand, Jordan would have won titles on a number of teams.

I'm sorry that Scottie Pippen doesn't like that fact. Had Pippen played for the Cavs, he would be a Hall of Famer that no one really cares about. Kerr likely would have been forgotten, Kukoc would be nothing and Rodman would be a Hall of Famer but remembered for going off the deep end and being kicked off the Spurs by Pop.

The reality is Jordan WAS by far the biggest star and the biggest part of why those Bulls teams are remotely relevant.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

Exactly. Like, if there wasn't an MJ, there wouldn't have been titles 1-6 much less a "Last Dance" to speak of. Jordan's greatness was helped by many around him but let's not kid ourselves like he didn't:

-Spearheaded the coaching career of one of the (to me THE) greatest coach of all time.
    -Help elevate a kid from Central Arkansas' game to be one of the 50 greatest players of all time.
    -Help bring back a career on life support and revitalize a power forward's career that was in the absolute shitter by the end of his Spurs tenure
    -Make winners out of no name players and put them into position in becoming household names like Paxson, Kerr, etc.

Slyonebluejay, plutoblue11 and Nook like this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

#34 i3artow i3aller, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    Slyonebluejay, Nook and steddinotayto like this.
  15. steddinotayto

lol oh lord give it a ****ing rest, Scottie. Speaking from personal experience as the baby of the family, this dude is giving off massive youngest sibling vibes and it's made worse by the fact that he's nearing 60 years old.

Nook likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Nothing good is going to come out of this.

First, a flu can be pretty debilitating..... and yes a BAD herniated disc is worse than the flu, but herniated discs also change day to day sometimes.

Scottie needs to just let it go

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

F#ck Pippen

Jontro and Nook like this.
  18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

**** that quitter

Nook, Jontro and tinman like this.
  19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I feel like this is very nuanced. There are people who say Pippen was "painfully" underrated, as there are others that say he was "grossly" overrated. I think he has gotten due credit for the most part. You know he had #1 potential, but not like that. There are few franchise players he got the nod over on the first Dream Team and NBA's 50 greatest players. He didn't win any DPOY, but that's due to that era having alot of other great defensive players.

The Last Dance did throw alot of shade at him, which could leave a sour taste in his mouth. Also, on top of that, MJ was the greatest, but he certainly couldn't do it by himself, given it took the Bulls seven seasons to reach the NBA Finals and win. Pippen has soured grapes over the years, some warranted and some definitely not.

I know some, especially MJ stans will say, "...he didn't have a good team around him in the beginning," or "...The Bulls had to play teams, like Celtics, Bucs, Cavs, 76ers, or the Pistons." Exactly, my point. It's still a team sport, and you need one of the best teams to win championships year in and out. Most teams that win multiple championships had 2-3 go-to scorers and very well rounded supporting cast and a bench. It takes a few years to put all of that together. Most of the great moves that the Bulls made were in spite of MJ, even in 85/86. Krause was letting the team tank, so they could get a better pick. Which an injured MJ thought was cowardly, even though the team had very awful record with out of him and bringing him back to soon might've let to another injury. So, the team was being cautious and trying to get better players. Honestly, I don't see any harm with that, especially when teams, like Hawks, Pistons, and Cavs were steadily getting better and better through the draft.

Not saying Krause was perfect, but he was actually a decent GM and good scout for talent.

20. i3artow i3aller