1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Astros vs. Braves

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 25, 2021.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Focus on this game, and don't roll over and die. That's the simple key to this. Get it back to MMP for Game 6. If this happens, it's a brand new Series.

2. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

No matter what happen in next 3 games…at least astros won 2017 World Series championship. Nobody can take it away from it.

cwebbster and mulletman like this.
  3. Elienator

Elienator Member

Ultimately it comes down to execution and the Astros haven’t.

You can also point to some luck on batted balls (Altuve’s not homer, Greinke’s hard ground out, RISP hitting vs other hitting), but ultimately the Astros had plenty of opportunities to win these games and didn’t execute.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I think the series is done, all I want and all I can hope for is that the Astros can take this one so they don’t let them celebrate at home, yeah it’s petty but it’s all I have at this point…

Squirtle likes this.
  5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

3-1 isn’t remotely insurmountable. It really just depends on which Framber we get tonight and if the bats make an appearance. For the team that showed up in Atlanta, 3 wins in a row against anyone is impossible. For the team that rallied against Boston, anything is possible.

6. Elienator

Elienator Member

The Astros had 15 winning streaks of 3 or more games, so certainly possible.

Had you told me before the series that the Braves would lose Charlie Morton and were held to 2 and 3 runs in games 4 and 5 I definitely wouldn’t think the Astros would be in a position where they needed to win three in a row.

everyday eddie and BigM like this.
  7. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Astros still have a 1 in 7 chance of winning the ws. If they win tonight that’ll go up to 1 in 3. One game at a time. Need another gem from Framber and the bats have to come alive. Astros had no chance with Bregman and Correa hitting that poorly.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Well Astros need to take it back and not be served like that out there. Not time to concede now

9. CinematicFusion

its all about Framber and the bats.
    Force a game 6

BigM likes this.
  10. CinematicFusion

We win tonight….and we win the series!

punkoholic, B-Bob, cwebbster and 3 others like this.
  11. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

This'll be mercifully over tonight. 1-3 in WS.

12. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wait, did Altuve just make excuses for piss poor batting performances?

13. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

No thanks.

14. CinematicFusion

screw that… win tonight and we win the series

punkoholic and everyday eddie like this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Aftrer the braves finally took the lead. The Astros went 6 up 6 down very quickly.

disgusting

Stephen66 likes this.
  16. ExTexanNowEastCoast

I agree. He is even hurting us on D. His bad hamstring, hurt ego, and the sand in his va*^*a are totally messing with his swing.

In all seriousness, the fact that Bregman is making over $30M/year has to play into it. Crane gave him this contract and I am sure is demanding that he plays. He would hate to look like an ass. Oh too late!

Why does Houston always get stuck with these types of owners. Charlie Thomas, Bud Adams, John McMullen, Tillman Ferttita, and now Crane. McNair’s are not cheap but they are dumb, so let’s throw them in too.

For a city that supposedly has all this money, the sports franchise owners act like they are broke. Crane has turned a $600M investment into $1.8B in 8 years, without a a great TV deal. If we had stars and won another WS, he could finally get that great regional sports network he has always wanted, like the Angels, Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs. Instead, if we keep losing in the WS and are considered choking cheaters, we will end up like the Padres. But at least he will have saved three dollars. WAFJ.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

When Zack Greinke is your best hitter ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The assumption that Jim Crane writes the lineup led to a really long post, I guess.

Bregatron, Radricky, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  19. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Kyle Tucker batting .333. Hitting 7th.

20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

My first thoughts this morning when I woke up

still can’t believe the astros are going out like this.

I really hope I am wrong but I think we get routed tonight. The hitters are mentally beaten and I just see them pressing again tonight.

worst offensive performance by a team that I have ever seen in a world series. Yes the 05 Astros performance was awful but this team is better than that one was. Complete and utter mental meltdown by the hitters. Unbelievable choke so far.

ExTexanNowEastCoast likes this.