1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A disastrous summer for Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Oct 29, 2021.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Drafting Green over Mobley and Barnes is going to haunt us for the next decade.

He also did not attempt to reconstruct the coaching staff and even made a documentary for a coach that had failed miserably last year winning just 17 games.

Sending John Wall home is a mistake because his trade value is sinking to all-time low.

The Theis and Nwaba signings are stupid. 2 guys who cannot shoot is clogging up our space. Why couldn't he just get us some shooters?

Ziggy, pippsux, DaDakota and 7 others like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I hope you don't spontaneously combust when Cunningham has a good game too.

Boredhippy, Swapshop, tinman and 38 others like this.
  3. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

There are like 4 people on this board who wanted Barnes @ 2 (myself being one of them)
    And the rest of CF was split 60-40 on Mobley vs Green. I think GMs around the league would have been split similarly. Point being that drafting Green @ 2 was a very reasonable move.

Did Stone get the best player in the draft not named Cunningham? -- No, not in my opinion.

Did Stone draft future all stars @ 2 and 16? - Yes

That was not a bad summer. And lol @ disastrous.

Boredhippy, cbass, 7uche and 23 others like this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

You don't like the drafted players. You don't like the current players. You don't like the GM. You don't like the head coach.

So...so why are you even a fan of this team? All your threads and posts reek of "I hate the Rockets because..." or "this team sucks because..."

Go be a "fan" of another team. No one wants you here.

bluffkin, banzai, Dobbizzle and 30 others like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , I was one of the other less than a handful who wanted Barnes. I preferred him over Cunningham even .... BUT I wouldn't have taken him at #2 , I'd have tried to get back to #4 to get him , said as much on many occasions.

D-rock, roslolian, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Naw all the draft picks were correct. Green will be better the mobley lol. Again I'm assuming both will be great. I will always want the great gaurd over the great big. Every single time.

Boredhippy, 7uche, roslolian and 15 others like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank Christ. Hopefully DD chimes in too and we can be sure we had the best offseason of all time.

I was getting worried there for a second.

8. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Dude we’re like 5 or 6 games into these players’ careers and these guys are literally teenagers lol.

please stop this

Boredhippy, Dobbizzle, cbass and 29 others like this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Seems like a bit of a knee-jerk take..

D-rock, AroundTheWorld and 18pbr like this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I still believe Green will be the best player from this draft class when it’s all said and done.

This rockets team is a mess.

I think maybe Cade is the only one of the top guys that could’ve come here and still played well consistently and that’s because he’d be a primary playmaker and that’s something he’s used to doing. Hed probably call for a bunch of pick and rolls and just pick his spots and make good passes.

Anybody else would look shaky playing with these guys in this structure.

The Rockets probably don’t have the balls to do it, but they need to sit KPJ and start Gordon next to Green and let him go ahead and run the offense.

11. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Totally agree. Green's playmaking looks better than I thought, he could be a real combo guard threat with KPJ a perennial 6MOTY contender.

Porzingis looked better than Booker after a year, calling draft classes done after 4-5 games is comical.

Never change, Clutchfans.

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

OH for christs sake. Im not gonna be able to take this board for the entire season.

13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Mobley would not look like he does for the Cavs on the Rockets. He's is getting easy buckets from pick and roll lobs and system play. We dont have Garland or Rubio on this team to feed him the ball. Atleast watch the games before you comment. Mobley is not some one on one guy dominating he's getting it from point guards which we dont have.

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Also whats the say us losing so much isnt a godo think make the real next genrational player is in next years draft.

i3artow i3aller, 18pbr and DreamShook like this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They did draft him to replace Harden , may as well do it but I think the first weeks of that would be a train wreck of epic proportions & Clutchfans would explode ..... even tho they asked for it , they'd complain to no end that Silas was an idiot.

He really doesn't take good angles coming off of picks or attacking defenders .... Eventually it might work out .... but early on , oh man.

Invisible Fan and hakeem94 like this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think those angle issues are actually strength issues.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If the Cavs had Sengun he would probably be averaging 20/10 right now because their system demands passing it in for easy lay ins and dunks. They also have guards who love to pass and have good vision. As you see on our team we dont have the guards the system or the coach for that as SIlas isnt even starting Sengun.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yeah I'd imagine it would look bad early on, but I think it'd probably look better than what it looks like now with KPJ...

Although, I think KPJ is starting to defer to Jalen a little bit more. I'd still rather see Jalen out there more without KPJ and more with Gordon to open up the floor.

Believe It! likes this.
  19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Sengun can't even make an open layup. I can see him developing into a serviceable player but I don't see all-star potential.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He cant make one or he sometimes misses? He shoots 45% from the field pretty sure he makes layups.