1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this team worth our time and money?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kubli9, Oct 18, 2021.

?

Is this team worth our time and money?

1. Yes

104 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

78 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

If you are expecting wins, this is not the team for you. If you watch for signs of growth and maturity this will be fun. I am excited.

VooDooPope and Y2JT like this.
  2. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Is it? Hollis is about as basic as it gets but hes not horrible.

Id rather listen to him as background noise than someone like Reggie who tries to get himself over as a colour commentator.

3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, horrible. Ackerman was tolerable when we were good but now he is just annoying af. Why is Hollins there again?

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

5. Fantasma Negro

I'll be in the building on Dec 16th but other than that I'll probably only tune in if they have a marque matchup. I'll watch them from time to time for growth measurement purposes as well but it won't be in full game increments

6. kubli9

Supporting Member

Houstonians will not support a loser and it's always been that way.

ak99999 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

the city barely supports the team when they’re winning and trying to contend

many people in this city will go back to being Laker or Warriors fans or just stop paying attention to the team, and then follow the Rockets again when it’s convenient and they’re competitive

I have never seen TC as empty as it was last night…I truly wonder what the players think when they see an arena that empty

I really think they should dim the lights and light up only the court to try and cover the eyesore that is all those empty seats

tinman likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steve Francis year 1

9. tinman

Supporting Member

That should inspire people to go
    So they can buy a ticket and sneak down like 10 rows

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

for me, being in an arena that quiet and empty is depressing

sometimes during the K-Mart era, I’d be at TC in the lower bowl with damn near the whole row to myself with my section looking sparse as hell, and I hated when it was like that

I just wish we could have a good home environment :(

GotGame15 and Mr Woods like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

They got to start winning

12. tinman

Supporting Member

You won’t worry about covid or even waiting in line for hot dogs

13. kubli9

Supporting Member

I've been to several games at Moda Center in Portland when the Rockets have come to town and I've sadly enjoyed those games more as an away fan because the vibe at Blazer games is always so good. Something has always been a little off at Toyota Center, the energy at the Summit/Compaq Center was better.

Reeko likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I travel to see the team play sometimes mainly in Dallas or at Staples, and it has always been a good time with a little lighthearted trash talk because the arena is packed and the fans are into the game

kubli9 likes this.
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

They lose money when arena is not filled. If they lower ticket prices more, or more promotions; buy x get y free...

would more people go?

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Nobody wants to see/pay hard earn money to watch the Houston Bob Cats and Tillman poor excuse to put together a team. Who cares anymore.
    Here hoping Green can turn into a superstar. If not houston just going turn into the knicks with overpaid trash on the floor.

darksoul35 likes this.
  17. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Houston fans will barely support a winning basketball team. losers don't really exist.

18. kubli9

Supporting Member

Cool story, Confucius. Can you tell me the meaning of life while you are at it?

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I've had it every season of Steve francis' career lol

only last year I refused to watch. i really feel like if Tilman would've payed the tax just once harden would've believed this team was trying to win. harden saw the cost cutting, including hiring the cheapest coach on the market, and wanted out while he was still in his prime. Tilman dismantled a championship contender in just 3 short years, completely gutted from the court to the bench to the front office because of his cheapness.

I could not watch and root for that team.

however, this year I have to root for green and sengun who I believe are the real deal. I want to see them get better every game. I also want to see us get another top 5 pick, so I don't really care about losing.

in short, yes green and sengun are worth your time and money.

darksoul35 and kubli9 like this.
  20. kubli9

Supporting Member

I was still in Houston for the Francis/Mobley years, back when you could watch the Rockets on local cable without needing a special channel. I loved that team and I was heartbroken when we traded for TMac. I bought league pass for this season, watched most of each game. I wish I could say I have the same enthusiasm for Green/Sengun as I did for Francis but maybe they just need more time.