1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Astros vs. Braves

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 25, 2021.

1. CinematicFusion

Braves have to feel real good about winning tomorrow with Framber on the mound.

We need to find a way to win tomorrow.
    Will be very difficult.
    But… have no choice.

start by dropping bregman to bottom of order.

PiPdAdY33 likes this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I was not on board with that prior to tonight. He had one of the only 2 hits for the entire team yesterday. But 0-5 in a pivotal game like this is inexcusable. Tonight, Bregman had fewer hits than Greinke and Maldonado!

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Gotta regroup and strategize

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tucker and Correa need to be moved up in the order

Jose Siri is that Energy Guy the Team needs in the Lineup.

Let Alex Bregman sit on the bench, and get him ready for next year

everyday eddie likes this.
  5. VanityHalfBlack

6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

**** being pessimistically objective.

I ****ing hate this ****, but I'm just going to ride it out one game at a time and be irrational confidence guy from here on out. Breggers is definitely hurt, but this lineup is too deep and too talented to just continue sitting down like that. 11 runs in 4 games, that has to change big time tomorrow. I expect Tucker, Yordan, and Correa to make adjustments. They've gotten a lot of looks at these pitchers. Hopefully we can actually take BP tomorrow and let's get this b**** back to Houston.

Let's ****ing go.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Altuve
    Brantley
    Tucker
    Alvarez
    Correa
    Yuli
    Maldy
    Framber
    Bregman

RKREBORN likes this.
  8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

If you've watched the Astros all year, you are more than aware this team is capable of going into a multi game team wide slump. It's not because they suck, they are not trying, whatever other dumb excuses there are. It's because ... baseball. Thats the way the game works and why it's so damn hard to win a World Series.

If you've watched the Astros all season, you are also well aware, we are capable of busting out of a team wide slump and raking as a team and taking 3 in a row from ANY team in MLB. We just have to hope they bust out tomorrow.

I do believe we should swap Breggy and Gurriel to shake things up and because I don't think Breggy has his legs under him and it's affecting his swing and confidence. Let's go Stros!!

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Alex had a good at bat in the first inning of game 2. Since then, it has been awful other than the shift single in the 9th inning last night, which was not hit hard at all. He is rarely driving the ball, and that has been the case since game 4 in Boston.

10. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Sorry but the blame is on the players. I mean who are you going to move around that would make a difference. Are you going to bench Correa and Bregman? Alvarez is playing like turd in the WS. He also played poorly in 2019.

Tucker is playing okay, as is Brantley. Maldonado is trash. Altuve is schizophrenic. Maybe you can move Gurriel but not sure how much it helps.

The fact is everyone in the lineup can be better. If you leave 11 men on base that is on the players.

Also, this happened in 2019 as well, before Dusty was the manager.

Again, the most money guy we had in our lineup was Springer and we let him leave to pay Bregman. Considering the season each of them just had, I say that Springer won. He got the bag while we are left holding the bag. Toronto will probably be in the WS next year. So at least we won’t have to watch us lose again.

Great work Crane and Luhnow. I guess when the MMP is empty, then finally Crane will understand.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and RKREBORN like this.
  12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Changing the batting order wont do **** at this point. Just remove bregman and put in Diaz and be done with it.

Bregs has been a massive disappointment. All the hitters have let the team down but he has been extra awful and is not coming out of it.

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. BigTex

BigTex Member

How the hell did Houston get stuck with Tue/Wed games. And Atlanta gets Fri-Sat-Sun. Plus Halloween. What a dumb schedule.

Gonna be super pissed if this doesn’t go 6

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Nice! I don't have tv's in my trucks though

Dgn1 likes this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The thing with Bregman is that he’s not even making solid contact. It’s not like they just aren’t falling, he’s swinging the bat like a little kid. He had one good piece of hitting yesterday, but even that wasn’t hit hard, it was just placed well. He’s currently major liability at the moment. I’m afraid Dusty won’t make a change because he wants to stick with his guy, but the season is literally on the line. It’s time to shake things up some.

16. Landry's Tooth

Part of it is looking at who the hitters are when the guys are on...

Cold hitters spread around the lineup... can pitch around guys like Yordan...

17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Bregman can sit on the bench as far as I’m concerned, but there is no way I’m benching Alvarez, Tucker or Brantley to put another automatic out at the bottom of the Astros’ lineup next to Bregman, Maldonado and the pitcher.

I’ll take my chances that Yordan remembers the opposite-field approach that won him ALCS MVP tomorrow night before I play Siri. The only way that changes is if the trainers determine he can’t play after colliding with the wall.

18. Radricky

Radricky Member

Have you met mlb?

19. Buck Turgidson

Bregman/Correa/Yordan(at least he's been getting walks)/Yuli/Tucker have all gone cold at the same time. The whole team cannot hit with men on base. This is a bad time to go cold.

If you had told me that we'd hold the Braves to 2-2-3 runs and only win one of those games I would have called you ****ing lunatic padded cell crazy.

It could all change tomorrow though.

CinematicFusion and DVauthrin like this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

They should let the players dress up for Halloween. The only requirement is they have to wear their number. Else, why the f*ck have the game on Halloween? b****es!