1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Astros vs. Braves

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 25, 2021.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We should move Brantley to leadoff, then those Altuve solo bombs will be 2 run homers.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. conquistador#11

Surprised not to see the 2019 Stros in there

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. swakid8

swakid8 Member

Watch him hit a a Yordan type homer

Tfor3 likes this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'd be happy if he actually made contact.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I keep saying this when I see these viewer numbers. There are a LOT of people watching on illegal streams. The eyeballs are there but no cords or dishes. I realize it was on FOX but I don’t even have a basic HD antenna. I haven’t watched even basic channels in years and I am not alone.

ramotadab and Blatz like this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The cheating 2015 Royals leading the way.

7. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Can confirm I watch on not legit streams lol

Squirtle and ramotadab like this.
  8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That 2019 team was carried by Cole and pitching. The offense was barely getting by much of the playoffs.

9. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Justin Verlander has been getting smoke all day from fans about not supporting the team.

I'm like man I'm glad we are tied up.

BMoney likes this.
  10. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Hella good point there

Radricky likes this.
  11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

God damn, Greinke in game 4 worries me more than Luis. Just saw his final 5 starts of the season, he got hammered by awful offenses in Rangers and Dbacks. He finished the season with a FIP of 4.71.

Luis Garcia's home/away splits are a bit worrisome too. 2.39 ERA at home with a 4.24 ERA on the road this year. While not a long term concern since it's a given with rookies, it is a bit scary for next game. As long as it isn't an implosion though, we should be fine. His fastball was easily his worst pitch this year along with his most used pitch. Hitters according to wOBA were basically Yordan vs the fastball while they had big issues with his other pitches.

But if the velocity spike that he had last game due to mechanics stays the same, it could minimize it. Hopefully we win that game even though the pressure is on them to win it. I have no idea what to expect out of Zach Greinke in the postseason.

He did very bad vs the Red Sox obviously, and gave up 2 hits in the 1 inning vs the White Sox despite no runs. This isn't a case of a player who did solid throughout the year having a down game like our other guys, he's been doing worse this year. He got demolished in his last 4 starts, but hopefully he can give us 3 innings at least.

NewAge likes this.
  12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

To those of you overhyping Siri's production, please stop. Chas McCormick was 12th among all fielders this year in Outs Above Average according to Statcast. He was also in the very top percentile in regards to Outfield Jump.

He does't make flashy catches because he makes them look easy like a good defender should.

Chas has a far better chance at drawing walks over Siri. Siri's one AB late in the game had him fouling off obvious balls.

Sure both are probably going to K, but Chas was hitting over .300 before this series started in the postseason.

Siri's expected stats had his batting average be around .250 instead of the .300 he hit. He's the flashy new toy, but he isn't a better option.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep.

Correa was playing hurt. Springer wasn’t as beastly after the injury. Yordan was getting slightly figured out (or just first prolonged slump of his rookie year). Yuli was regressing. Tucker wasn’t an everyday player. Maldonado about the same but only caught for Cole, Reddick was at the end… pretty much Bregman being the most dominant force.

I said it at the start of the playoffs… this years lineup (that wasn’t seen together all that much during the season) was the best top to bottom lineup of any Astros playoff team. And that’s including a gimpy Bregman, an inexperienced CF (whoever it is), and Maldy.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And he’s dishing it back with valid reasons why the situation is what it is.

He certainly seems to be still very much attached to his situation here, and anybody who calls him out or questions it. Pretty good sign that a QO would likely be enticing enough.

15. jayfree

jayfree Member

This stat amazes me.

Players on the Astros who only have played for the Astros and no other MLB team:

Correa
    Altuve
    Alvarez
    Bregman
    Tucker
    Yuli
    McCormick/Siri/Meyers

That's 7/9ths of our offense every game by home grown players.

Brantley, Maldonado are the only other two

Castro and Marwin also started their careers with Houston and played several years before leaving and coming back.

In theory, we could start a team easily that either played their whole career in Houston or the majority of it after starting it in Houston and still be very good.

Then our starting pitching consists of:

McCullers (althought now injured)
    L.Garcia
    Framber
    Urquidy

That's the majority of our starters in the playoffs as well with Greinke and Odorizzi the only other ones.

You could also add Javier to that mix of starters if you wanted as all home grown.

Nick_713, Scarface281, Tfor3 and 7 others like this.
  16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

because he’s Colombian? Need him comfortable haha.

edit: he’s Venezuelan. I’m an idiot.

Houstunna, Tfor3 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. JazzLakerHater

Greinke has had a hell of a career, and hopefully we can win a ring for him. But after this year, he needs to hang em up. He looks done.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

He can still be an effective pitcher. He had an injury and he never got back to his pitching routine. He could work over the off-season and be back next season if he wanted it bad enough. It’s really up to him imo. If he’s locating his pitches, then he’s effective.

JazzLakerHater likes this.
  19. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Greinke won’t be a starter. He’ll be the opener of a bullpen game

20. Jalen Green OnlyFan

His work ethic is amazing and he’s said multiple times that he wants to continue pitching and isn’t cool with retirement yet

he’ll be better eventually but prolly not with the stros