1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many minutes should Sengun play per game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dovahkiin, Oct 27, 2021.

?

How many minutes should Sengun play per game?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2021.
  1. 5-10

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  2. 10-15

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. 15-20

4 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. 20-25

25 vote(s)
    26.0%
  5. 25-30

40 vote(s)
    41.7%
  6. 30-35

13 vote(s)
    13.5%
  7. 35-40

11 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Member

We are all very excited for Sengun and Green.
    However Sengun still does not get enough minutes and clearly did not earn any respect from Silas so far in first games.

-Wall is not playing, instead of him unlimited credits and freedom has given to KPJ even he is a turnover machine.
    -Green is playing 32,5 minutes without any defense.
    -Wood has unlimited credits, Silas likes to play small ball with him. (means AL-P is out)
    -Theis is 30 years old and unarguable far worse than AL-P almost in every aspect of the game.
    -AL-P's minutes depends on how Theis plays? Like last game. Result just 14 minutes for AL-P!
    Well...
    Question: Why don't we cut -5 minutes from Wood and -10 minutes from Theis and give +15 more minutes to Sengun for his development? Can anyone explain it please? For who, for what?
    If it's winning -arguable- a few more games, then Wall should play too.

Average minutes of 4 games
    1-Christian Wood C = 34.3
    2-Jalen Green SG = 32.5
    3-Kevin Porter Jr. SG = 31.0
    4-Jae'Sean Tate SF = 27.8
    5-Eric Gordon SG = 25.8
    6-Daniel Theis C = 22.5
    7-Alperen Sengun C = 17.5

2. xaos

xaos Member

In terms of playing minutes with the goal of developing the players with the most upside he's top 3.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think some of the offense should go through him and see how he can handle it.

It's not like KPJ is a great play maker at this point. Sengun is probably our best passer. Not sure if Silas is adept at big man initiated offense. I wish we had a coach like Adelman. This team would be so fun to watch.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am guessing that Sengun is heading for about 24m per game.

There is probably not that a big of a difference between 24m or 36 m per game wrt development.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Sengun would be Adelman's dream big man in the high post. Hell he made Chuck Hayes looked like a master passer.

DJ, Deckard, ilias and 6 others like this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think players are not biting at all on Sengun's 3 pointer pump fakes now. They are giving him tons of space, the scouting is out there now.

He needs to start throwing up 3's when they give him 3 feet of space

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I just hope Silas is heading towards 0 minutes.
    [​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

As many minutes as young Al-P can handle. My only concern with Sengun logging a ton of mins right out of the gate was his rather recent and most incredible body transformation. Goonie finally put the baby ruths down and really upped his level of fitness. I say let him run for 30+ or until he fouls out so long as we're not taxing him too much or putting too much strain on his body. The best way to get in NBA shape is to play in NBA games.

burlesk and albuster like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

49 minutes

Sweat that chunk ass into shape.

i3artow i3aller and Jontro like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol he was always able to dribble penetrate even without them biting... only vs mavs he was hesitant, my guess is because bobby is uncharacteristically big and he isnt used to attacking vs such a length... and 14 minutes is really a small sample size...theres only so much you can do playing in spurts of 3-4 minutes and getting into rhythm is crutial to performing well...not even durant would perform so well if he played only 14 minutes in 3-4 short spurts of few minutes

as per taking 3s i dont like him shooting jumpshots because clearly its out of his comfort zone, his entire energy changes when hes about to shoot a jumpshot and theres a risk with it of getting out of his state of flow which is crucial for peak performance

its not his forte so he gona ruin that energy for himself and wont perform well in few minutes he gets...the lesser minutes he gets the more important is for him to does only things hes comfortable with....

if he starts getting 35+ minutes per game then i am ok with him taking a couple of 3s to keep defenses honest and start making it into a part of his game

11. fattz

fattz Member

Garuba needs playing time, too. I really don’t understand the Theis signing at all. I stated this when we first got him. Why take minutes away from the youth in a rebuilding year? Counterproductive

pippendagimp, albuster and hakeem94 like this.
  12. the shark

the shark Member

In my opinion this kid is a big part of their future and should be getting as many minutes possible (over 30)!!

i3artow i3aller and albuster like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

JUST IMAGINE the domination wed witness if hed actually get the real playing time instead of these crumbs

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's a really dumb assumption to make. I think by the very fact that he's the youngest player on the team and he is getting consistent minutes it's clear that Silas does respect him.

But if we're out here making wild assumptions, I'm going to go ahead and assume that the guy who was an assistant coach on the teams that developed Lebron James, Steph Curry and Luka Doncic knows more about player development than some random poster here.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It probably has more to do with conditioning and easing him into the faster pace NBA.

Anyone else notice that Sengun runs like a T. rex with his hands limp lol

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Its possible for Silas to have the same mind like the nba scouts that thought jokic the MVP gonna never amount to anything in nba...or hes just too lazy to run the offense tru sengun...or he has orders from above to tank....all this is very possible... its also known he doesnt like big man and prefers guards play, something his father also noticed it and warned him about...
    whatever there has to be a good explanation for not making out the best out of the diamond hes been entrusted with

Dovahkiin likes this.
  17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's a pretty simple explanation. We have Christian Wood and Daniel Theis too.

Streakshooter and harold bingo like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you dont bench sengun for theis...for wood i could understand...although sengun will give you more than wood given the same minutes...

we also have john wall but we rightly play KPJ instead

explanation is perhaps simple and so is the creation of the world, because its not hard for the almighty to create anything, just as its not hard for a mediocre mind to be throwing crumbles of minutes to a player capable of unlocking the entire team and save his job which i hope he loses soon

i saw how he allowed for sengun to be frozen out on offense in the summer league by the guys that are not even here anymore...so we already know hes preffering chuckfest instead of the beautiful and efficient offense.... now hes doing the same....lolololol so much for the offensive genius

bmelo, fattz and Dovahkiin like this.
  19. Milos

Milos Member

Yup
    For any EPL fans out there ... just like Raheem Sterling

He's got quite a few quirks
    Not unlike Kyle Tucker at the plate with his routine:
    dirt hands - top of bat - helmet tap - nose sleeve - plate tap - belt buckle

Everyone knows about talking to the ball at the line

I've also noticed he has a habit during dead balls of grabbing the bottom of his shorts on both sides and pulling them way up his thighs

Losmi_34, Kevooooo and hakeem94 like this.
  20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

The more the merrier