1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are so lucky to have Jalen Green on this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Oct 31, 2021.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

Sitting back thinkin about the Mobley fit….that’s how frustrated I am with Greens play thus far ( but I know its a ong game that takes patience)

clos4life likes this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

My fear is he is only practice from his experience vs growing from perfect practices. Getting better from expectations and reps. He can’t improve with out knowing exactly what to do and fine tuning ever step of the task. He doesn’t have NBA level skills to craft from yet, so getting his head kicked in every night could lead to drain damage. One learns to ONLY tread water or will die when thrown into the deep end and told to swim. Just because he has a nice suit and looks the part doesn’t mean the Olympics are in his future no matter how hard he practices if he is only practicing to survive. Maybe some swimming lessons from a qualified source is a more productive way.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I wonder if he is just not shooting well, because he's being weighed down by all the talking he did in preseason, to then come out and not be anywhere close to his own team's best rookie.

NewAge likes this.
  4. csc177

csc177 Member

I don’t understand how you only shoot 8 times? Like really? What “dog” player only shoots 8 times, there’s not stars to defer to on this team, no proven vets demanding touches.

this KID should have went to college.
    I feel like I’ve been hustled by a sleezy used car salesman.

DaDakota, NewAge, bmelo and 1 other person like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

whispers: he kinda sucks

“NBA ready”/“most ready” my ass…

Green fans watched YT highlights and said “Yup! He’s the one!”
    “Played against GROWN ASS MEN!” … LOL

“Needs time to adjust to the speed and physicality of the NBA”
    “Needs a few years to add muscle/weight”
    “Needs a few years for his offense to come around”

Oh? You mean you were talking about string bean Green this whole time?

Green & Green fans with all that hype, only to blame Stephen Silas, Christian Wood, Kevin Porter Jr. and everyone not named Jalen Green. … LOL

“It’s Stephen Silas’ fault! No coaching! No system! Terrible HC! Not putting Jalen in position to succeed!”
    “It’s Kevin Porter Jr.’s fault! Not the right fit!”
    “It’s Christian Wood’s fault! Selfish! Not a PointForward!”

BigggReddd, DaDakota, Milos and 3 others like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From experience, players that are known to be in their 20's and less for being 19 are normally more ready

7. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

The new tank commander, mentored and tutored by the wall himself. :cool::D:) keep chucking them 3s

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

In pre season he looked like he could never play point but he is showing play making ability

we don’t need a rondo type point but if KPJ/Green/Sengun can have above average playmaking in 3-4 years we will be very dangerous

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

BigggReddd and Nook like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I got no problem with this, G.

Just so you know, him and his PR team went the risky way of proclaiming him as the Ignite Superstar that was ultra ready because the G-league is so much better than College.

(So now you have one of the youngest backcourts in the entire league, and a Wood that is skinny af but stats friendly.)

#30 daywalker02, Nov 1, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    NewAge likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

He needs to be taught good fundamental basketball. Send him to the G League, where he will be well coached at least.

alethios, DaDakota and NewAge like this.
  12. Rockets21

Rockets21 Member

Man only reason I wanted him was the GLeague experience and how he was playing against grown men. Then he decided to run his mouth and how he’s going to make people play. The only good news is that It’s too early in the season and he has a lot of opportunity to redeem himself. I’m just not seeing the fire or the dog mentality all the pre draft experts were talking about.

The best player in the draft is Scottie Barnes and it’s by a mile. That dude is no hype and all game. Straight up taking it to the NBA bigs like they little boys. That dude is a total package.

cmoak1982 and NewAge like this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Love him and he shows flashes of brilliance, but you are not going to get everything all straight away to click. Wish i could see him pick and roll more with Wood

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Guys like OP are going to be serving up warm, crow tacos before long. That fallout is going to be historic around here. Most of you guys better be hungry because receipts are being kept. (dont worry - your "glad I was wrong" is like a get out of jail free card and will magically take away all of your slander!! LOL).

xaos and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Maybe, he has a whole career to prove everyone wrong, not just his rookie season. Judging who is the best out of the draft after 6 games is stupid. Barnes has started well, can't shoot from three though. At least Green has a 30 point game. Green's body will fill out over time

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

What concerns me about Jalen Green is his slight frame. He lacks the size and bulk to play a physical, drive-to-the-basket game, and his small size (not so much height but strength and mass) also hurts on the defensive end.

I'm not upset about passing over Barnes -- I don't think anyone saw that coming. I am upset about passing over Mobley, and question whether Rafa Stone caved to the whims of the crowd instead of sticking to principles. Mobley was the better prospect by any definition. But less flashy.

Milos likes this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Show me one good play Silas' has drawn up this year, considering he's aware of his own players' weaknesses. I'll wait.

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

it'd be nice if our coach could draw up a play where green gets an open shot.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  19. NewAge

NewAge Member

wasn’t his strength supposed to be one-on-one? Did we draft a Kyle Korver?

DaDakota likes this.
  20. vince

vince Member

Mobley was always the safer pick from the onset. But I think everyone agreed, that the overall potential of Green made the risk/rewards choice worth the selection.

Nobody here on Clutchfans is a greenie in regards to opportunity cost. And NBA draft risk.

Clutch always starts off his podcast, as the man who’d of drafted Harold Minor over Robert Horry. I remember that particular watch party and fans were furious the Rockets passed on baby Jordan (aka: Harold Minor).

Green has an “it factor”. You can see it, and it’s pretty amazing. But, he’s gonna have to hop a few steps towards NBA efficiency, before he becomes anything of a serious player.

NewAge likes this.