1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are so lucky to have Jalen Green on this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Oct 31, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

1. KPJ is not it. You cannot develop 3 guys on the same team without good veterans that are not whining or having fun.
    2. Theis is a bona fide 12th guy and not a starter or valuable bench guy.
    3. Tate is a marginal starter to 7th guy but there should be better players, owe it to the fans to have better players.

I mean we can tank but at least try to put a more competitive team out there.

DeBeards likes this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's not really a known shooter. He had an okay shot in high school, that improved in the G League but still was really streaky. The form will be tweaked many times in the future imo, at least it has a great arc

D-rock likes this.
  3. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

All the Jalen Green slander proves this is a microwave impatient blind rage-hate society. The future is bleak for mankind if it continues at this degenerative rate.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

His best overall game, I think. Good to see it.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Green is going to be an adequate outside shooter, and I think he is going to be a good outside shooter.... so seeing him get hot and hit 3's doesn't do a lot for me. That is why the Boston game wasn't overly impressive to me. He got hot after being cold for awhile and he hit some 3's but did little else.... now THIS Lakers game was far more impressive to me because he did more than just get hot from outside, he was involved in the offense, he created for others and he drew contact. He had the rough outline of an all star or franchise player in how he played... he even defended well, and it was coming off a terrible game against this same team.

I don't expect perfection from Green, he had a lot of turnovers for example in this game, but that is expected from a 19 year old playing a team with 3 Hall of Famers on it. What I DO expect is him to have SOME positive impact on the game to go along with the negative of a young player. He did just that in the Lakers game and it should be really encouraging to Rockets fans.

Regardless of whether fans wanted Mobley or Barnes or Suggs - The Rockets got Green and everyone should be pulling for him to be the best of the group. We need to be realistic, but encouraging.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It boils down to an argument of 1 motion shot vs 2 motion shot. Curry uses a 1 motion shot and Jalen uses a 2 motion shot to elevate and get above the defender ala Ray Allen, Kawhi, Kobe. What will make Jalen special is that elite first step once the defender has committed to defending his outside shot.

Usually coaches will defer to whatever feels natural and comfortable for the shooter. Same for KPJ - his shot last year was horrifyingly bad looking, this year its cleaned up alot into a 1 motion shot.

#186 Verbal Christ, Nov 3, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  7. Nook

Nook Member

You should praise him, this is the first game this season where he showed that he can make an impact on the game beyond just getting hot from 3. He passed the ball well, he defended better and he was involved. Until this game he had never put all those things together.

Monkeychef02, Emtenndo, fattz and 7 others like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, I'll praise the hell out of Green for his performance last night. I wasn't as impressed with his super hot shooting night as I was last night. While sure he had 7 turnovers, the fact that he was doing some things other than just being hot shooting from 3 was what I was most interested in.

It's the same for KPJ. He had a poor shooting night, but he helped the team with 8 assists and by doing things on defense with 4 steals and a block, plus those things that don't show up on the box score.

Roc Paint, palmsnbananas and D-rock like this.
  9. 34to11

34to11 Member

This is what you do when you quietly know you have a limited window for such clueless assertions.
    They know time is not on their side. Half their shitty takes are looking hilariously absurd already.

Dobbizzle and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Maybe I am understanding it wrong but Green does have a 1 motion shot. It might not be the prettiest, but it's definitely not a 2 motion shot like Kobe or Kawhi.

He pushes it from his chest to his eye for the release in one motion

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't speaking about you.

Green is getting good tutelage. You can only lead a horse to water, but it seems Green is very thirsty.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jalen shoots at the apex of his jump. 1 shot shooting is releasing on the way up instead of at the end of the jump. Are you trying to describe the set point perhaps and where he is holding the ball?

heypartner likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Needs to be more consistent with these games - hopefully that happens more often, he looks more comfortable, however, the Lakers didn't really pressure our young guys - they seemed to be comfortable letting them hang around and win in the end.

And our D, my gawd the number of dunks and layups we gave up....yikes.

DD

fattz likes this.
  14. 34to11

34to11 Member

Makes sense since those two are the best playmakers on the active roster.

cmoak1982 and Verbal Christ like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have to know who is your No 1 prospect and that is not the Porter kid.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's Sengun, but what does that have to do with anything?

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. DaDakota

We don't know who the number 1 prospect is at this point....as much as people want it to be someone...it might turn out to be someone else.

The most consistent performer out of all of our young players is actually Kenyon Martin jr......

DD

Dobbizzle and So Saith Red like this.
  19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

One breakout game a week.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. DaDakota

It is a start, once we get to 2 or 3 a week, we are good!

DD

Dobbizzle likes this.